JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Replies

• HealthyTrent
    HealthyTrent Posts: 157 Member
    2021 Goals
    Walk or Jog 1000 miles -(at 33/1000)
    consistently track my eating and activity(Logged 13/13 days so far)
    Weight from 230.9 12/31/2020 to 190-200 lbs. by 3/31/2021 (currently 227.4
    undergo IVF (will continue trying to lose weight until I conceive)

JFT Wednesday 1/13
    Stay on task during work hours, I have 2 year-end deliverables due today and a lot going on Done - reports turned in
    Drink 80+ oz Done!
    12k steps Done - was 14k+!
    Go to bed at 10pm, wake up at 6:15am, walk for 30 min 1st thing tomorrow 9:30pm/6:45am, got in 15 min of walking - calling it a win since I did something!
    Log food/activity Done!
    Burn 2800, eat 1200, deficit 1600 Accomplished! 3074/1410/1664

JFT Thursday 1/14
    get 250+ steps hourly from 7am-8pm
    Drink 80+ oz
    12k steps
    Go to bed at 10pm, wake up at 6:30am, walk for 30 min 1st thing tomorrow
    Log food/activity
    Burn 2800, eat 1200, deficit 1600
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,689 Member
    JFT - Wednesday Jan 13
    Scale 199.4
    1L of water - :/
    Log all food - :)

JFT - Thursday Jan 14
    Scale 199.6
    1L of water
    Log all food

@mytime6630 - I boredom eat. I think I need to buy some sunflower seeds or something. I used them when I quit smoking as they kept my hands and mouth busy but I couldn't eat so many, because of the salt, that it did a lot of damage to my calorie count.

@WellingTX - It is a relief to get the vaccine. I'm happy for your parents. I am waiting to hear when my Mom who is LTC and my inlaws are able to get theirs. I work in LTC so have had my first one, but feel guilty that so many others want it and can't yet.

@mermaidnj - The last time I heard of someone writing lines was my daughter in Grade 2. Her Father overheard her disrespecting me and she was made to write the full definition of respect 100 times. She will be 32 in February and can still recite that definition.

I had my phone call doctor's appointment yesterday and she agreed that I needed a prescription for physio. Now I need to find a therapist.

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited January 2021
    JFT Friday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Post class plan right away on screen AND on site.
    2. Pit Crew: Answer WW questions. Mark Es and make recommendations. Input green grades for 4th; check target grades. COLLEGE REC.
    3. Classes: Set up Disqus. Input comments about "Poor Grammar."
    4. Planning: Grade classwork. Stretch. Philosophy of ed.
    5. Lunch: Leftovers. Buy Hood Feminism and New Jim Crow?
    6. Afternoon: Philosophy of ed; college rec. Walk at park?
    7. Evening: S&F 4. Dinner: Barbecue. Breathe. Set 2 of lifts.
    8. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash. Pester S about sending emails for characters.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    Today: 189.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Really tired today. It was just very full. Time for bed.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,264 Member

JFT Thursday
    - 7:00 am Global Call :smiley:
    - Feed 4-legs :smiley:
    - Take meds & Vitamins (forgot last night) :smiley:
    - If nice (not raining) go for a long, cold, hilly walk
    - If raining ride for 71 minutes - my new thing :smiley:
    - Log all food :smiley:
    - Stay in the green :smiley:

Have a stellar day, y'all!

Well yesterday was a bit off. I did my ride but didn't feel well afterward and took a long nap. Woke up still didn't feel good and skipped dinner, went back to sleep. Didn't set an alarm and over slept this morning. Stomach feels better, but I'm super tired. On an up note I just found out that I have Monday off!
    Easy goals today until I perk up a bit.

JFT Friday
    -Work by 8:00 :( 8:45
    - Shake for breakfast :smiley:
    - Log Food
    - Stay green

WFY: Forgiveness (self)
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Thursday 14 Jan

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg 😊
    Water 👿
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Weigh 😊 trend ↔️

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Friday 15 Jan

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh 😊 trend ↔️
  • mermaidnj
    mermaidnj Posts: 161 Member

@ pridesabtch WFY: Forgiveness (self)[/quote] really needed to read that today...

JFT Abstinence is freedom ..

• HealthyTrent
    2021 Goals
    Walk or Jog 1000 miles - (at 37.5/1000)
    consistently track my eating and activity (Logged 14/14 days so far)
    Weight from 230.9 12/31/2020 to 190-200 lbs. by 3/31/2021 (currently 225.5)
    undergo IVF (will continue trying to lose weight until I conceive)

Recap JFT Thursday 1/14
    get 250+ steps hourly from 7am-8pm (Hit 8/13 - could do better)
    Drink 80+ oz (Done!)
    12k steps (Done! Got almost 17k!)
    Go to bed at 10pm, wake up at 6:30am, walk for 30 min 1st thing tomorrow (10:30pm/7:15am - did not walk this morning)
    Log food/activity (Done!)
    Burn 2800, eat 1200, deficit 1600 (Exceeded! Burned 3350, ate 1370, deficit 1980)

JFT Friday 1/15 - Donating double red blood cells this evening, so won't be able to go all out on the exercising after work.
    Drink 100+ oz
    10k steps
    Walk at lunch at least 15 min
    Go to bed at 10:30pm, wake up at 6:30am, walk for 30 min 1st thing in the morning
    Log food/activity
    Burn 2500, eat 1200, deficit 1300
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member
    edited January 2021

Name: Tracie
    SW: 184.4 lb
    GW: 145 lb and then reassess
    Ht: 5'4"

Just for Thursday (1/14/2021)
    • No BS 24H Daily Plan & Assess ⭐
    • Spend 2 minutes writing in my Journal (start small until it is habit). ❌
    • Pre-journal meals and snacks after 24H plan is made ⭐
    • 64+ oz of water ⭐
    • Podcasts: Joyce Meyer ⭐/ No BS ❌/ Half Size Me ❌/ Read the Bible in One Year ⭐/ DB ❌
    • Pick 3 tasks on my To-Do List and complete them. ⭐
    • 30 minutes of low knee impact activity: Leslie Sansone, Body Groove, light hand weights, beginner/chair Yoga, take my buddy for a walk, Tai Chi, treadmill. PICK ONE! ⭐
    • Close kitchen at 7:30 pm - brush & floss and then no eating. ⭐
    • Evening Routine: Gratitude journal, Readings from JM / SA and Bible. Read something fun and lights out at 10:30. ⭐

Good morning! Hope everyone has a FANTASTIC FRIDAY! :flowerforyou:

Just for Friday (01/15/21)
    • No BS 24H Daily Plan & Assess
    • Spend 2 minutes writing in my Journal (start small until it is habit).
    • Pre-journal meals and snacks on MFP after 24H plan is made
    • 64+ oz of water
    • Podcasts: Joyce Meyer / No BS / Half Size Me / Read the Bible in One Year / DB
    • Pick 3 tasks on my To-Do List and complete.
    • 30 minutes of low knee impact activity: Leslie Sansone, Body Groove, light hand weights, beginner/chair Yoga, take my buddy for a walk, Tai Chi, treadmill. PICK ONE!
    • Attend No BS Virtual Wine & Vision Board conf. tonight
    • Close kitchen at 7:30 pm - brush & floss and then no eating.
    • Update and close MFP Food diary.
    • Evening Routine: Gratitude journal, Readings from JM / SA and Bible. Read something fun and lights out at 10:30.

Mantra 2021: Slow and steady wins the race.

To-Do's:
    • Pay Bills
    • Adjust Budget for February
    • Birthday Cards for Aidan, Kelly, Terry
    • Shred mom's papers for her
    • Pick up M's "food" ingredients and make a batch
    • Go through clothing in basement - toss / donate / keep
    • Send Matt letter
    • Research self-employment ideas
    • Make Dr appt for knees
    • Upload info for medical ins.
    • Call DWD WUI
    • Mop
    • Dust
    • Laundry

• PackerFanInGB

This year I will be more intentional in my decisions and actions. I will reach my goals this year. I've let too many things side-track me in the past, and 2021 is going to be the year I set realistic goals and achieve them slowly and consistently. I'm no longer working and there will be no more excuses!

In 2021, I will lose 25 lbs. This adds up to 0.5 lbs/week; slow and doable. I weigh weekly on Sunday mornings.

5 Why's:
    1. Health. (Prevent cancer recurrence. Increase heart function. Lower Glucose. Longevity.)
    2. Energy. I was able to retire 5 years early. I want to enjoy every day of it.
    3. Reduce joint pain and inflammation. I want to walk a 5k this year and my knees are in constant pain. I know losing weight will help. If I need surgery on them or a knee replacement, losing weight will help me heal better also. I also want to be a hiker in my retirement.
    4. Mental clarity. My brain feels fuzzy and I believe part of it is due to sugar intake.
    5. Personal. Wear more fitted clothes. Look better in pictures. Able to get on floor with grandbabies and get up by myself without pain.

Year in Review:
    01-10-2021: 184.4
    01-17-2021:

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    weekly weigh-in 2021 -- every friday

Name: Joan
    5'11"
    69 yrs old

SW: 195
    1st goal: 185
    2nd goal: 180
    Ultimate goal: 170-175

Word for the year 2021: Consistency

My weight history:
    SW Year 2017: 217
    SW Year 2018: 195.5
    SW Year 2019 : 206 -- met my goal weight of 178 on December, 2019
    SW Year 2020: 182.6 -- gained 15 pounds through the pandemic :s
    SW Year 2021:195

Goals for 2021:
    These are the healthy habits I would like to do in 2021:
    1. Lose 25 pounds to get to my ultimate goal of 170, and then learn how to maintain it.
    2. To be better with planning my meals each week
    3. to get up in the morning, and have a rough idea of what I plan to eat the rest of the day.
    4. To stop mindless eating. To learn how to eat to live, not live to eat.
    5. To make drinking water a regular habit.. and drink 8+ glasses of water a day
    6. To curb and stop nitetime snacking for good.

Weekly weigh-in. I plan on weighing every friday
    Friday, Jan 1st: 195.6
    Friday, Jan 8: 194.4
    Friday, Jan 15: 194.6. I was down to 193.4 2 days ago .. but this reflects 2 days of mindless eating.
  • HealthyTrent
    @mytime6630 - that all sounds so hard! I'm glad your daughter is okay, and I hope your tax situation gets sorted out. I had a heck of a time getting my tax refund from the IRS for 2019 due to filing as a widower - I was not particularly impressed with the IRS based on my experience.

"Food just makes me feel worse, not better" - I'm trying to really embrace this as well, as someone who is an emotional/comfort eater.
  • PackerFanInGB
    @mytime6630 HUGS to you! I'm so glad your daughter is safe. That is scary and you sure don't need the stress right now. Good luck with the IRS. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get it straightened out! xxoo
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,452 Member
    @PackerFanInGB Welcome back! So glad to see you posting again.

@mytime6630 (((hugs))) So sorry you are going through so much.

@Snowflake1968 Hopefully physio gets you some relief! (((hugs)))

@TerriRichardson112 Congrats on your lowest weight. You are such an inspiration!

Recap R 1/14
    1) Walked dog 3.82 mi :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly :smiley: 13/14 & 18k
    3) Net cals zero / 14c water :) -48 & 10c
    4) Work at home day: AJNH / keep up with emails / 2:00 webinar (pace) / PRO s/s notes = 4/4
    5) Grocery shop / pack more decorations / declutter 15 min. / church video / meditation app = 3/5
    6) UNPLUG 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / 6:45 alarm (treadmill before work) :p can't believe I forgot to set my alarm! = 0/5

JFT F 1/15
    1) Treadmill 3.15 mi :smiley:
    2) Move hourly
    3) Make chili / net cals zero / 14c water
    4) Work at home day: AJNH / Facebook Live 12:00 / PRO s/s notes / submit PRO & PAR s/s / update Project Status / keep calm about mgmt emails
    5) Pack more decorations (yes I put up lots) / declutter 15 min. / church video / meditation app / other chore?
    6) UNPLUG 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / no alarm Sat.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year!
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and continuing to log / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings