I have Covid 19

Replies

• yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    It happens, even when you are careful. Just keep going forward and you'll get through this. It's tough that your mother is hospitalized. Hope she gets out quickly. Take care of yourself and rest up. Best wishes.

Thank you she got out after 3 nights, its slow but we're on the mend. ❤
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    Thanks for the update! Glad to hear you are both better :)
  • yweight2020
    Please keep us updated, we're all in this together and I think if I get it I will really need my online communities, so I hope we can be of comfort.

How are you feeling generally?

Thank you, we're slowly feeling much better. And I love and appreciate this community as well.🤗
  • yweight2020
    edited January 2021
    lokihen wrote: »
    lokihen wrote: »
    I'm so sorry you and your mother are going through this and I hope you both recover fully.

Most people will think my precautions are too extreme, but here it is: I haven't been inside a store since March. Everything that comes into my house gets disinfected or washed. When I hug my son we both wear masks and then I shower and wash my clothes. I treat frozen foods as a biohazard until they are fully cooked (like I would raw meat). I don't eat out or get takeaway.

I have a P100 half-face mask and ventless goggles to wear in an emergency like having to take my parents to the hospital. FYI: this kind of mask is much more comfortable than N95 masks and the replaceable filters are good for 40 hours of use.

Again, I hope your mother is home with you soon.

Thank you.

No you don't sound extreme, sounds very necessary, where are you finding these mask? because most n95 were no longer being sold to the public and if so there fakes.

I hope she's home soon also, thank you for your kindness and sharing Take care.

I got my mask on Amazon back when the Ebola scare was big. (I've always been cautious.) It's 3M 6391 P100 and the filters are sold separately. The price has gone up quite a bit since then. I don't know if it would be worth it for you as hopefully you both will have immunity now.

Thank you for the information, my daughter purchased N95 from the medical supply store $70 for 20 and they say one time use.

The doctor's say you aquire some immunity, but not guaranteed. She said she talked too 1000 patients who had covid 19 and only 2 were re infected. So the odds seem good for immunity.

Id like the vaccine though.🤗❤
  • yweight2020
    Oh bless you, I hope your mum's picking up
    We caught it just before Christmas
    My daughter is on the extremely clinically vulnerable list here (UK)
    We shielded with her for 5 months and then we're told she had to return to school, the government, local council and NHS said schools were safe, that she had to attend school but no where else.......
    Yep she caught it from school. The headteacher rang to apologise, most of her year group had to be sent home just before we tested positive

The burning sensation in my face and lungs has been driving me to distraction along with the constant bad headache and fatigue kicking my butt

Thank you and your family as well, good you sheltered I. Place with your daughter, because this disease is horrible. I'm not surprised she got it from school, to many people and kids are always touchy Feely.

I know what you mean about burning, my nostrils were burning also and I had the headaches and was very tired. No burning now, but I half way can smell and the covid pneumonia left me with a little chest pain still.

We're slowly healing, but much better. Take care 🙂 ❤
  • yweight2020
    7elizamae wrote: »
    Your mom must be very thankful for a daughter like you.

Thank you for your kind words, I'm sure she is. She's always been appreciative and a sweet lady. :)<3
  • yweight2020
    I was the same, I was very careful and still got it. I wish you and your mom a speedy recovery! Both of you will be in my prayers.

Thank you very much, how long did it take you to recover? Thank you for the kind words and prayers, so many caring people here.

It took me 2 weeks to test negative, but months to fully recover.

Thank you for your reply, I'm glad your better now.🙂❤
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,905 Member
    Please keep us updated, we're all in this together and I think if I get it I will really need my online communities, so I hope we can be of comfort.

Thank you, we're slowly feeling much better. And I love and appreciate this community as well.🤗

Thank you for the update.

May you both continue to improve.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member

So glad to hear you're both improving! It does seem to take time to regain stamina and feeling good again. Take it slow and keep taking care of yourself.

{HUGS}
  • yweight2020
    Prayers of support for you and your mom. This pandemic is maddening ... the media and political blitz make you think if you wear your mask and do exactly what they say.. you won't get it. Not true.. most people who get it are mask wearers and do their very best .as you did. It is a virus that is random and unpredictable.

Take your vitamin C, your zinc...and vitamin d3... if you don' have it.. sign up for instacart and have it delivered from one of your drug stores. You can also have your groceries delivered by them as well.

The hospitals are much better at the treatments now.. so. your mom getting COVID at this time, means the best treatments/theraputics are now available and doctors know more of what they're doing. That wasn't the case six months ago. ]

Stay positive.. take care of yourself.. I know of 11 people.. including a 99 year old and an obese woman with diabetes who recovered from the virus.

Thank you I agree and yes we take vitamins and I've used instacart and amazon fresh delivery.Thanks for the positivity and information, were getting better a little everyday . Take care 🙂 ❤
  • yweight2020
    fittocycle wrote: »
    I"m so sorry that you and your mom got sick. You did your best to protect each other so please don't blame yourself. I hope you have a mild case and recover quickly and your mom recovery goes smoothly. I'll be sure to add you both to my prayers. Take care!

Thank you for your prayers and well wishes, were on the mend.🤗❤
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,971 Member
    edited January 2021
    Sorry u caught it but u somehow lapsed in taking the necessary precautions to prevent it.

That DOES NOT make it ur fault and I'm in NO WAY trying the blame the "victim" but this is an insidious disease that's far most infectious and debilitating than the common flu, wc has all but disappeared w/ the C19 precautions.

I have not gotten C19 "YET" despite going to the PO, grocery store, gas station and other places regularly.

This doesn't mean that I still can't get it but I'm doing what I can 2 to prevent it by wearing an N99 equiv mask, social distancing and not touching my face w/o washing my hands or distenfecting them w/IPA 1st.

Really not much else that u can do and even if u get vaccinated u still have at least a 5% chance if catching it, even if u still wear a mask, socially distance and wash/disinfect ur hands.

Sorry 2 say, it is what it is.

Good luck and I hope that u and your mother get well soon!

• Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    msalicia07 wrote: »
    Prayers of support for you and your mom. This pandemic is maddening ... the media and political blitz make you think if you wear your mask and do exactly what they say.. you won't get it. Not true.. most people who get it are mask wearers and do their very best .as you did. It is a virus that is random and unpredictable.

Take your vitamin C, your zinc...and vitamin d3... if you don' have it.. sign up for instacart and have it delivered from one of your drug stores. You can also have your groceries delivered by them as well.

The hospitals are much better at the treatments now.. so. your mom getting COVID at this time, means the best treatments/theraputics are now available and doctors know more of what they're doing. That wasn't the case six months ago. ]

Stay positive.. take care of yourself.. I know of 11 people.. including a 99 year old and an obese woman with diabetes who recovered from the virus.

My husband is in respiratory. We’ve moved 3 times so he can teach high risk areas and hospitals about the virus and how to use the newest ventilators. I usually don’t comment on posts like this, but your comment is not only incorrect but irresponsible. I know you mean well, and I’ve enjoyed your posts so far that I’ve seen, but please don’t continue to spread this myth. He is working diligently to correct this type of misinformation.

Hi what did you feel was misinformation, its true most mask were recommended to wear don't work unless there n95 or kn95 or something similar. And we can't go wrong taking vitamins in my doctors opinion.

And the media does share alot of mis information.

And the hospitals do have it better together than In the beginning, some more than others.

If you know something we should know please share.

My mom did get an approved drug for covid, along with pain meds, o2 and IV fluids along with her regular meds.

Let's help and support one another, thanks. 😉❤🤗

Masks work, even if not n95. Masks are not 100 percent, but they do help reduce risk. That is the misinformation in the post.

I actually haven't seen any stories that say that if you wear masks and social distance, you won't get it. Most things I've seen have discussed lowering risk.