I miss...

Replies

• yasminekassis613
    yasminekassis613 Posts: 268 Member
    Cat0703a wrote: »
    I haven’t given my mama a hug or kiss since last March. She’s super immune compromised. And with working so close with people as a hairdresser, I would hate to put her at risk with contracting covid. I already had a covid scare with a dishonest client which sucked.. But yeah, I miss my mamas touch.. 💕💕

This one weighed heavily on me today. I posted the same thing back in April, I think. Luckily, I made the difficult decision to mask up and give her the biggest hug. Glad I did because I’ll tell you that right now, I’d give anything to be able to do so but I no longer have the ability to.

@yasminekassis613 I hope you get to give her one soon. When you do, hold her tight for all us who can no longer do so.

💕💕💕💕 thank you so much, and for sharing your story! hoping I can soon. It truly is tough.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    having central vacuum in my house. 😕
  • Cyberbartender
    Cyberbartender Posts: 1,319 Member
    I miss spinning...
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,511 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    I miss Miss_Mischievious
    Still. :(

Me too. I keep hoping she'll come back. Does anybody know her outside if here? Is she ok?
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    I miss gathering with my friends and family. Game nights via Zoom are ok, but it's not like being in-person.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    • Being under 200lbs. Haven't managed this since 2012. Being pregnant and then having a child during and under severe stress for nine months changes a person physically, who knew?
    • Galaxy and Magellan. I still see their shadows and hope to hear their mews sometimes. I often mistake Binx and Jonesy for them because even though they distinctly are different kitties, they have similar mannerisms.. almost like a weird form of kitty reincarnation.
    • Doing things like dinner dates with my husband or family, visiting my family members, hanging out in the arcade or watching films in theaters. Due to my husband's job, he is not allowed to engage in anything that could be seen as dangerous to the workplace, so they still have all of us under lock down (have been since June).
    • Certain people. I know they were probably not good for me mentally and they definitely had some toxic traits, but we had good times and its hard to balance the good with the overwhelming bad some days. I still miss them; we were close.
  • honeybee__12
    Waking up full of energy.

Waking up at a reasonable hour.

Waking up without my first thoughts being all the things that are falling apart in my life.

Waking up feeling like I’m young, I’ve got time.
  • honeybee__12
    Talking to people face to face.
    So hard to tell who’s lying when it’s typed.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Right now, this time of gray and cold months, I miss my garden most of all.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    edited January 2021
    Talking to people face to face.
    So hard to tell who’s lying when it’s typed.

I know -- some people their fingers are moving their lying :D
  • my_gatorgirl_8
    my_gatorgirl_8 Posts: 125 Member
    I miss December, 2019 on back before our world changed for the worst.
  • chuckle_bunny
    chuckle_bunny Posts: 496 Member
    Remember when the telephone would ring and you'd get excited? Now I just fear someone's in the hospital and they need my SS# to save them.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Saturday morning cartoons and ridiculous amounts of toast.
  • CaramonM
    CaramonM Posts: 263 Member
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Saturday morning cartoons and ridiculous amounts of toast.

I miss those, too. I would wake up early every day to make sure I got them all (cartoons, not toast).
  • honeybee__12
    Those late night phone calls I used to get. 🥲
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Those late night phone calls I used to get. 🥲

<3<3