JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    @mytime6630 HUGS to you! I'm so glad your daughter is safe. That is scary and you sure don't need the stress right now. Good luck with the IRS. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get it straightened out! xxoo

Thanks .. and so good to see you back posting! I was afraid we lost you!
  • mytime6630
    @mytime6630 - that all sounds so hard! I'm glad your daughter is okay, and I hope your tax situation gets sorted out. I had a heck of a time getting my tax refund from the IRS for 2019 due to filing as a widower - I was not particularly impressed with the IRS based on my experience.

"Food just makes me feel worse, not better" - I'm trying to really embrace this as well, as someone who is an emotional/comfort eater.

Yes .. I am not fond of the government at all. They changed the website, and everything is done online. I like "paper". Its so easy to make a mistake, and then impossible to get it corrected!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,932 Member
    ❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️
    ❄️⛄️JANUARY ⛄️❄️
    ❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️

January 2021
    🔹Word - Balance
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    January 2021
    Life Affirmations

🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • Height: 5'2"
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 Sept 2015
    • UGW: 145
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    [*] 1 Jan: 147.2
    [*] 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    [*] Total weight loss: 82

January Daily Goals: Week 2
    Fri: ✅ Sat: ✅ Sun: ✅ Mon: ✅
    Tue: ✅ Wed: ✅ Thu: ✅
    1. Weight < 150: ✅7/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: ✅ 29.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2[/s] 23.4
    3. Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.1
    4. Calories in the green ✅ 7/7
    5. Steps > 7500 ✅ 7/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅ 7/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily 7 6/7
    Positive intentions for Thu 14
    Positive intentions for Fri 15:
    • Meditation ✅
    • Daily Yoga/tai chi practice
    • Outdoor walk
    • Laundry✅
    • continue work on Hobbies room clear out
    • Daily Chores ✅
    • Fishmonger
    • Puzzles: Watch TV:
    • Ch 2 'Travels with Charlie, John Steinbeck ongoing✅
    • Keep up to date with email ✅

Terri 🦄

• TerriRichardson112
    @PackerFanInGB Good to see you posting again.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,689 Member
    JFT - Thursday Jan 14
    Scale 199.6
    1L of water - 🙂
    Log all food - 😟

JFT - Friday Jan 15
    Scale 198.4
    1L of water
    Log all food

@WellingTX - I quit smoking in 2009 and it was easier than losing weight.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 920 Member
    @mytime6630 thank goodness for smoke detectors! Candles can be so dangerous.

@PackerFanInGB I like your "5 Why's". I could steal it almost word for word lol. Health becomes so important as we get older.

JFT Friday 15th Jan

Log everything everything apart from a small snack after I'd logged off. I need to stop doing that.
    Stay in the green I was when I logged off, a few calories over in reality
    Admin not much, but did get moving and do a few other jobs
    Back exercises one lot
    Grocery shopping, chemist yes
    Walk? yes, walked to chemist, was out for 55 minutes but queuing took quite a while

JFT Saturday 16th Jan

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Admin
    Back exercises
    Walk

Now that we are back in lockdown and I can't eat with family it should be easier to stay in the green at the weekends. No takeaways :)

Word for 2021 Strength
    I have been using my small weights to try and increase the strength in my non dominant arm. Last night I held the two 3kg weights and thought wow I've lost more weight than this. I wouldn't like to carry these weights around all day! I recommend lifting something equal to the weight you've lost, it's inspiring to keep going :)

Lose 21lbs in 2021

• WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Good day on Friday

For Friday:

-Grateful my struggles are with food and not other issues. While I believe most things are in my control, I also believe that there are people who try as they may simply can't control themselves. The person who can't have a single drink without going off the rails, the person who gambles their family's savings away, the person who tries drugs one time and winds up dead years later. I lost a good friend who had a great job and family who lost it all, ending up passing away at 40. I'm thankful that my issues are pizza not alcohol, drugs, infidelity or gambling and that I'm developing the self discipline to manage my challenges.
    -1800 calories and work to get the weekly average under 1900: 1758 and making progress on the weekly average
    -Work out for 80 minutes: 84 minutes including a 45 minute, 2.37 mile outside walk in the falling snow
    -Eat between 8 and 6: Done
    -Eat dinner at the table: Done
    -Invest 15 minutes in professional development: Podcast on walk
    -Invest 30 minutes on home duties: Grocery run day
    -Don't scroll newsfeeds when I go to bed: Meh

For Saturday:

-I'm grateful for the overnight fallen snow. Everything is clean, bright. Nice to have real seasons.
    -1850 calories:
    -Work out for 80 minutes:
    -Eat between 8 and 6:
    -Eat dinner at table:
    -Invest 15 minutes in professional development:
    -Invest 30 minutes on home duties:
    -Read in bed:

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Saturday 16 December

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh 😊 trend ↔️ I’m not making progress - I’m probably eating close to maintenance, over-estimating exercise calories, not logging accurately enough and I don’t feel motivated to make improvements 👿
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    @mytime6630. Sending you hugs, Im glad your daughter is safe and hope they are no long term difficulties with her apartment and your taxes.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Saturday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Tea!
    2. Organize desk. Shoot P&P video.
    3. Unload/reload/run dishwasher. Set 2 of lifts.
    4. Lunch: Shrimp bowls. Buy Hood Feminism and New Jim Crow?
    5. Stretch. Philosophy of ed. Script for "Clunkers" video.
    6. Afternoon: Run - 3 miles?
    7. Evening: S&F 4. Dinner: Soup. Breathe. Set 2 of lifts.
    8. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash. Pester S about sending emails for characters.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    Today: 188.0

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. I didn't do this last night, but it was a VERY full day.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    My goal today is water -- 96 ounces. I am feeling so toxic and polluted and I just want to clean everything out.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,264 Member

JFT Friday
    -Work by 8:00 :( 8:45
    - Shake for breakfast :smiley:
    - Log Food ✅
    - Stay green✅

WFY: Forgiveness (self)

Didn’t feel 100% yesterday, just no appetite and no energy. Could just be sadness for my friend, could still be the Leftover Chinese I ate Thursday... Either way I’ll deal with it. I did suffer through 30 min on the bike yesterday. Mentally I just want into it, but I didn’t stop. Proud of me for that. Now on to today.

JFT Saturday
    - shower and such
    - Go shopping for a few things for hubby’s birthday tomorrow
    - Log everything
    - Stay green
    - At least 30min on the bike
    - Bed by 11:30

Word for the year: Forgiveness (self)

Have a great day! Love y’all!

• HealthyTrent
    HealthyTrent Posts: 157 Member
    2021 Goals
    Walk or Jog 1000 miles - (at 40.75/1000)
    consistently track my eating and activity (Logged 15/15 days so far)
    Weight from 230.9 12/31/2020 to 190-200 lbs. by 3/31/2021 (currently 226.2)
    undergo IVF (will continue trying to lose weight until I conceive)

Recap JFT Friday 1/15 - did meal planning for the next week, went grocery shopping. I have lots of fresh veggies!
    Drink 100+ oz (Don't think I hit this - didn't keep track!)
    10k steps (DONE!)
    Walk at lunch at least 15 min Didn't get this in
    Go to bed at 10:30pm, wake up at 6:30am, walk for 30 min 1st thing in the morning 11:00pm/8:30am - I did walk 30 min. 1st thing, so I'll take it as a win!
    Log food/activity (DONE!)
    Burn 2500, eat 1200, deficit 1300 Burned 2500/Ate 1600/Deficit 900 - I'm okay with this given that I still got 10k steps in despite doing a double blood donation yesterday.

JFT Saturday 1/16
    Get my work stuff done before noon
    Make Seitan for this upcoming week's meals
    Finish the audiobook I've been listening to, start next one
    Walk outside in the early afternoon
    Log food/activity
    Drink 100+ oz
    Burn 3100, eat 1400, deficit 1700
  • mytime6630

JFt, Friday
    1. log all food
    2. go for walk .. .. its cold and snowing, but try and go anyhow, as long as snow does not stick and slippery
    3. drink water
    4. brush teeth at 8 .. no more eating!
    5. read simple abundance

A much better day. I still have not resolved the tax issue ... they still show us owing a bunch .. and now a $681 penalty and $42 in interest! Hoping by next week to talk to a real person. going to try and not stress about it.

But I drank a lot of water last nite .. so did not give into snacking.

JFT, Sat
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. mindful eating
    4. read simple abundance
    5. work on quilt borders
    6. plan flower planting schedule. This year, I "winter sowed" 21 milk jugs outside with flower seeds .. and going to attempt to do indoor seeds!
    7. clean house
    8. relax
    9. brush teeth at 8 -- no more eating

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member
    Just for Friday (01/15/21)
    • No BS 24H Daily Plan & Assess ⭐
    • Spend 2 minutes writing in my Journal (start small until it is habit). ❌
    • Pre-journal meals and snacks on MFP after 24H plan is made 🟢 Didn't have time, but did have them written down in my 24H Plan, so I'll journal them today.
    • 64+ oz of water ⭐
    • Podcasts: Joyce Meyer / No BS / Half Size Me / Read the Bible in One Year / DB ⭐
    • Pick 3 tasks on my To-Do List and complete. ⭐ Made crockpot full of dog good. Been wanting to try this for my dog since her hair is really dry and should look better. (Husband's jealous because I rarely cook for us! Ha!
      Laundry done. Birthday cards sent out.
    • 30 minutes of low knee impact activity: Leslie Sansone, Body Groove, light hand weights, beginner/chair Yoga, take my buddy for a walk, Tai Chi, treadmill. PICK ONE! ❌
    • Attend No BS Virtual Wine & Vision Board conf. tonight ❌
    • Close kitchen at 7:30 pm - brush & floss and then no eating. ⭐
    • Update and close MFP Food diary. 🟢 Written but not transferred to MFP yet.
    • Evening Routine: Gratitude journal, Readings from JM / SA and Bible. Read something fun and lights out at 10:30. ❌ Ended up going to bed late and didn't want to wake up husband.
    Happy Saturday! I have a lot to get done before the Packer game, so just want to wish you all a fantastic day! :flowerforyou:

Just for Saturday (01/16/21)
    • No BS 24H Daily Plan & Assess ⭐
    • Spend 2 minutes writing in my Journal (start small until it is habit).
    • 64+ oz of water
    • Podcasts: Joyce Meyer / No BS / Half Size Me / Read the Bible in One Year / DB
    • Get ready for J. to get here tonight. Bake, set up guest room and mop floor.
    • Bring K's card to her work
    • Packer game munchies - prep.
    • 30 minutes of low knee impact activity: Leslie Sansone, Body Groove, light hand weights, beginner/chair Yoga, take my buddy for a walk, Tai Chi, treadmill. PICK ONE!
    • Close kitchen at 7:30 pm - brush & floss and then no eating.
    • Update and close MFP Food diary.
    • Evening Routine: Gratitude journal, Readings from JM / SA and Bible. Read something fun and lights out at 10:30.

Mantra 2021: Slow and steady wins the race. Be intentional in your actions.

To-Do's:
    • Pay Bills
    • Adjust Budget for February
    • Birthday Cards for Aidan, Kelly, Terry
    • Shred mom's papers for her
    • Pick up M's "food" ingredients and make a batch
    • Go through clothing in basement - toss / donate / keep
    • Send Matt letter
    • Research self-employment ideas
    • Make Dr appt for knees
    • Upload info for medical ins.
    • Call DWD WUI
    • Mop
    • Dust
    • Laundry
    • Vision Board Live Training on Replay
    • Make vision board

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 920 Member

JFT Saturday 16th Jan

Log everything yes, until evening
    Stay in the green I was, until I had a snack in the evening
    Admin It's done!
    Back exercises one set
    Walk 35 minutes

I'm annoyed with myself for logging everything all day, then having a snack in the evening. It's never very much, but just enough to push me into the red, still under maintenance. But the scales aren't shifting so I need to stop. It's very much a comfort eating thing.

JFT Sunday 17th Jan

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Admin - annual tidy up
    Back exercises
    Walk? Back is painful today

Word for 2021 Strength

Lose 21lbs in 2021

• TerriRichardson112
    ❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️
    ❄️⛄️JANUARY ⛄️❄️
    ❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️

January 2021
    🔹Word - Balance
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    January 2021
    Life Affirmations

🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • Height: 5'2"
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 Sept 2015
    • UGW: 145
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    [*] 1 Jan: 147.2
    [*] 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    [*] 15 Jan: 145.2
    [*] Total weight loss: 81

January Daily Goals: Week 3
    Fri: ✅ Sat: ✅ Sun: Mon:
    Tue: Wed: Thu:
    1. Weight < 150: ✅2/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: ✅ 29.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2[/s] 23.4
    3. Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.1
    4. Calories in the green ✅ 2/7
    5. Steps > 7500 ✅ 2/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅ 2/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily ✅ 2/7
    Positive intentions for Fri 15/Sat 16
    Positive intentions for Sat 17:
    • Meditation
    • Daily Yoga/tai chi practice
    • Outdoor walk
    • Laundry✅
    • continue work on Hobbies room clear out
    • Daily Chores
    • Family Skype
    • Puzzles: Watch TV:
    • Ch 2 'Travels with Charlie, John Steinbeck ongoing
    • Keep up to date with email ✅

Terri 🦄
      I’m hanging in there. Life has developed a rhythm. There are more ups than downs, so can’t complain.

Actively pursue joyful moments
      to keep the spirits high,
      and avoid the January blues.

Spring bulbs are springing forth.
      Garden birds are courting.
      Daylight hours are lengthening.
      Leaf buds are burgeoning.
      The cycle of nature never stops.