8,366 14 Jan
    5,648 13 Jan
    6,881 12 Jan
    4,094 11 Jan
    6,957 10 Jan
    9,959 9 Jan

• podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Weigh in - sorry it's late this week has totally got away from me!

username - podperson1
    week - 2
    PW - 187.8
    CW - 187.8

Been an up and down week so guess will take the maintain. Isn't it strange how weight can jump up and down all week and then settle on the exact same decimals lol?
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    hope002
    Friday
    PW 184.5
    CW 183.6
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 424 Member

Maybe I'll host a team meeting and show tips and tricks for MFP's website, since I know for a fact you're not the only one having this issue.

As for the delete button, MFP allows you to delete posts up to an hour after posting. All you have to do is refresh the page (or leave the thread and come back to it), scroll to where your post is, and then hover your mouse over the top right corner. A black gear should appear, with options to edit and delete the post. [/spoiler]
    I would definitely like the tips and tricks lesson! I did not know about the delete button, thanks! You and Melanie are a great help.

• aknroberts
    aknroberts Posts: 102 Member
    aknroberts
    Week 2
    Fri
    PW: 229.8
    CW: 229
  • kos33
    kos33 Posts: 31 Member
    Kos33
    PW 167.2
    CW 167
  • justmeagain275x
    justmeagain275x Posts: 6 Member
    Sw (1/1/21) - 214 lb
    Pw - 212 lb
    Cw - 211 lb
    Little by little!
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 424 Member
    edited January 2021
    aknroberts wrote: »
    aknroberts
    Week 2
    Fri
    It all adds up, good job
    kos33 wrote: »
    Kos33
    PW 167.2
    CW 167
    little by little, getting there
    Sw (1/1/21) - 214 lb
    Pw - 212 lb
    Cw - 211 lb
    Little by little!

good job!
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Check In: Fri 15th
    Food: Logged - under (yay!)
    Exercise: 5k run and 3k walk
    Steps: 11,694

Was far better with my evening snacking last night. I have pineapple slice (though did add a little light squirty cream) and a cherry blossom white tea. Meant I ended the day under my calorie go, which is the first time in quite a while!
    Managed to head out for a run without the kids in tow, so that was quite a nice bit of "me" time, and I managed to get my fastest time so far - just over 31min for the 5k. Later I headed out with the kids for a walk to get them out of the house.
    I don't work on a Friday and it was good to be able to spend time guiding the kids with their school work (needs to be really interactive with a 5 year old), without also having to deal with my paid work.

We have no plans for the weekend. Will probably feel quite overwhelming when life gets back to normal and we are out of lockdown restrictions. Won't know what to do with ourselves! But for the moment, I am enjoying a relax in the sofa!

Hope everyone has a good weekend. Great seeing some fabulous losses! Well done!
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Oh, and a little request.... I am currently making a meal plan for the week, and find that we have the same things in rotation and getting a little bored. Do you have any go-to healthy meals/recipes that you love and would be happy to share? We are not overly fussy, but all detest celery (though usually can leave out or substitute quite easily in recipes!)
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    aknroberts wrote: »
    aknroberts
    Week 2
    Fri
    It all adds up, good job
    kos33 wrote: »
    Kos33
    PW 167.2
    CW 167
    little by little, getting there
    Sw (1/1/21) - 214 lb
    Pw - 212 lb
    Cw - 211 lb
    Little by little!

good job!

You did it!!
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Please remove me from the team. I thought I would have time but it does not seem worth the effort. Good luck to all.

Peace to all.
  • podperson1
    Hi all,

Congrats to all of you losing this week - no matter how little it's all a step in the right direction!

@pacsnc6 - fantastic news! Cookies are my downfall as well - every time I say I'll have some self-control and just have one :D
    @Freeglerock - pineapple with squirty cream is taking me right back to my childhood - 80s kid lol! I don't know what you normally have meal-wise but I'm making a veggie sausage casserole type thing tonight that I will probably make a big batch of and freeze. It's basically veggie sausages, garlic, onion, peppers, cook them all in a pan, add tin of chopped toms, tin of mixed beans, bit of paprika and simmer for maybe 5 mins. Really quick and easy but tastes nom :) I'm a very lazy cook so can't be bothered with anything too complicated :)
    @Zumba_Luvah - great job :)

Been a bit better day. Did my online zumba class this morning. Decided was going to put my camera on (urgh!) as thought it would probably make me work harder - totally did, am def feeling it more than usual lol! I have my meals for the day planned out and NO chocolate in the house :D Have told flatmate if he gets some then he needs to keep it in his own room. He's so annoying as he's super skinny and doesn't really have a sweet tooth, but sometimes he'll fancy some, buy a pack, have like one, and then leave the rest in the kitchen with 'just help yourself' - *sighs* I need to take some lessons but just can't seem to get myself in that mindset.

• melaniedscott
    edited January 2021
    @Freeglerock My husband and I cooked meals for his parents three days a week for two years (will not discuss...always ends with me ranting...it is starting...No!!). We asked them to pick at least one meal a week (gave them a list of options) but they never did. After they complained about duplicates (solution: tell me WHAT YOU WANT) over two or three weeks, because we do a lot of the same stuff and most of my creative is too spicy for them, I created an 8 week rotation (with week sub-ins, so, really 12ish?) on note cards. I say 8 because there are about 8 "nice" meals that I only ever make on a weekend because of prep work or cook time and the rotation circled around those...but there are a couple dishes I won't make more than once every 6-12 months, like Lasagna, that would enter the rotation occasionally.

One recipe I found that worked really well was Beef and Broccoli (which MIL ordered at restaurants a lot). Recipe follows:
    https://www.food.com/recipe/the-best-easy-beef-and-broccoli-stir-fry-99476

Here is why we liked it: it is very versitle. Use chicken (or tofu or pork or shrimp or fish) instead of beef. Look! 5 different dishes! Sub in green beans (or carrot or peppers or asparagus or mushroom....or a combination) and look! 5 more dishes! It is easy, fast(ish) and yummy every way we made it. Serve with rice or udon. Or whatever you like with stirfry. And, no celery...

The same site had a Chinese Vegetable Stir Fry which is pretty good too. The pic shows baby corn. The recipe has none. I add a can sometimes, as I like baby corn.
    And if any of this sounds obsessive compulsive...it is. Totally.

This is the second time I typed this because my stupid phone decided to refresh...stupid kitten.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Maintenance weight 134.4

Total steps 34243
  • melaniedscott
    podperson1 wrote: »
    ...I'm making a veggie sausage casserole type thing tonight that I will probably make a big batch of and freeze. It's basically veggie sausages, garlic, onion, peppers, cook them all in a pan, add tin of chopped toms, tin of mixed beans, bit of paprika and simmer for maybe 5 mins. Really quick and easy but tastes nom :) I'm a very lazy cook so can't be bothered with anything too complicated :)

This sounds nice...when you say a tin of mixed beans...like green beans, wax beans an yellow beans (three bean salad style) or black beans, kidney beans...etc? I've never seen a mixture of bean-beans in the states...but it sounds intriguing. Of course, you said garlic, onion and peppers so I'm automatically in.
  • podperson1
    @melaniedscott - the one I have in the cupboard is mixed cannellini, pinto and kidney beans. You can put pretty much any beans in it though, I've done it with black beans and even baked beans before now. I like recipes where you can just throw in whatever's in the cupboard lol.
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    Zumba_luvah

Okay going in the right direction now. Just gotta keep doing that. One thing that will be very hard for me when I reach my goal weight is maintaining. I can lose the weight, I can gain it, but I've never been able to maintain it for very long at all.

That’s always been my problem too. I’m planning on staying on MFP when I lose my weight this time around. I see that it helps a lot of people maintain, so I’m hoping it’s going to help me. I’ve got a ways to go to lose the weight again, though.
This discussion has been closed.