123457»

Replies

• Nycgirl1979
    Nycgirl1979 Posts: 15 Member
    Congratulations!
  • erniewebbiii
    erniewebbiii Posts: 1,174 Member
    callriter wrote: »
    You are a true inspiration! In 2017 I was at 345 lbs. I lost a bit of weight over the next year and have been hovering between 320 and 315 for about a year. My last blood test came back really bad and I decided I need to once again get serious. Today I was 295.4 but 215 seems so far away. It seems impossible but after seeing your post it gives me hope. Thank you so much for sharing.

You're welcome. The most important thing about weight loss: Never give up. I think of it this way: Bad days happen. Just don't let them become multiple days. Because multiple days become weeks and then months. Good luck.
  • brendog79
    brendog79 Posts: 60 Member
    Keep up the good work. It can be done. It gets discouraging at times when you have to lose 3x or 4x the weight that others have to lose and your so large that most people don't notice. Ive lost 121lbs just shy of 8 months and the main thing that's worked for me is logging all my calories and I weigh myself everyday. You don't have to kill yourself with excercise but do something about 4 or 5 days a week.
  • erniewebbiii
    Congratulations!

Thank you!
  • ccaspers9239
    ccaspers9239 Posts: 1 Member
    That's fantastic! I just started at 365 lbs and lost 5.5 lbs the first week. My wife and I are making a life change. Thank you for sharing!
  • erniewebbiii
    brendog79 wrote: »
    Keep up the good work. It can be done. It gets discouraging at times when you have to lose 3x or 4x the weight that others have to lose and your so large that most people don't notice. Ive lost 121lbs just shy of 8 months and the main thing that's worked for me is logging all my calories and I weigh myself everyday. You don't have to kill yourself with excercise but do something about 4 or 5 days a week.

Thanks and congrats to you.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,041 Member
    That's fantastic! I just started at 365 lbs and lost 5.5 lbs the first week. My wife and I are making a life change. Thank you for sharing!

Don't get discouraged if you don't lost that much each week. You'll have to burn 500 calories per day more than you consume, in order to lose one pound per week. I've been averaging around 2 pounds/week since last July. Steady does it. There are numerous threads that offer a challenge, where you post your progress over time. Other people will give you plenty of support and encouragement for your efforts, and you can do the same for others.
  • erniewebbiii
    brendog79 wrote: »

Thanks and congrats to you.

Great start! Good luck to you.
  • erniewebbiii

Good luck to you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!