You can do this!!

Hey y'all. I just want to post something giving good motivation. I started my diet on Jan. 1st as a new years resolution and I've already lost 5 lbs. I still have a ways to go. to get to my goal but I'm having an excellent start. I just want to say i support you all and your journeys. Good luck. You can do this and so can I. !!!

Replies

• RunDMC2021
    RunDMC2021 Posts: 137 Member
    I just started MFP on Monday January 10th so am also very new to this!
    Thanks for the inspirational words as ...I had a bad couple of days and binged on Friday and Saturday - Already!!!!
    I don't want to give up though.
    It was a good week in terms of adhering to the daily caloric intake - I actually find that I don't eat as much as I should be🤔
    Plus I got out walking at brisk pace 3 - 4 times this week too, for 30 to 45 minutes which helped with my mood!!
    This may sound strange, but I have this block in my head that I can't or won't lose weight?
    Any advice or insight to how to get rid of this mental block?
    My goal is to take off 20lbs at least. But in all honesty I have never seriously tried to lose weight before as I was in a somewhat"healthy"range with just a few lbs creeping up over the yrs.
    I'm addicted to sweets and have been binging for several yrs now and my weight & health has gotten out of hand😟
    Can I do this!!!!!????
    I'm having a hard time believing I can lose the weight.
    54 yrs old Female
    5'5"
    162lbs as of Monday.