Starting again at 68

IWTBF67
IWTBF67 Posts: 68 Member
Would love new friends in my age group 50-90

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    Hi! Have you had a chance yet to check out the new group for women over 50? That could be a great source:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/139104-women-over-50-ready-for-2021

There are also some great challenge/support groups over in Motivation & Support.

I'm in your demographic (age 65), but have to admit that I'm not the greatest support on the "MFP friend" side of things - more of a Community forum kind of gal, myself.

Hoping you can find the support you need, though!
  • sunpatient3621
    sunpatient3621 Posts: 3 Member
    edited December 2020
    Hi, I just restarted and am 57. Want to be friends?
  • LisaGetsMoving
    LisaGetsMoving Posts: 664 Member
    I am starting again at 63. Let's do this!
  • kellymana365
    kellymana365 Posts: 4 Member
    I’m turning 50 in Feb, I feel like an old lady need to change my diet and way of life as I can’t continue the way I am, it’s not good for me or my health. Need to crack on.
    So I’m here if you need support xxx
  • Adiva1959
    Adiva1959 Posts: 6 Member
    I would love to join, I'm 61, but l'm trying it again and really need some motivation to keep me going.
  • eppen5
    eppen5 Posts: 32 Member
    IWTBF67 wrote: »
    I'm sending a friend request. I'm a woman of a certain age remotivating myself for the new year.

• anny3818
    anny3818 Posts: 37 Member
    I am 60 years old and tired of trying, i want to DO it this time
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    55, need to get some weight off my joints, and would love some supportive connections.
  • LDemi333
    LDemi333 Posts: 92 Member
    Hi, I'm 62 and just fed up with feeling so unfit and fat. The last two years I have leaped in weight.
    I would love to join.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,344 Member
    I would love to hear more of @AlaskaSusan and @conniewilkins56 stories.

I think women in this age range need the extra storytelling motivation because we’ve been shrugged off and told it’s “too late” or “you can’t do it because of _fill in the blank___” age, hormones, lack of hormones, blah blah blah.

Would you ladies mind sharing more?
  • Candeek
    Candeek Posts: 4 Member
    IWTBF67 wrote: »

I'm sorry, I'm 68 and don't believe 90 is in my age group! lol
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    I would love to hear more of @AlaskaSusan and @conniewilkins56 stories.

I think women in this age range need the extra storytelling motivation because we’ve been shrugged off and told it’s “too late” or “you can’t do it because of _fill in the blank___” age, hormones, lack of hormones, blah blah blah.

Would you ladies mind sharing more?

I have written a lot of posts in the Larger Losers group....I am a binge eater and sometimes it’s really hard to do this....I joined May 28, 2019 at 350 lbs and now weigh 247 lbs....I gained a few lbs over the holidays....I am large framed and I am 5’9” tall....I did no exercise until this past summer...the weather is cool in Florida right now but I have been swimming 5 days a week for 90 minutes....friend me if you would like....I am loving my journey back to good health....
  • lynn1
    lynn1 Posts: 20 Member
    I’m 61 will be 62 in April!! Add me and we can do this together!! 5’5” 244 lb