What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• NunyaWest
    NunyaWest Posts: 87 Member
    Still easing into working out - did some back today - higher rep rages - Shrugs/Dumbbell Pullovers/Dumbell Rows etc.. went to failure for the first time on Tricep Extensions - I have to think about what to do for a leg workout tomorrow- my generic go to leg workout is - extensions/squats/hamstring curls - will probably do that
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    2 coats of paint on the whole basement.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    4.25mi walk (avg 3.3mph, so still hobbling along a little slow), and 2 x (1k on, 1:30 off) rowing machine, middling intensity at 2:27.1 pace, 22spm, HR max around 75%.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 978 Member
    I did an hour of yoga in the morning.

I climbed for 90 minutes in the afternoon. It was really good - I sent a lot the stuff I tried.

I finished off with finger curls, working up to 60 kgs.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Sunday is swim & run day.

Had an EZ long run on the schedule, so joined a group of friends for a hilly 7 mile trail run. Pretty spot, along a trout stream with feeder creeks, several waterfalls and a covered bridge. We kept a slow pace, including some walking on the steep, muddy sections. Came across a solo hiker who had slipped and was down with what appeared to be a broken ankle. She had called 911, but several in our group stayed with her and others ran the 2miles back to the parking lot to meet the responders. We had two MD's in the group, which helped. Was a stiff reminder of the need to have a safety plan when hiking alone.

Afternoon pool swim was a recovery style effort that focused on Endurance Kick and Pull drills. Used swim toys, (snorkel, paddles, fins, etc) to work on form for an hour. 1500 yds.

Now its couch time, then maybe some gentle yoga tonight.

Rest Day tomorrow. :)
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Back workout(variations of chin-ups/pullups/rows) and some time on the elliptical watching NFL and NHL. The time flew by.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Dumbbell RDLs
    Stability ball leg curls
    Dumbbell bench press
    Dumbbell shoulder press
    Decline bench sit ups
  • jhanleybrown
    jhanleybrown Posts: 240 Member
    I haven’t posted here in ages...but just hit my goal weight after about 15 months. All in lost 25 lbs. although I think I’d like to lose 3 more. But that seems very achievable. My hobby is cycling and I’m trying to get as close to a 3.8~4.0 power/weight. Using cycling as a motivator as I really needed to get weight down to work on cholesterol. I’m riding 150~200 miles per week with some structure (2~3 intense days with VO2/anaerobic work, 2~3 days of low intensity endurance, one active recovery). I ride outside with my riding buddies as much as I can but do Zwift and Trainer road inside. Did powerzone training in the Peloton app for a while but migrated to Zwift/TR last year. I was a D1 lightweight rower in college but that’s 30 years ago...occasionally scull in the summer and am thinking of getting more into that.

I’ve used MFP as a calorie tracker throughout. Although I also used Noom (their tracker sucks but the psychology/lessons were fantastic).

Anyway, I’m super excited that I hit my target.

My workout today is tough 5x5’ at VO2 with 5 min recoveries which I am going to go do now. I don’t know if I will finish this one....it’s hard.
  • Djproulx
    I haven’t posted here in ages...but just hit my goal weight after about 15 months. All in lost 25 lbs. although I think I’d like to lose 3 more. But that seems very achievable. My hobby is cycling and I’m trying to get as close to a 3.8~4.0 power/weight. Using cycling as a motivator as I really needed to get weight down to work on cholesterol. I’m riding 150~200 miles per week with some structure (2~3 intense days with VO2/anaerobic work, 2~3 days of low intensity endurance, one active recovery). I ride outside with my riding buddies as much as I can but do Zwift and Trainer road inside. Did powerzone training in the Peloton app for a while but migrated to Zwift/TR last year. I was a D1 lightweight rower in college but that’s 30 years ago...occasionally scull in the summer and am thinking of getting more into that.

I’ve used MFP as a calorie tracker throughout. Although I also used Noom (their tracker sucks but the psychology/lessons were fantastic).

My workout today is tough 5x5’ at VO2 with 5 min recoveries which I am going to go do now. I don’t know if I will finish this one....it’s hard.

First, congrats on achieving your goal weight!!

I'm just starting back at it myself and your post provides some inspiration. And reaching a 3.8 P/W ratio is huge! Nothing else needs be said to confirm your cycling prowess! You are certainly putting in more saddle time than I am, since I'm following a multisport regimen.

With that said, I'm thinking of spicing up my indoor rides by upgrading to a Wahoo Kickr and giving Zwift a whirl. Right now, I download my coaches workouts from training peaks to my Garmin and just ride to the power numbers prescribed for each session. It's quite effective, but very low on entertainment value. ;) My cycling will get more intense/interesting soon. Planning a Miami-Key West cycling trip in Feb, then "knocking the rust off" by doing a sprint distance tri at the Miami Speedway in March.

Good luck with your VO2 session. That is quite the mental test as well as a physical one.

• jhanleybrown
    jhanleybrown Posts: 240 Member
    edited January 2021
    Djproulx wrote: »

First, congrats on achieving your goal weight!!

I'm just starting back at it myself and your post provides some inspiration. And reaching a 3.8 P/W ratio is huge! Nothing else needs be said to confirm your cycling prowess! You are certainly putting in more saddle time than I am, since I'm following a multisport regimen.

With that said, I'm thinking of spicing up my indoor rides by upgrading to a Wahoo Kickr and giving Zwift a whirl. Right now, I download my coaches workouts from training peaks to my Garmin and just ride to the power numbers prescribed for each session. It's quite effective, but very low on entertainment value. ;) My cycling will get more intense/interesting soon. Planning a Miami-Key West cycling trip in Feb, then "knocking the rust off" by doing a sprint distance tri at the Miami Speedway in March.

Good luck with your VO2 session. That is quite the mental test as well as a physical one.

Hey...I got a Kikr Core for Christmas. I'm really enjoying it and highly recommend it. TR is nice on a smart trainer because you can put it on Erg mode and it auto adjusts power for you. Zwift is really fun in particular for longer indoor rides. I struggled to ride indoors for more than 60 min...but can do 2+ with Zwift...enjoying the group rides...anyway...I strongly recommend it. If you can fit it in your budget...I would go for it.

PS...i only did 3x5' VO2 today...then 30 min of Z2 recovery...oh well. Will do 4x5' next week and work up to 5x5'. I was up for 4 today but had a technical issue during my 3rd recovery which I took as a sign from above to bail the last two intervals. LOL. Gotta be gentle with yourself sometimes....
  • alexmose2
    alexmose2 Posts: 208 Member
    Started at home workouts again. today was upper body and core (CX work). Giving M&S 4day Dumbbell routine a try!
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited January 2021
    In La Jolla this week. Walking around 5 miles a day or so. No rowing or lifting this week.
  • Djproulx
    Hey...I got a Kikr Core for Christmas. I'm really enjoying it and highly recommend it. TR is nice on a smart trainer because you can put it on Erg mode and it auto adjusts power for you. Zwift is really fun in particular for longer indoor rides. I struggled to ride indoors for more than 60 min...but can do 2+ with Zwift...enjoying the group rides...anyway...I strongly recommend it. If you can fit it in your budget...I would go for it.

PS...i only did 3x5' VO2 today...then 30 min of Z2 recovery...oh well. Will do 4x5' next week and work up to 5x5'. I was up for 4 today but had a technical issue during my 3rd recovery which I took as a sign from above to bail the last two intervals. LOL. Gotta be gentle with yourself sometimes....

My coach gets a discount on Wahoo trainers, but he's telling me that supplies are very limited right now. Will see what he finds. I used and liked TR, but that was before I had a power meter. My primary interest in signing up for Zwift is to allow me to ride sections of different Ironman courses on my long ride days. I'm signed up for the Chattanooga race in Sept, so I may ride a few sections of that course this winter.

Good decision to call it after the 3rd VO2 interval. After all, you wouldn't want to corrupt the data. ;)

I'm looking at my first FTP effort tomorrow. Its the "beginner" version that includes two 8 minute max efforts, to be followed by a power profile test on Saturday. My next bike testing in 6-8 weeks will be the full 20 minute FTP effort.... can't wait.

• sportygal1971
    sportygal1971 Posts: 60 Member
    30 min walk
    500m row
    3sets of 21 of:
    Lat pulls
    DB deltoid
    DB shoulder press
    Cable chest
    Cable row
    Seated row
    Assisted pull ups/bar dips
    (Slow day for me)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    1000m machine row at 2:27.9 pace/24 spm and a 168m row-out, as warm-up to do a couple of Silver Sneakers joint mobility self-assessments (spine & shoulder), then one of their bodyweight workouts, which was really more of a standing isometric kind of thing, sort of. Exploring what they have in online video, as I just became eligible.🤷‍♀️

It's really fun seeing those of you report here who're doing a formal structured training program. I don't train in a formal way these days, but it's kinda nostalgically enjoyable watching y'all do it. 🙂
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    60 min's cardio
  • Djproulx
    Benchmark bike test short version done. Test is performed by using rate of perceived exertion,(RPE) not by watching the power meter.

10 min warmup @ 4 RPE
    4 x2 min ramps @ 5 RPE, 6RPE, 7RPE, 5RPE
    3 x (30 sec @ highest cadence possible (125-130rpms), then 30 sec ez spin)
    2min @ 8RPE
    8min @ 5 RPE
    * 8min @ 9 RPE This is Benchmark#1 go as hard as possible, not breathless, but trying not to fade
    10min @ 4RPE
    * 8 Min @ 9RPE This is Benchmark #2, same as above, leaving nothing on the table. :)
    4 min @ 4RPE cooldown

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    edited January 2021
    am:
    Yoga (15m)

Handstand pushup: 2-1-1-1-1
    Pull-up: 6-4-3-2-2
    Ring Dip: 6-4-3-2-2
    Done as a circuit. 5 minutes rest minimum in-between sets

Stomach vacuums: (5r)

pm:
    Pushup: 10-8-6-4-4
    Ring Row: 10-8-6-4-4
    Cossack Squat: 10-8-6-4-4
    Done as a circuit. 5 minutes rest minimum in-between sets
  • alexmose2
    alexmose2 Posts: 208 Member
    Lower body DB workout. Wow im wiped! Still going to hit 10K steps
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    One 2k row, Two 1k rows. 2-3 minute rest in between.