January 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,640 Member
    @rheddmobile, I’d do trail too. You’re really only competing against yourself.

@avidkeo, I’d run before park run. You can always split it in two - say 7-8 before and 3-4 after.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    I would run the actual trail route at a different time to the main event @rheddmobile and be true to yourself. So many people want to take the effort to cheat and they are more the fools for it. One of my strava challenges has someone who apparantly runs or speed walks for 14 hours a day, every day - whatever, I'll settle for being 57,000th place if I am improving in some way in myself.

I agree with @ContraryMaryMary on the park run @Avidkeo and start with the park run as the other way round means you have time it on getting to the park run start line exactly or risk running in very small circles whilst you wait!

Agree with all of this!
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    @rheddmobile I would do the trails. If you are already feeling iffy about it, I think that says that you know you should do it the way it is intended.

@Avidkeo I would run before Park Run and enjoy sleeping in on Sunday!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    @rheddmobile I try to do virtual trail on trails. A couple times this summer I did road instead but it was hot so my time was super slow anyway. I've even done virtual road races on trail. My 10 Miler was on a tough trail that I had to hike a lot. And I did over 11 miles 🤣 I was one of the slowest but most people did it on road.

I do them to better myself. I'm not coming in first or competing in age group. If I was I'd do trail for trail & road for road.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    @rheddmobile I would do the trails. If you are already feeling iffy about it, I think that says that you know you should do it the way it is intended.

@Avidkeo I would run before Park Run and enjoy sleeping in on Sunday!

Sounds like good advice.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,936 Member
    edited January 2021
    @Avidkeo I think I would go with option A too. You have to be there anyway and I'm all for sleeping in. :lol:

@rheddmobile Glad you had a nice run. My 2 cents worth is that I would run it on the trails, since it is a trail race series. I think they should have specified that in the rules. But, doing both so you can more accurately compare your times sounds like a good option too, as does running the actual course. Maybe things will get better soon and the rest of the series you will feel comfortable running in person. You could still place with that right?
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,936 Member
    Nice run @kgirlhart.
    So many people want to take the effort to cheat and they are more the fools for it. One of my strava challenges has someone who apparantly runs or speed walks for 14 hours a day, every day - whatever, I'll settle for being 57,000th place if I am improving in some way in myself.
    I agree. I don't know why people feel the need to cheat like this. I mean it is so obvious.

@Faebert Glad you are running and listening to your body. You'll get there. Hope you improve every day.

Enjoy your 4 day weekend @marisap2010 !

Thanks for the updates @TheMrWobbly ! So cool. I will try to add my walks on there today. I walked another 1.25 miles yesterday and hope for as much or more today.

@Teresa502 Glad your ankle is feeling better. I didn't realize you had hurt it.

Has anyone heard how @skippygirlsmom did with her surgery yesterday?
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,046 Member
    @TheMrWobbly The map and guided tour is really cool! I love seeing all the places we have been.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,780 Member

1/1-2
    1/2-6
    1/3-4.25
    1/4-2
    1/5-2.25
    1/6-2.5
    1/7-2
    1/8-3
    1/9-3.5
    1/10-3.25