NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    For Teresa...congrats again, lady!

wdr46bnussrc.jpg
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,547 Member
    Morning all, I took 10,066 steps yesterday, logged but was over my calories, not sure on sleep, my battery died and I didn't know it on my Fitbit. I tracked and took my supplements and oil. I am still stressed, family dynamics at play, but I am headed in the right direction.

@trooworld I would like to fall out of touch with the world, it's part of my stress and anxiety. LOL. I am sorry your back is still tight, but glad you are sleeping better. Let us know how the WW recipes work out. Love the penguin picture for Teresa..LOL

@TeresaW1020 Congrats on the loss. You have found what works for you and most of the time it really is about the journey not the end result. Although both are happy notes for you!! Congrats on no sugar. Glad you found a bra, it's hard to find one that feels like you are not wearing one, sticking gouging, suffocating..LOL

@mswatson0777 My daughter is better, yes. Thank you. Thanks for the pep talk. That sounds like fun renting out a theater. You guys now how to celebrate. LOL. Hope you keep that joy and laughter I hear in your post in you, even while you are working.

cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    edited January 2021
    @trooworld I'm glad your arthritis is better now. I've been doing some stretching exercises trying to reduce my hip pain. Maybe just go out for a short walk to start and then build on that. I'm like your hubby on "I never get the first of anything". lol

@mswatson0777 Good for you for staying in your boundaries. There really might be a generational correlation. I'm grouchy if I don't get my sweets. lol My parents always had sweets every night. I grew up with Hostess Twinkies, HoHos, and Ding Dongs. We didn't have much money but there was always money for those. I'm a Soma bra gal. I like to splurge on those. That sounds so fun about the movie theater.

@cbabie Good for you for tracking. It's the first step. Your book sounds really good. I may read it once I'm done with my other books I'm reading right now. A bit sad today when I looked at the date and thought it's Dad's bday I need to call him. :'( Your job is to take care of yourself first so you can take care of baby girl. If you are sick and decrepit then what? How is your daughter now?

@teresaw1020 I see your point now. I think it depends on the actual person. I know someone who takes depression medication but has very little fat in her diet. Other friend has super high cholesterol and based on her diet shouldn't have. So yes it's an experiment of one. I do not want to be my mother in law. Woohoo on the 75 lbs. That's awesome. I hope to join you one day in that victory. I'm half way there.

I had dinner at a friend's house last night still managed to stay OP. Learning to eat half portions.
    I lost 1.9 lbs this week.

January goals:

Green-Stayed OP 171/238 gm o:)
    Intentional Exercise-46 min strength training, walking, stretching :| (got 253/300 burned calories)
    Water-25% :|
    Zone minutes 32 minus 3 due to inactivity 5/8 :|
  • trooworld
    @cbabie That's great, well done! I'm sorry you are still stressed, I hope that gets better. I will let you know how the WW recipes are.

@theslightedgeforever Yeah it's finally better today (it still hurts a little). Yesterday it hurt pretty badly still. That's great you were able to stay OP at your friend's house. And well done on the loss! :)

Hello all. I talked to another one of my doctors yesterday (the one that does my depression medication) and she said that the Ambien is only supposed to be prescribed for temporary use and it is addictive. She only wants me to use it 4 days a week max. So, I will ask about the sleep clinic at my appointment with my new doctor. In other news, I lost 1 lb this week. This is not much but it's better than it has been: I've been gaining every week for many weeks now.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS.
  • trooworld
    @mswatson0777 I meant to tell you that I went looking on the SavageX by Fenty website yesterday and ended up getting some things. Thanks for the recommendation, I'll give them a try and see if I like them.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS.
  • trooworld
    Here is my WW+ year in review. You'll see it says something about December 2020, to get another discount, I had to quit and re-sign up in December:

https://thewwyearinreview.idomoo.com/c54b0036bb3c729272e90f29359e3ee12f4790e162aa5dc911208460cf04ab46/aa36f66b537a3a7cff45e5a5d6bef9407f4a9d9a/01A3385B00
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,547 Member
    Morning all, I walked yesterday, but emotionally I cried all day. I did better on my food.. But I am on a fast rn praying. So over all it was a good day. My walks are important to me. LOL I have to laugh at myself. I have a book thats kind of a devotional..called Sparkling gems. I felt led to read todays pages. It was all about self care...are you so busy taking care of everyone else that you forget yourself? If you give and are empty you have nothing to give. Now it was talking about about a preacher of a large church and not spending time with God, but my mother had a saying I apply to me ...first the natural then the spiritual. I even took all my supplements and drank my elderberry juice...so all boxes checked.

@trooworld That review is great..what an awesome thing to have. Yea on the loss!! Never despise small beginnings. LOL.

@theslightedgeforever Yea I wrote on his FB then my camera gave me a review "on this day". Dad's birthday 9 years ago, mom was still alive..I cried. oh well you forgot we grew up on fried cheeseburgers too...LOL

Cbabie
  • mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    @TeresaW1020 Congratulations!!! 75lbs down is a huge accomplishment!!! And we're going to watch Groundhogs Day (I know a lot of references from it but I've never seen it so I'm excited!)

@trooworld I'm so glad you found some stuff on the website, let me know how you like them!

@cbabie way to track and get your movement in! I'm so sorry that it was a rough emotional day. I'm glad you were able to cry it out although I hope today is better. I hope you're able to embrace the message to care for yourself, because you deserve it!

@theslightedgeforever Congrats on the loss! I've never been much of a Hostess girl, but I LOVE homemade cake. I try to keep cakes and cookies out of the house because I devour them, but I do have mini dark chocolate bars for a daily sweet treat. I find it keeps me from bingeing

Happy Three Day Weekend! I slept in until 7 and then laid in bed for another 30 minutes, it felt glorious. Last night my SO and I had a date night and watched WandaVision and Soul on Disney+ (I recommend both). It felt good to watch some lighthearted TV and just snuggle on the couch after a long week. I got my dissertation edits back so I'll have a busy couple of weeks ahead of me while I make those edits. I'm glad she got them to me before the three day weekend since I'll actually have time to dive in before work takes over my life again on Tuesday.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @trooworld Awe thanks for that graphic! Those Emperor Penguins are really big! :D Ohhh that isn’t good about the Ambien only being a temporary fix. I hope you can get into a sleep clinic and find some real answers. Great job on losing that pound!! Keep it up. <3

@cbabie Glad, you were able to get out and walk. I very much agree with that book and that you have to take care of yourself before you can take care of others around you. Hang in there! <3

@theslightedgeforever You don’t want to be your mother-in-law and I don’t want to be my sister. I’m hoping to actually become an inspiration for my sister before she ends up bedridden when she gets older. Thanks for the whoohoo! You will get there for sure! You are one of the most determined people I’ve met in my online communities. :)

@mswatson0777 Thanks! I’m pretty happy about finally hitting that number on the scale. I LOVE Groundhogs Day! Glad you are having a good weekend. :)

Hi everyone! Well, I almost did something totally stupid. I had the wrong date for the baby shower. It’s not today but next Saturday. Thank goodness I texted one of the girls a question who cleared up my misunderstanding before I showed up today with a big bowl of chicken salad and Deviled eggs and no one to eat it. :D I have a children’s church tomorrow and spent most of the morning putting together my lesson plan. I also did a workout and now I’m off to watch Day 6 of the Quit Sugar Summit. I really have enjoyed all the great speakers and info I’ve been getting. :)
  • trooworld
    @cbabie I'm so sorry you are struggling emotionally right now. I'm glad it was a good day despite the emotional upsets. Your mother sounds like she was a smart woman. Thanks for your continued support.

@mswatson0777 Will do! How wonderful to have a 3-day weekend! We started to watch Soul last weekend but we stopped to go to bed and then we forgot we were watching it. It was good, what I saw of it, we'll pick it back up. That's good you know what you have to do with your dissertation. Good luck!

@TeresaW1020 Yes they are! re: Ambien...yeah, I'm disappointed but we'll see if I can get into the sleep clinic. Oh my! I'm glad you discovered that the baby shower is next weekend before you made all of the food. Enjoy your day with the kiddos and the Quit Sugar Summit!

Hello all. My husband and I went for a nice walk yesterday, the weather was so nice. It was actually a bit hot (sorry you people with snow lol). I made homemade corn tortillas for dinner, we had steak tacos and refried beans. It was really delicious. Today, I plan on cleaning the car and maybe making some meals ahead of time. We'll see if that happens. ;)

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • mswatson0777
    @TeresaW1020 If you can believe it this was my first time seeing it! We laughed so hard in the theater, I love dark comedies! And that is too funny about the shower, thank goodness you texted someone.

@trooworld The second half is really cute as well. I'm glad you were able to get out for a walk and enjoy the nice weather.

Happy Sunday! We had an absolute blast at the theater, it felt so wonderful to do something semi-normal for once. And honestly, it was great to be able to talk in the theater without annoying anyone! I'm definitely not losing any weight this weekend, but we had so much fun I'm not mad about it. I'm cooking healthy meals for the rest of the weekend/week. I spent the morning reading for fun and the afternoon doing some dissertation work, and now I'm about to round it out with a walk or yoga or something.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @trooworld it sounds like you had a great day yesterday! How is your arthritis pain doing?

@mswatson0777 Glad you liked the movie! It's one of my all time favorites and you make me want to watch it again. Maybe on Groundhogs day. :grin:

Good morning and happy Monday! Today, I need to do some housecleaning and go to Aldis. I have a lower body workout to get through first. Last night my hubby put his hand on my leg and commented that my leg was so much thinner. I was like, "finally you noticed" :D I need to have a good week because this weekend is the baby shower and then on Sunday is mom's birthday and we are taking her out to dinner. I did find a recipe for individual Keto cheesecakes that I plan to make for us to enjoy too. :)
  • trooworld
    @mswatson0777 Oh good, I'm glad to hear it. Yes, it was so nice out all weekend! I'm glad you enjoyed the theater, that sounded like a lot of fun. You seem like you had a fabulous weekend, well done!

@TeresaW1020 I did have a great day that day, actually, the whole weekend has been good. My arthritis pain: I woke up in pain this morning but not as bad as it has been lately. I think by the mid-morning, the pain should go away. Thanks for asking! That's great your hubby noticed your weight loss. By 75 lbs, I would say it's about time lol. Knock it out of the park this week and you'll be fine this weekend!

Hello all. This weekend was fabulous. I did use all of my weekly points on steak tacos, chilaquiles, drinks, and a very tiny thing of Ben & Jerrys (I bought the smallest one they make) but it was worth it. The weather was nice all weekend and I did make a soup for later in the week. Last night, we had Lemony one-pan orecchiette with sausage and Broccolini, which was a WW recipe. It was really good and encouraging that the rest of the WW recipes I picked out for this week might be okay! LOL I drank 128 oz of water yesterday so @theslightedgeforever , I more than made my 100%. My goal is to drink 128 oz a day now. It used to be 60 oz but I read an article on WW about drinking water and they had a formula based on your age and mine came out to be 128 oz.

• renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,253 Member

Been a bit since I check in. Way over indulged on hubby’s days off. time to kick it into overdrive have a few pounds to go to make it to my end of January goal. Hope everyone is doing well. Will try to get caught up on posts today.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    January goals:

Green-Stayed OP 94/100 gm o:)
    Intentional Exercise-41 min walking o:)
    Water-50% :|
    Zone minutes 57 minus 0 due to inactivity 9/8 o:)
  • mswatson0777
    @TeresaW1020 Isn't it so funny how many pounds it takes before our SO's notice! Lower body workouts are always so challenging. I did the 21 day fix plus cardio core this morning and it was a challenge!

@theslightedgeforever Looks like you're doing well on your goals! Now just adding the hydration in!

Welcome back @renaegry!

@trooworld I've been really impressed by how much WW have grown in their recipe game. I used to try to make some stuff from them in the early 2000s and it was so bland and flavorless. I once tried a crockpot red curry from them that called for 2-4TBS of red curry paste for the very large crockpot (for real). Now they're actually using spices!!!

Happy Monday all! Since I have the day off I got a workout and a dog walk in this morning and now I'm going to do some dissertation work before I do a virtual movie night with friends. I cooked up a bunch of healthy food and did some laundry yesterday so I'm ready to take on the week.

I've been noticing I've been getting really grumpy when it's time to do my dissertation work. I need to work on a bit of an attitude adjustment or it's going to be a long year. I feel like 2021 is the year of putting the work in for 2022, since by 2022 I'll hopefully be done with classes (and tuition payments!) and vaccinated so I can actually enjoy a social life again. But to get there I have to buckle down this year and put in the dissertation work and stay safe. I just keep reminding myself that this is the year of achieve so the following year can be a year of enjoy!
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Hope everyone has a great night! Started back tracking today. Making it a goal to track everyday and get up at 4:30 am. Need more time in the morning beforehand work but I’m far from a morning person.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    @TeresaW1020 Isn't it so funny how many pounds it takes before our SO's notice! Lower body workouts are always so challenging. I did the 21 day fix plus cardio core this morning and it was a challenge!

@theslightedgeforever Looks like you're doing well on your goals! Now just adding the hydration in!

Welcome back @renaegry!

@trooworld I've been really impressed by how much WW have grown in their recipe game. I used to try to make some stuff from them in the early 2000s and it was so bland and flavorless. I once tried a crockpot red curry from them that called for 2-4TBS of red curry paste for the very large crockpot (for real). Now they're actually using spices!!!

Happy Monday all! Since I have the day off I got a workout and a dog walk in this morning and now I'm going to do some dissertation work before I do a virtual movie night with friends. I cooked up a bunch of healthy food and did some laundry yesterday so I'm ready to take on the week.

I've been noticing I've been getting really grumpy when it's time to do my dissertation work. I need to work on a bit of an attitude adjustment or it's going to be a long year. I feel like 2021 is the year of putting the work in for 2022, since by 2022 I'll hopefully be done with classes (and tuition payments!) and vaccinated so I can actually enjoy a social life again. But to get there I have to buckle down this year and put in the dissertation work and stay safe. I just keep reminding myself that this is the year of achieve so the following year can be a year of enjoy!

I hear you. I need one with my main job...or I need to find a new one LOL gotta get through 2021 now!
  • trooworld
    @renaegry You've got this!

@theslightedgeforever You are doing great!

@mswatson0777 Yes, I had the same reaction to their recipes in the 2000s and that is the time period that my dislike is based on lol. I'm going to plan more next week. I hope you had fun with your virtual movie night, that sounds like a good time. I think you have the right line of thought regarding your dissertation work. I know when I was in grad school, it seemed like I would never be done with school and I often got depressed. I hope your mood lifts soon!

@gemwolf110 Good idea to track. I used to not be a morning person but after years of having to get up early, I am finally one.

Hi all. My back is still bothering me and that's not surprising because yesterday I got into some chocolates at work and had 4. :( I need to not go in that room but that's where the water is. I can go to another building to get my water and I think I will start doing that. I drank over 128 oz of water yesterday again.

• mswatson0777
    @gemwolf110 4:30am?!? Holy buckets! You must go to sleep super early to get up then!

@trooworld Impressive water intake! It is really hard to avoid the treats when they're right in front of you. I know I've struggled staying out of the kitchen! Getting up and taking a short walk to the other building sounds like a great plan to avoid treats and incorporate movement.

Happy Tuesday! I'm feeling fairly refreshed after the three day weekend. Yesterday I got all my goals in and I didn't overeat sweets which I'm calling a win. Today I got up early, got a workout in, and got 40 minutes of solid dissertation work in before work. I'm realizing that I need a few days to come to terms with requested edits before I can start to make actionable progress on them. Once I break them down they're really not too bad. I got Chapter 3 out again to one of my committee members and now I'm tackling wording changes before adding additional content. I've got two more weeks to get it back to my advisor to stay on track which I figure is plenty of time.