• xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    xX_phoenixrising_Xx
    Week 3 weigh in
    Day: Sunday
    PW 246.6 (111.9 kg)
    CW 245.5 (111.4 kg)
    LTD 93.9 (42.6 kg)

This past week my goal was to get out of bed at 5.45am every morning before work and get in a spin session. Mission accomplished.

I also kept going with my lifting session, in a 3 days on, 1 day off pattern. Wound up moving one session because I wasn't feeling up to it, but I am happy that I listened to my body.

I'm also focusing on getting enough sleep, and going to bed by 9.30pm. Not leaving a lot of time to post in here given 2x day training and work. But I've just read through over 100 posts and am cheering you all on!

It's been stupid hot and humid here, have been struggling to find cool enough clothes, particularly for exercise. I have this thing about my legs, and I don't like to show my calves. Very much a pear shape with big legs. But today I though eff it and bought myself some shorts. I have genuine body dismorphia - I was amazed that I got Nike shorts that fit me, although logically I know I'm not the size I used to be where nothing fit me. I'm not likely to wear them in public, but they were awesome during the lifting session I just finished.

I have tomorrow off work, so I plan to go for a nice long walk along the coastline, and probably do a bit of thrift shopping. Haven't done that in awhile and I like hunting for treasure.

Oh, food has also been on track and water is ++++ because it's so hot. I feel like a fish 🐟

I'll try to check in before the next 100 posts!
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 425 Member
    edited January 2021
    Debbie Sharpe
    MFP starting weight - 173
    last week 129.8
    Current weight 130

Sunday – 17,473
    Monday –15,637
    Tuesday – 20,341
    Wednesday – 14,463
    Thursday –21,621
    Friday –20,346
    Saturday –11,077

Well, not sure why I gained! I was below my goal every day, drank more water each day and certainly walked enough. I have also started doing strength training on a regular basis as well. I use light weights and usually do a you tube video or a silver sneakers video for about 30 minutes a day.

I guess I need to get back to my 2021 plan and put myself back into serious "DIET MODE."
    My goal is to be back at 127 by the end of January. We are halfway through so I better get to work.
    I will KEEP ON KEEPING ON..................................

• annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,193 Member
    Pw 123
    CW 123
    Steps
    Sun 14,5067
    Mon 11,317
    Tue 3,561
    Wed 10,041
    Th 5,648
    Fr1 4,777
    Sat 13,405
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    Debbie Sharpe
    MFP starting weight - 173
    last week 129.8
    Current weight 130

Sunday – 17,473
    Monday –15,637
    Tuesday – 20,341
    Wednesday – 14,463
    Thursday –21,621
    Friday –20,346
    Saturday –11,077

Well, not sure why I gained! I was below my goal every day, drank more water each day and certainly walked enough. I have also started doing strength training on a regular basis as well. I use light weights and usually do a you tube video or a silver sneakers video for about 30 minutes a day.

I guess I need to get back to my 2021 plan and put myself back into serious "DIET MODE."
    My goal is to be back at 127 by the end of January. We are halfway through so I better get to work.
    I will KEEP ON KEEPING ON..................................

That's barely a gain...
  • melaniedscott
    edited January 2021
    podperson1 wrote: »
    ...I'm making a veggie sausage casserole type thing tonight that I will probably make a big batch of and freeze. It's basically veggie sausages, garlic, onion, peppers, cook them all in a pan, add tin of chopped toms, tin of mixed beans, bit of paprika and simmer for maybe 5 mins. Really quick and easy but tastes nom :) I'm a very lazy cook so can't be bothered with anything too complicated :)

This sounds nice...when you say a tin of mixed beans...like green beans, wax beans an yellow beans (three bean salad style) or black beans, kidney beans...etc? I've never seen a mixture of bean-beans in the states...but it sounds intriguing. Of course, you said garlic, onion and peppers so I'm automatically in.

@melaniedscott I've seen a can of mixed beans in Canada called mixed bean salad but they're kidney, navy, pinto, and chickpeas. People used to make an oil and vinegar dressing and bring them to pot lucks and picnics. Now I'm curious too.

Going to the grocery today. I'll look. I look at beans a lot, as I cook with them frequently (black bean burritos and polska and bean soup, which we will eat for several days, in the past week). I can't imagine I've missed them all this time.
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    Rachelrjh
    Sw:198 lbs
    Pw:192
    Cw: 190

I’m hoping to keep the momentum going...approximately 3 lb/wk weight loss until I reach my goal of 180 lbs.
    I ordered a Fitbit to motivate me to get more steps in. Can’t wait for it to get here next week.
    It would be cool if I reached my 180 lb weight goal by the first week of February. After that I’m changing my goal weight to 170 pounds, and I’m giving myself 5-6 weeks to go from 180 to 170. From there I’ll keep going down in ten pound increments. I like using this BMI chart to help me set goals:

pmdpvf78jn0l.jpeg

• podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Hi all,

@melaniedscott - strange, I would have thought mixed beans were a fairly universal thing, just goes to show! I agree, I constantly end up wanting say black beans and kidney beans in something and then end up stuck with half a tin of each :( You also used to be able to get the smaller half-sized tins but they seem to have phased those out.

@minstrelofsarcasm - I love noodles but don't think have tried the shirataki ones, I'm sometimes a little wary of super low carb versions of things as they often just taste the same lol!

@kirsten11872 and @goingape - fab losses <3

@1theresamcvean - yeah, I shall try and be happy with 'not going up' - I feel like until I get back to where I was at my best point last year though that I'm just playing 'catch up' *sighs* ah well!

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - wow, that's some hardcore workout motivation this week - go you! I feel you on the struggling to see your body in a positive way, I don't think I've worn shorts in like 20 years. Though I do live in Scotland and we had snow this week :D

@debbiewsharpe - I agree, that's hardly a gain. Also if you're doing more weights and strength training then possibly you're building a bit of muscle and 'leaning up' rather than straight up losing? Might be worth doing measurements as well to get a better idea x

Bit of a lazy Sunday today. On track for calories so far, but it's early yet lol! I was going to attempt a decent walk but it's absolutely freezing out so I might try and motivate myself to do an online workout instead. Hope everyone's having a good weekend x
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)

2yfoux6awc4u.png
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 570 Member
    User ID: CassieGetsFit2013
    Week Number: Week 3
    Previous weight: 217
    Current weight: 217.2

TOM was here...😒 Struggling with several things, but still trying...🥺
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    Steps..

Sun- 10 002
    Mon- 6,786
    Tues- 11,679
    Wed- 11,078
    Thurs- 10 979
    Fri- 8,485
    Sat- 2,507
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    eak84jobmc2l.jpg
    i886ziqk3xhu.png
    7i7wa57lu6cm.png
    7qnp86v99jlz.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    5rs518zquffy.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    vbpb9fr544yg.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @lindamtuck2018 3.56 %
    2nd @Kali225 3.33%
    3rd @TheMrWobbly 2.72 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @lindamtuck2018 8.2 Lbs
    2nd @Kali225 6.3 Lbs
    3rd @TheMrWobbly 6.0 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @curvycalorie
    @carriestrine
    @Fat2Fit_Kat
    @Sripalbhansali
    @SMcFall0215
    @kandi3570
    @363days
    @ireadlabelsdammit
    @davidji82

1vreb6vft073.png

• lemonaid7
    lemonaid7 Posts: 156 Member
    Lemonaid7
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 190.3
    CW (Current Weight): 191.2
  • mainebeachbum
    mainebeachbum Posts: 385 Member
    Username: mainebeachbum
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 236.5 lbs
    CW (Current Weight): 232.0 lbs
  • podperson1
    Hi all,

@CassieGetsFit2013 - that's barely a gain and am sure it's all down to TOM (I fluctate a silly amount that week!). Hang in there, 'still trying' is half the battle x

@mainebeachbum - that's a fab loss, go you :)

So, pretty good day yesterday. Is freezing cold here and am feeling a bit stuffed up, so ended up being a lazy day with the heater turned up. Stayed on track calorie-wise - had leftover sausage and bean casserole thing with garlicy potatoes for dinner, less than 500 cals, really nommy and was totally stuffed afterwards lol.

Started a new 21 Day Pilates Challenge this morning. Was only about 20 mins but feeling quite good and 'stretched' after it :D Just need to try and stick with it now, I'm terrible for giving up on challenges halfway through.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    edited January 2021

The more regular strength training could be the reason for your, albeit small, gain. Any additional stress on your muscles that your body has not acclimated to quite yet can lead to water retention. Being under your calories every day could also have slowed your metabolism a bit, but I don't have enough information to determine if that has happened quite yet. Let's just see how your weight looks through the next week - I'm sure things will go back to normal in no time!

rachelrjh wrote: »
    I’m hoping to keep the momentum going...approximately 3 lb/wk weight loss until I reach my goal of 180 lbs.

3 lb/wk? I'm a little worried that's a bit too aggressive, especially below 200lbs. It's possible, of course, but I don't know how sustainable that would be. Are you planning to hold that momentum all the way down to your "final" goal weight?

TOM was here...😒 Struggling with several things, but still trying...🥺

Trying is the best thing you can do! Weight tends to fluctuate as we move through the week, even without TOM, and 0.2 lbs can easily be blamed on water retention, bloat, food still being processed in your body... I'll consider this week a successful maintain!

PS: Go drink some water :wink:

Stayed on track calorie-wise - had leftover sausage and bean casserole thing with garlicy potatoes for dinner, less than 500 cals, really nommy and was totally stuffed afterwards lol.

Started a new 21 Day Pilates Challenge this morning. Was only about 20 mins but feeling quite good and 'stretched' after it :D Just need to try and stick with it now, I'm terrible for giving up on challenges halfway through.

Oooh, garlicky potatoes sound so good right now... I'm a sucker for garlic. Do you have a recipe for the casserole thing? I have a bunch of red potatoes I need to turn into something before they turn themselves into a potato farm on my countertop.

Remember how good you feel after a workout! That's what keeps me going back. Chasing that adrenaline high is a major part of staying on track (at least, it is for me)
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    edited January 2021
    ~~ Happy Monday, Team WeightNoMore!!! ~~

This past week, we've had some fantastic losses, nearing half a percent lost (23.2 lbs!) across our collective bodyweight, and that's an achievement within itself!

As we enter this third week of January, there are a few things I'd like you to keep in mind:
    • One week, one day, one incident, is not indicative of who you are or what you are capable of
    • Dehydration can often disguise itself as hunger - hydrate before you die-drate!
    • Your body can only respond to what you put into it, and what you do with it, NOT how you feel about it - there is absolutely no benefit to feeling bad about your body
    • Sometimes the smallest of changes can make the biggest of differences
    • Even if you are feeling lonely, you are not alone :heart:

e4dec1c9f427574ac4483f1073ec6c6d.jpg

~~ Step Challenge ~~

As of the statistics at 8:42 AM EST, the eight participants in the challenge this week had walked a combined 531,213 steps, an average of 59,024 steps per person (8,432 steps per person each day!).

Our top stepper was...

She walked an impressive 120,958 steps this past week - an average of over 17,000 steps every day! I can't even imagine how strong your calves are.

Our super steppers, with over 60,000 steps this week:

Our other step challenge participants, with over 30,000 steps this week each:

Honestly, just looking at these numbers is making my legs hurt - can't even imagine actually walking that much, especially given how chilly it's gotten outside near me. I'm so impressed by all of you!
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    @minstrelofsarcasm
    Hi,
    I was hoping to get down to 180 pounds and then change my calorie input to only lose 2 pounds per week. I know that the recommended amount to lose is 1 to 2 pounds per week. Anymore than that, then a person could gain it all back and plus some.
    I think I’ve been averaging 3lbs/wk loss because I started working out 3 d/wk, I track 1200 calories (low carb) diet and I try to fast at least 14 hours per day. I’m on a roll, and my goal it to be at 180 pounds by Feb. 6th. 180 pounds (BMI index) is a much healthier weight for me. I’m sure my doc would be fine with my plan since she’s been telling me to exercise and eat healthier for over two years now.

I know I weighed in yesterday, but to be fair I’m actually at 189 pounds not 190 pounds for week 3, Sunday weigh in.
  • melaniedscott
    Hi all,

@melaniedscott - strange, I would have thought mixed beans were a fairly universal thing, just goes to show! I agree, I constantly end up wanting say black beans and kidney beans in something and then end up stuck with half a tin of each :( You also used to be able to get the smaller half-sized tins but they seem to have phased those out.

No love. Only 3 bean salad (green beans, wax beans, kidney beans). I thought for half a second that I saw some half size cans...but they were fat and short...14.5 oz, which is only maybe an oz less...I'll just have to have leftovers. Sigh...so against my will...😂

• podperson1
    @melaniedscott - I can't stand green beans and genuinely have no idea what 'wax beans' are - they don't sound tasty lol! Our tinned stuff usually comes in grams so the normal size tin here is 400g, which I think is the same as your 14oz size, but you can get some things in 200g tins, so half size - just not usually the stuff I want :D
    But yes, leftovers it is!
This discussion has been closed.