fitbit makes my arm feel weird?

I got a fit bit that also tracks my sleep. When I wear it I feel a tingly sensation radiating through my arm. After a few days it becomes a pain so I take the device off. It was worse when I 1st got it & the tingle would start within hours.

I haven't worn my fitbit for months now but I'd like to track.

Is it me? I tend to have a low pain threshold & am very sensitive to my environment (think Princess & the pea)

Any advice? recommendations? Different way to wear it?

Replies

• Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    My fitbit can press on nerves and do that to me, also its worse if i have it on my right wrist. Try to wear it looser. Maybe a different type of band?? softer or stretcher than the silcone ones they come with
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,537 Member
    Does it do the same thing on your other arm? Is it really tight?
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Are you allergic to something, maybe a metal that's in it?
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,382 Member
    What does your skin look like underneath? The first fitbit I ever had burned my skin from the sensors. It was clearly defective as this should not happen. Yep, it also caused a burning sensation. Fitbit sent me a loaded creditcard with money for a new device and doubled it to say sorry.
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    It's loose enough that it slides around & the skin underneath is normal, no bumps, hives, bruises, redness. The arm just feels weird. Yes, I get the same sensation if I wear it on the other arm.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    edited January 2021
    I can't stand wearing things on my wrist, so after my Fitbit One began dying I got an Inspire 2 which can be worn on a clip on my pocket or waistband. It disables the heart monitor function thing when you switch to the clip, but I wasn't all that interested in that anyway.

ETA: When I used it for sleep monitoring just to get the info, I used a wrist sweat band and just cut a small slit between the layers and slipped it in there. Still didn't like having anything on my wrist but might work better for you.
  • Lynatea
    Lynatea Posts: 311 Member
    My Versa did this to me when I first got it. I know exactly what OP is talking about. It did eventually go away although it took about a month or so. I did have to take it off sometimes at night those first few weeks.
  • Fit_Happens_2021
    Fit_Happens_2021 Posts: 303 Member
    Trish1c wrote: »
    It's loose enough that it slides around & the skin underneath is normal, no bumps, hives, bruises, redness. The arm just feels weird. Yes, I get the same sensation if I wear it on the other arm.

I haven't had this happen with my Fitbit. If I were you I would ask about it on the Fitbit forums because I don't think it should be making your arm feel that way. The moderators there are pretty good at answering these types of questions, and I would ask if there is any chance it could be faulty. I hope you find a solution as Fitbit is a great aide to health goals.