Gaining Weight

Sami1601
Sami1601 Posts: 50 Member
I do not know what I am doing wrong.

I have been tracking my weight consistently for 5 weeks now and I’m gaining weight.

I have a Garmin Vivoactive 3 which is telling me active and resting calories I am burning between 2,000 to 2,100 a day. I am eating 1500 a day.

I started off at 145.8 pounds and now I am weighing at 147.8. In female 5”4.

I do not know were I am going wrong.

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Have you set up the website here correctly, with an appropriate weight loss goal of 0.5 to 1lbs per week? Are you using a food scale for all your food and checking database entries for acuracy?
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member

nnnaq5rggu08.jpg
  • Sami1601
    Yes I weigh and track absolutely everything
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,408 Member
    Have you just begun exercising, or taken up a new type of workout? If you’ve been sore from working out, it could be water weight. Your body retains water, which it directs to the sore spots to assist in healing.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,408 Member
    edited January 2021
    Also, if you are a female, your monthly cycle can carry a lot of temporary water weight, which feels more apparent because you’re so absorbed in studying the scale.
  • Sami1601
    All I do is I try and do 10,000 steps a day but some says I dont get to do the full 10,000
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Are your weighins consistent? What I mean is, for the 145.8 (5 weeks ago) and 147.8 (now) were both taken at the same time of day, some level of clothing, same process? For example it is normal to weigh less in the morning after you have used the bathroom than a couple of hours later after you have eaten breakfast and had something to drink. The food, drink in your body and clothing/shoes on your body factor into the # on the scale. So you need to weigh in consistently, same time of day and routine and same amount of clothing (or none). Otherwise it is a little like looking at 2 different watches set by different people and wondering why they are a minute or two apart.
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    also where in your cycle, if you have one, were you at the previous weigh in vs now.
  • Sami1601
    I weigh every morning at the same time, same clothing and take an average over the week.