Suits

Replies

• Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    jmd4ztbq7b2r.jpeg

I don’t really do suits, so this is about as close to dressing up as I get.

@Deadman_Diggingup

You do you very well, my friend! 💞

nfdd58aajyez.gif

Shucks… thank you very much!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    @Deadman
    Dapper comes to mind :)
  • toriann319
    toriann319 Posts: 994 Member
    This ain't even my style yet I can't look away... I have time to go through all 58 pages.... I have time... I'll make time...🤤
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    @Deadman
    Dapper comes to mind :)

Thank you :)
  • LegionOfZoom
    LegionOfZoom Posts: 196 Member
    Self bump
  • 5ofseven
    5ofseven Posts: 791 Member
    khall1984 wrote: »
    6xv4got43zmk.jpg

This is very nice, and a good match to your fair coloring.
  • 5ofseven
    0goetr1ykthk.jpeg

Very well put together

Have now read most of the thread, and his is a good combo.
  • 5ofseven
    Sami488 wrote: »
    I mean..... and he has a baby in his lap.
    qtg4ve9ix2mw.png

And this one <3
  • 5ofseven
    07ws1me1ah1p.jpeg

Henley regatta ready.... #toodlepip

Also this
  • woollenmonarch
    woollenmonarch Posts: 152 Member
    edited January 2021
    Only poor people and Washington politicians wear suits nowadays, esp in a post pandemic world 😁

My suits are gathering dust in the wardrobe and may never see the light of day again. Remote work is king
  • ReenieHJ
    Only poor people and Washington politicians wear suits nowadays, esp in a post pandemic world 😁

My suits are gathering dust in the wardrobe and may never see the light of day again. Remote work is king

I'm no coward. I disagreed with your post.

Have a good day 🤗

I'm not a coward either. I hugged your post. :)
  • 5ofseven
    Revolu7 wrote: »

I dont understand why you say poor people wear suits.....

That logic train is still in station.

If schlumpy Washington suits are the norm, I'd rather they don't come back. Several of the ones in this thread are really nice.
  • ReenieHJ
    I have to add; all these above 'poor' people are looking pretty hot. :) Unless they're all Washington politicians?
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,012 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »

You poor, misguided soul. Have you no concern for those of us in life-sustaining need of viewing cufflinks (specifically) and proper tailoring (generally) on regular basis? The amount of disrespect... 😩

Well i do tailor my t shirts.....but cant wear cufflinks with them 😉
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Revolu7 wrote: »

You poor, misguided soul. Have you no concern for those of us in life-sustaining need of viewing cufflinks (specifically) and proper tailoring (generally) on regular basis? The amount of disrespect... 😩

Well i do tailor my t shirts.....but cant wear cufflinks with them 😉

Well then, generally, this is fine. I'm happy to work with you, specifically, on the cufflink issue 🙌🏿
  • woollenmonarch
    edited January 2021

Have a good day 🤗

There’s always inner meaning in my posts and I pick terminologies which foster an active discussion

You ever see musk or zuckerberg or bezos wear a suit to work. It’s arrogance. Richard Branson once said he has reached a certain point in the power structure that he won’t wear a suit.

Suits were originally designed as a controlling dress code of white collar workers after the industrial revolution. It slowly made its way into Hollywood silent films and made its way to fashion
  • 5ofseven
    edited January 2021

Have a good day 🤗

There’s always inner meaning in my posts and I pick terminologies which foster an active discussion

You ever see musk or zuckerberg or bezos wear a suit to work. It’s arrogance. Richard Branson once said he has reached a certain point in the power structure that he won’t wear a suit.

Suits were originally designed as a controlling dress code of white collar workers after the industrial revolution. It slowly made its way into Hollywood silent films and made its way to fashion

The suit existed 300 years prior to the industrial revolution. It's fashion basis is similarly aged. Is the inner meaning usually this erroneous?
  • woollenmonarch

The tailoring industry was already dying. Coronavirus just drove the last nail in the coffin.

More than 70% white collar workers will permanently remote work. The great reset. You will need a tailored white shirt for maybe a wedding or Friday night date ( if you want to try too hard)

Otherwise most wardrobes will collect dust, like mine 😭😁