Reasons you can't sleep

2»

Replies

• stevehenderson776
    stevehenderson776 Posts: 324 Member
    A battalion of marines keep blaring Van Halen songs outside of my compound.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,060 Member
    17 years of swing shifts
  • scratchmyTwitch
    scratchmyTwitch Posts: 218 Member
    A battalion of marines keep blaring Van Halen songs outside of my compound.

PANAMA
  • Kindhearts30
    Kindhearts30 Posts: 1,723 Member
    My head hurts to bad... i'm healing from surgery
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    ythannah wrote: »
    Menopause. Blankets off, blankets on, blankets off, blankets on ALL FREAKING NIGHT.

This! ⤴️
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    I did something bad.
  • woollenmonarch
    woollenmonarch Posts: 152 Member
    Manopause
  • stevehenderson776
    Too many rye and cokes.
  • AndreaTamira
    AndreaTamira Posts: 272 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    My wife. I'm an early to bed person...usually 9 or 9:30 to read a bit and fall asleep. My wife likes to stay up watching TV and most often will doze off on the couch. She usually wakes up sometime around 1 or 1:30 but still has to do her night time stuff like get the makeup off, contacts out, brush teeth, etc...I keep telling her she should do that when I'm going to bed so she can just crawl in and not wake me up. It's about 50/50 if she wakes me up or not...but I have a really hard time getting back to sleep if she does.

I have no idea what the appeal is of staying up watching TV when you're tired and you know you're going to nod off in about 20 minutes...but that's her thang...

My partner tend to stay up forever, too. And, vn though he does just climbing be ithmehe still waes me up. I ge comes to be early he starts snoring before I manage to fall asleep.

Then there is my cat.He's an awesome,cute cat, but he often cannot make up his mind about if he should sleep in the bedroom or not. And if he wants to get outside he scratches my bed!- Also, if he decides to stay in the room he a) will find a place on my side of the bed that seriously restricts my movement, and b) still want out of the room at 5am.

Sometimes I cannot sleep because my mind is racing with thoughts I have problems switching off, too. Or because I am exited about something the next day, or because I know I will have to get up early and somehow that seems to mean my body decides not to sleep at all, then. .. But those things aren't constants. My cat and my partner are.
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Not tired and enjoying the me time.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    edited January 2021
    Every night my mind races as I ponder these issues:

Is there an afterlife ? If so, are evil people punished there ? Are the good rewarded ?
    Is God a micromanager, or more of a big-picture guy ?

What is the true meaning of life ?
    ... and am I living it to my full potential ? Will my great-great grandchildren know anything about me ? (probably not)

Why does terrible, horrific things happen to wonderful people ? How will the end of humanity occur ? Will it be once cataclysmic event or a slow demise ? As a species, will we escape this planet and continue our existence in other parts of the galaxy (or universe) ?

In 100 years (give or take) there will be all new people, will they think like us ? Will they have our values ?
    Will they have learned nothing from history ? Have we learned nothing from history ?

• Pencil_legs
    Pencil_legs Posts: 75 Member
    Don't want the day to end...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,452 Member
    Cause I'm horny.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • woollenmonarch
    woollenmonarch Posts: 152 Member
    Dark matter
  • mjwilson0246
    mjwilson0246 Posts: 12 Member
    1 yr old won’t sleep in her own bed! 🙁
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    I often lie in bed, staring at the ceiling, thinking:

Why does God hate Cleveland ?
  • stevehenderson776
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I often lie in bed, staring at the ceiling, thinking:

Why does God hate Cleveland ?

Could be worse. Could be Detroit.
  • KLoGetsHealthy
    KLoGetsHealthy Posts: 272 Member
    I’m in college online and I have four classes worth of work I need to do and I work all day. 🙃 but I also have procrastination issues.