30 pounds to lose challenge by March 2021

Replies

• lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    shnerb00 wrote: »
    Something that is really helping me right now... protein bars. I know there is some mixed feelings about these. In the past I have avoided them because of added sugar and not so natural ingredients. However, I’m changing my tune on this. I’ve been including one protein bar for my mid afternoon snack for many reasons:
    1. I struggle to get enough protein
    2. It helps curb my ‘eat everything in site between the end of the workday and dinner’ habit
    3. It is a little daily treat so I don’t feel deprived

So... are protein bars a part of your plan? If so, what’s your favourite kind?

If you want a high protein snack with no added sugar a couple of boiled eggs do the trick....will carry you through to dinner no problem. 180 calories for 2 large eggs. Although if you want some sugar eggs won't work for you.
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Foo, it's totally your breakfast. If I weigh before breakfast then again after I always weigh more!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited January 2021
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    Week 1

SW 192.2
    CW 188.4

BF% 38.9
    MM 64.6

Thanks for the accountability!! Hope everyone have a great weekend! The weekend is typically when I fall off the wagon. So I have to stay strong LOL

Week 2

CW 189.4 ( Water retention)
    BF% 38.8
    MM 65.0

Hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy! Have a great weekend!! <3
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited January 2021
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    Good news... I came back to work from being remote teaching, and my colleague asked, "did you lose weight?" I was so happy inside- even though it's only 8 pounds, it made me even more motivated.

That is so awesome!! 8 lbs is a lot
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,485 Member
    @RubyRed427 Awesome results! I weigh in tomorrow.
    My Monday No Alcohol Gin arrived today. When I checked the label I was thrilled to see it has ZERO calories. Of course, the tonic water does ( I don't like the diet). So I'm having my alcohol free happy hour and feeling pretty good about things. Having a light supper (soup, half a sandwich, a lean cuisine etc) seems to be working out well. I realize I am not as hungry at night as I thought I was when I was making big dinners.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    JenT304 wrote: »
    @RubyRed427 Awesome results! I weigh in tomorrow.
    My Monday No Alcohol Gin arrived today. When I checked the label I was thrilled to see it has ZERO calories. Of course, the tonic water does ( I don't like the diet). So I'm having my alcohol free happy hour and feeling pretty good about things. Having a light supper (soup, half a sandwich, a lean cuisine etc) seems to be working out well. I realize I am not as hungry at night as I thought I was when I was making big dinners.

Zero calories! Always a good thing. Yes, light supper is the way people used to eat and we probably should go back to ....
    Sounds like you're on the right track!
  • shannonkelly08
    shannonkelly08 Posts: 133 Member
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    I have stress eaten all week. Garbage!!! Over the course of 3 days, I have eaten an entire package of cookie dough. The good thing is.... it's gone now. The bad thing is - somewhere in the neighborhood of 2100 calories.

Time to figure out my stress eating as stress will ALWAYS be a part of life!!

So interesting that I came on here to comment about my couple of days of feeding my emotions and your post above was the first that came up on my screen...I HEAR you loud & clear. I am sitting here right now having just eaten a late lunch and trying to figure out the max calories I can have today without blowing another day's good intentions out the window and it hit me that this is exactly what I am doing ~ stress eating ~ and then wondering why and THEN figuring it is likely the stress of another restrictive move by our provincial government that has gone from another lockdown to putting our entire province into a 2nd state of emergency which will affect my work once again. Don't get me started!!!!!

Anyhoo, that is part of it, but most of it is the lack of sense that all of these restrictions makes when it is NOT working...The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over & over expecting a different result!!

SO, I cannot control that situation cause I have no say. What I need to do now that I have figured out what is fueling my emotional appetite is think of ways to address the stress I am feeling....THE PLAN is to do a 10 minute meditation as soon as I write this, THEN get in a hot tub and read some more of my current novel on the go. Good starting point...I also have a jigsaw puzzle newly started that will provide a good distraction for me.

That's my plan. When you figure out what is triggering you I'd love if you would share with us and your plan for redirecting yourself.

Thank you for sharing your struggle...it is such a great help to hear your challenge with emotional eating.

Hugs to you! The goods news...you recognize that its stress eating. Now you can move forward with a plan and by the sounds of it, you have one!