No weight Loss

Options
Hi been on this now for 5 weeks and every time I fill in my dairy it tells me in 5 weeks I will have loss 7lbs, I stick to my calories and exercise and never cheat but I have only shed 1lb any idea's what is going wrong

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,426 Member
    Options
    First of all, ignore that “in five weeks” thing. I wish they’d remove that. It gives people false expectations, dashes hopes, and imho cause people to give up as a result.

I can’t say anything better and more to the point than what @L1zardQueen already posted above.

My guess would be that you’re eating more than you think. Are you weighing your food, are you doing it in grams and not cups, and are you logging every single bite?
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,426 Member
    Options
    Also, are you new to exercising, and have you been stiff or sore? That will cause your body to retain water, which it directs to the sore places for healing.

I can very easily put on two or three pounds the day following a tough workout.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    The 5 week prediction only works if all the various estimates involved in your calorie balance work out.

Best guess - you aren't actually eating as little as you think you are.
    Making your diary open instead of private would help people help you.