Struggling

Options
hackern
hackern Posts: 1 Member
Been trying to lose weight for a few weeks now. It has been something I’ve wanted to do for a while now, but even after working out every day and cutting back my calories and watching what I was eating the scale isn’t doing anything. If anything it’s going the wrong direction. I could really use encouragement right now.

Replies

• shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    If the exercise is new you are probably just replacing fat with muscle. How are your clothes fitting? You should start seeing the scale move in another week or two.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    nnnaq5rggu08.jpg
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    hackern wrote: »
    Been trying to lose weight for a few weeks now. It has been something I’ve wanted to do for a while now, but even after working out every day and cutting back my calories and watching what I was eating the scale isn’t doing anything. If anything it’s going the wrong direction. I could really use encouragement right now.

When you say watching what you are eating, does that mean you are weighing and logging all of your food?

If you haven’t seen any movement after several weeks, you are not eating at a deficit. Fat cannot be replaced by muscle, that is not a thing first of all, and second, muscle growth while eating at a deficit is slow, and won’t stop the scale moving in any case. Muscles aren’t magic, they are made from food like all the other parts of your body, and when you take in less than you expend it still comes off on the scale.

What can temporarily cause confusion is water weight gain due to new exercise which can conceal that you are actually losing fat. However, if it’s been more than “a few” weeks, you should really be seeing something on the scale by now.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,549 Member
    Options
    It always takes me at least a month to see any noticeable change. Keep doing what you are doing and trust the process.
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    If you uust started a workout routine you may have water retention give it a little more time

LORD JESUS guide