What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,344 Member
    edited January 2021
    @Noreenmarie1234 i think I’ll be like a fashionable millennial and get a bar cart, but stock it with Jordan’s flavors. That would be a hoot. I didn’t know they had a peanut butter cup one.

I’ve got the salted caramel, peppermint bark and chocolate coconut. The coconut in a smoothie, with a pinch of shredded coconut added is off the charts.

I’m thinking a few grams of hagel in that peanut butter oatmeal. A little goes a long way. Once I get into the chocolate chips, it’s game over for the day.

7xhrhpi82yx3.jpeg
  • heavensshadow
    heavensshadow Posts: 264 Member
    Discovered a nice hack with my chocolate protein powder a couple days ago -- mix up just enough liquid with it to make a dip consistency and then use for fruit dip.
    It's been great so far with apples and raspberries. I don't like drinking my calories so this was a nice alternative to meet my macros!
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    Sugar cookie hummus 😲
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Sugar cookie hummus 😲

Do you make your own? This would be a dangerous thing to have within my reach I'm fairly sure...
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Discovered a nice hack with my chocolate protein powder a couple days ago -- mix up just enough liquid with it to make a dip consistency and then use for fruit dip.
    It's been great so far with apples and raspberries. I don't like drinking my calories so this was a nice alternative to meet my macros!

I used to do this to make a protein powder “icing” for protein powder muffins and the giant low cal angel food cake.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited January 2021
    xr5sa0a6jyex.jpeg
    Been obsessed with pili nuts lately. I wasn’t sure about them at first but now I’m obsessed. Best is the avocado oil and Rosemary.

I just wish they weren’t so calorie and fat dense. But they are worth it to me. 632sby13uv5y.jpeg
    f8l4bsqmaz16.jpeg
    30fpwmh4cdxz.jpeg
    20jc4wkgtiwf.jpeg
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    avif6mxd2mwu.jpg
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    grrr I'm on a chicken thigh kick again
  • vnorris25
    vnorris25 Posts: 14 Member
    Portobello Mushroom mini pizza. So good.
  • pancakerunner
    vnorris25 wrote: »
    Portobello Mushroom mini pizza. So good.

toppings?
  • PAPYRUS3
    I'm still 'obsessed' with roasted chestnuts lol!
  • pancakerunner
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

tbh i don't think i have ever had a roasted chestnut
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,344 Member

tbh i don't think i have ever had a roasted chestnut

Well word of advice. Unless you’re verrrrrrrry short on fiber, don’t eat the shell.

We’d never seen them before, bought a bag from a vendor at a Christmas market, and sat in a bench eating the whole things and wondering why people loved them so. Halfway through the bag (we’re persistent) we happened to see another couple peeling theirs and both had a lightbulb moment.

• tankergirl80
    tankergirl80 Posts: 2 Member
    So obsessed with date scones. No idea why when i got addicted to that hot date scones for my afternoon tea time . I try to eat half now if i have to
  • PAPYRUS3
    So obsessed with date scones. No idea why when i got addicted to that hot date scones for my afternoon tea time . I try to eat half now if i have to

scones w/ dates sounds very 'obsession' worthy...
  • pancakerunner

scones w/ dates sounds very 'obsession' worthy...

reminds me of the scones they had on the cruise I went on a couple years back... loaded with stuff... chocolate, pistachios, cranberries, etc... and date scones were my favorite. Finished off with large clumps of sanding sugar
  • rachelbrondel
    rachelbrondel Posts: 6 Member
    Potatoes. It is always potatoes for me. Crisps, chips, boiled, mashed, baked, it doesn't matter. I just love them.

I see that you are me. :D

Do they keep you really full on low calories? Apparently they are the most filling of all foods
  • pancakerunner
    Potatoes. It is always potatoes for me. Crisps, chips, boiled, mashed, baked, it doesn't matter. I just love them.

I see that you are me. :D

Do they keep you really full on low calories? Apparently they are the most filling of all foods

probably depnds on the type?
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Good old fashioned oatmeal made with Unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk and maybe a T. of sugar-free syrup.
    Really good and hits the spot when it's snowing outside. :)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Took the recommendations I got in here and got smoked sea salt. OBSESSED!! It gives that smoky flavor I love to everything. I put it on sandwiches, salads, wraps, eggs, meat, veggies, pretty much everything.

g8flq75rylgq.png