Women 200lb+, Let's Make It Count This January!!!

Replies

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I'm having real problems finding comfortable bras a size down. The issue got put off a bit with December weight gain, but as I lose that I'm feeling it in my shoulders again.... the band is too loose, and I'm hanging a lot of weight off my shoulders. The 34Gs I got were pretty but only had 2 hooks, and that felt really unstable. I'm used to a broad 4-hook back band. Am ordering some new bras in an 34H to see if that ends the cup spillage that I had in those G cups. And am hoping that I lose some weight in that dimension because otherwise I will definitely be getting a reduction when I get my weight lost, and that fast and early.

I hear ya! The struggle to find the right bra is awful. Not to mention so expensive! Ive found myself this past week realizing i need fo get some new ones too but i hate spending the money. I do really like the ones from Torrid. Not sure if you have one by where you live but they do have online shopping too.
    Where does everyone usually find theirs? Does anyone else have a good recommendation?

I've been using Amazon Prime Wardrobe to try on basically every bra I can find in my measured size, I'll probably remeasure every month or so and see where I'm at. I've found exactly one bra that fits - well, technically two, but they're the same model (Elomi Morgan, 44FF and 44G). Brastop and Bare Necessities are also good places to buy bras with good return policies. I've bought bras at places like Lane Bryant in the past, and Cacique is okay, but I've come to prefer unlined, seamed bras over molded-cup or padded bras.

Elomi is a brand that specializes in large-band, large-cup bras, and a lot of them are even pretty cute! As cute as an industrial-grade boulder holder can be, anyway. I so wish the Elomi Cate fit me better because I love the design on it, but alas, it's built for boobs of a different shape. Goddess is basically the other major big-bra company, and I find they tend to be very full-coverage - supportive and comfortable, sure, but also rather matronly, which isn't what I'm looking for personally. Wacoal also does make large-band-large-cup bras, but I've not found a Wacoal bra that I like. Most of their big bras are minimizers, which isn't what I want - it gives me a weird, unflattering shape, IMO. Nordstrom carries Wacoal, if you're able to go to a brick-and-mortar store where you are; it's been a while since I've gone bra shopping in-person, but last time I was at a Nordstrom Rack, the big-bra racks were chock full of Wacoal.

My breasts are slightly full on bottom (slightly more breast tissue below the nipple than above), with very wide roots (I have breast tissue wrapping around my sides). Morgan's wires are plenty wide enough to encapsulate those roots and sort of bring it all front and center, which is what I want. I could do with maybe a little bit more immediate projection, but my IMF is also just not shaped like a bra wire so it's never going to fit perfectly in there. This bra could probably accommodate someone a bit fuller on top than I am, as the top of the cup is a slightly-stretchy mesh. The whole thing is very pleasant to wear and soft to the touch, not scratchy at all. The gore (the middle part, between the cups) comes up a little higher than I'm used to, but it does lay flat against my sternum like it's supposed to, and I think improving my posture will prevent that from getting uncomfortable over the course of the day. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to buy a third one.
  • KMC55
    KMC55 Posts: 100 Member
    @goal06082021 , @twosteplove , @AlexandraFindsHerself1971

I don't have the full bra description that goal06082021 had but I have had Vanity Fair from JCPenny's for years and really like them. Wider shoulders so they don't dig, the 4 hook back, wire free with molded cups and they are made well. I wear a 38DD and they are the most comfortable bra I have ever worn. I haven't bought any in a while but if I remember correctly they are fairly affordable.
  • MuttiNM
    MuttiNM Posts: 240 Member
    @TabulaRasaElisa I'm retired so I now have plenty of time to exercise. :) My county is still pretty much in lock down so I'm home a lot. I spread the different exercises throughout the day so I don't end up sitting around the house for too long at one time. However, last time I lost a bunch of weight (of course, there was a last time that I didn't keep it all off, lol) I was working. At that time, my exercise was the weights and treadmill. (The chair yoga and step platform are new this time around. The hikes are just for fun!) I forced myself to get up early and work out before work. Since I started slow, I only had to get up 10 minutes early at first. I gradually increased that until I was working out about an hour total each work day. It just became part of my routine to get up, exercise, and then get ready for work. My job was very stressful with long hours and I knew I wouldn't feel like working out after work so that's what worked for me when I was employed.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    @Emheia - I'm told my husband is going to be receiving a Ring Fit for his birthday next week. What's it like, how does the game work? I'm so curious!

I had access to a Wii Fit for a while in college and I remember that being pretty fun (and also a lot of running in place, mostly).
  • twosteplove
    twosteplove Posts: 41 Member
    mumof6sv wrote: »
    Hi everyone I hope it’s not to late to join your group.

I used to follow this group early last year but then I lost all motivation and gained everything I lost plus more. So new year, fresh start. I’m motivated and ready to make this year mine.

Started on the first of this year. So today is weigh in day.
    Stats:
    SW: 236.9lbs (107.5kg)
    CW: 227.9lbs (103.4kg)
    Total loss: 9lbs (4.1kg)

My goal weight by end of the month is 222.6lbs (101kg). Ultimate goal weight is 165lbs (75kg).

I haven’t taken any measurements so I think I might do that tomorrow so I can have something else to gauge my loss other than the scale.

Way to go on the weight loss so far this year!
  • twosteplove
    twosteplove Posts: 41 Member
    I'm having real problems finding comfortable bras a size down. The issue got put off a bit with December weight gain, but as I lose that I'm feeling it in my shoulders again.... the band is too loose, and I'm hanging a lot of weight off my shoulders. The 34Gs I got were pretty but only had 2 hooks, and that felt really unstable. I'm used to a broad 4-hook back band. Am ordering some new bras in an 34H to see if that ends the cup spillage that I had in those G cups. And am hoping that I lose some weight in that dimension because otherwise I will definitely be getting a reduction when I get my weight lost, and that fast and early.

I hear ya! The struggle to find the right bra is awful. Not to mention so expensive! Ive found myself this past week realizing i need fo get some new ones too but i hate spending the money. I do really like the ones from Torrid. Not sure if you have one by where you live but they do have online shopping too.
    Where does everyone usually find theirs? Does anyone else have a good recommendation?

I've been using Amazon Prime Wardrobe to try on basically every bra I can find in my measured size, I'll probably remeasure every month or so and see where I'm at. I've found exactly one bra that fits - well, technically two, but they're the same model (Elomi Morgan, 44FF and 44G). Brastop and Bare Necessities are also good places to buy bras with good return policies. I've bought bras at places like Lane Bryant in the past, and Cacique is okay, but I've come to prefer unlined, seamed bras over molded-cup or padded bras.

Elomi is a brand that specializes in large-band, large-cup bras, and a lot of them are even pretty cute! As cute as an industrial-grade boulder holder can be, anyway. I so wish the Elomi Cate fit me better because I love the design on it, but alas, it's built for boobs of a different shape. Goddess is basically the other major big-bra company, and I find they tend to be very full-coverage - supportive and comfortable, sure, but also rather matronly, which isn't what I'm looking for personally. Wacoal also does make large-band-large-cup bras, but I've not found a Wacoal bra that I like. Most of their big bras are minimizers, which isn't what I want - it gives me a weird, unflattering shape, IMO. Nordstrom carries Wacoal, if you're able to go to a brick-and-mortar store where you are; it's been a while since I've gone bra shopping in-person, but last time I was at a Nordstrom Rack, the big-bra racks were chock full of Wacoal.

My breasts are slightly full on bottom (slightly more breast tissue below the nipple than above), with very wide roots (I have breast tissue wrapping around my sides). Morgan's wires are plenty wide enough to encapsulate those roots and sort of bring it all front and center, which is what I want. I could do with maybe a little bit more immediate projection, but my IMF is also just not shaped like a bra wire so it's never going to fit perfectly in there. This bra could probably accommodate someone a bit fuller on top than I am, as the top of the cup is a slightly-stretchy mesh. The whole thing is very pleasant to wear and soft to the touch, not scratchy at all. The gore (the middle part, between the cups) comes up a little higher than I'm used to, but it does lay flat against my sternum like it's supposed to, and I think improving my posture will prevent that from getting uncomfortable over the course of the day. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to buy a third one.

Writing all of this down for future reference. Thanks for all the tips! My 18 year old daughter struggles with this too. She is a very active senior in HS with just huge boobs poor girl and a small frame. We finally found a sports bra that she loves and i love it too. Shefit is the brand l. Pricy but WORTH.EVERY.SINGLE.PENNY. Especially to an athlete like her.
  • MaxCat1000
    MaxCat1000 Posts: 40 Member
    SW: 274 (Sept. 30/20)
    This month:
    Jan 1: 259.0
    Jan 8: 252.8, DAC: 1812
    Jan 15: 250.2, DAC: 1689
    Jan 22:
    Jan 29:
    January Goals:
    Weight: 250
    Daily Average Calories: <1750

So, things are going better this month. I am just having a lot of knee pain at night. I don't know exactly what is wrong now, but I do need knee surgery. Of course, I have to lose about 70 more lbs before they will consider it (I have other health issues which make it more difficult.) I think something keeps going out of place for one, and for another the doc said I seem to have bursitis there too. I don't know why it's okay in the day time, when my legs are upright, but when they are horizontal it really hurts when I bend my right knee. So I am not getting a lot of sleep some nights. I have just started taking ibuprofen before bed so we'll see if that helps, but I can't take it for too long (see previous mentioned other health issues!) Anyway, glad I am retired so I can sleep in if I need to!

The bra discussion has been interesting. I can't seem to find any front closure bras any more, though. Also I did sign up for a bra fitting at a chain store. Hah. Won't do that again. She did measure me but she said I was 38 (I forget the cup size). No way. Tried the one on she brought me, and way tight. She talked me into going with a 40DDD. Wish I had listened to my own instincts and insisted on a 42 because the one bra I was able to add my own extension to, but I didn't have enough to do the other. I will wear it in a pinch but it is a relief to take it off at the end of the day. (I really cannot afford to buy more right now, so here's hoping I lose quickly enough to make them comfortable soon!)