Diets Plans?

lynn1
lynn1 Posts: 20 Member
What diet are you following or are you counting calories? I’ve done it all!! Please help. I feel like I’m lost

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Calorie counter here. I eat what I want (usually within moderation lol)

What's tripping you up?
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Just counting calories. I've no interest in doing a 'plan', because I cannot keep a plan up for life -- and while I would like not to be calorie counting for life, I can if I need to -- but meanwhile I'm learning how to, basically, feed myself in a healthy, non-restrictive way that still lets me have fastfood or a piece of cake sometimes.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    x8x4rcvoib7g.jpg
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    lynn1 wrote: »
    What diet are you following or are you counting calories? I’ve done it all!! Please help. I feel like I’m lost

I would say most people here are calorie counting as MFP is primarily a calorie counting/calculator site. All diets work the same way...they all attempt to restrict calories in some manner or another.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Or you could do a diet plan you like AND count calories as it's the deficit that results in weight loss.
    Or simply eat the foods you like to eat and intend to eat for life in smaller caloric quantities.

The choices are huge but if you are lost then I'd suggest making things as simple and as least difficult as possible.

If you expand on why you are "lost" maybe you could get help with clarifying things?

• nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Calorie counting for me. I do try to get plenty of protein. Beyond that, it is a matter of making things fit. Sometimes I need to plan for something that is outside my normal calorie range, but that method works for me.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Count calories and macros. Found out that for me, keeping protein up keeps hunger down. I sometimes go crazy with fats. MFP helps me remember, on a daily basis, not to get too carried away.
  • Angrish101
    Angrish101 Posts: 14 Member
    edited January 2021
    Hi Lynn, if it helps, I basically follow my own plan where I pre-plan a weeks menu in advance. I basically took 2 days to sit and go through all the cookbooks in my house looking for recipes that were healthy or could be made healthy with a bit of adjustment. I wrote all the recipes I liked into a separate notebook, listing all the ingredients and referencing the cookbook I took it from so I could find it easily for cooking instructions.

I use a weekly planner book (easier to use than single, printed pages I find) that has BREAKFAST/LUNCH/DINNER/SNACK boxes and a separate section for opposite for shopping list. I've just been sensible about meals trying to add in more green veg and cutting out most meat opting instead for fish or plant based options. I've included fruit and nuts daily as snacks as this prevents me buying crap on the move. To be honest, once you get into the habit of writing your list in advance, planning your shopping and cooking in bulk the week before, you find it becomes so easy to stay within you calorie goal. While mine is around 1500, I'm happy to go over on occasion so I don't feel under pressure. Also, one thing to note is using 16-8 intermittent fasting as a way of staying on track. Eat within 8hrs and fast for 16, though even doing 12 and 12 is worth starting with, especially if you feel bloated at night. When planning your next week, you tend to find stuff slots in easily, for example if you make extra soup or have additional food in the freezer from a previous week, add that in so you're finishing stuff you've made in bulk.

Basically forget diets or fads, just plan and prep your food, keep it as natural and healthy as you can, stay active and don't stress. My diary is open if you want to read it, though it's mostly broken down into ingredients.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    I did this one, first to lose 50+ pounds, and then to stay at a healthy weight for 5+ years since (after 3 previous decades of obesity:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1

It suggests gradually remodeling your eating habits, using your food diary, to achieve calorie, satiation, nutrition, energy, and enjoyment in eating, while eating foods you personally enjoy and find practical.