Women 200lb+, Let's Make It Count This January!!!

Replies

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    @emmclean that sounds like a lot of work! There are definitely leveler apps - I hope your phone can help you find a decently flat space in your house. Probably closer to the middle of the room would work better than near a wall, I would think? You might get a piece of flat wood and set your scale on that, so at least all 4 feet of the scale are making good contact with a flat surface.

I did Weight Watchers for about five minutes in middle school with my mom - my clearest memory from the handful of meetings I attended was a lady who discovered her scale read consistently 7 lbs lighter if she weighed herself by her front door vs. in her bathroom where she normally would. She moved her scale for reasons that are now lost to time, and for a couple of weeks in a row she was suddenly gaining 5 lbs in 20 minutes between weighing at home, driving to WW, and weighing in there, and once she figured out what was happening she regaled us all with her cautionary tale.
  • emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    @goal06082021 yep agree about the steering towards the middle of the room. We've got a good size bathroom and adjoining kitchen with flagstone tiles that are just a bit larger than the scale so it fits on one tile nicely, so contact is not a problem, just the angle!
  • MaxCat1000
    MaxCat1000 Posts: 40 Member
    uyister wrote: »
    January 2021 stats

1/16: 249.6lbs - Finally below 250lbs for the first time in over 3 years (I was actually 248.8lbs 2 days ago).

I know how you feel - I am almost there! And it's been about that long I was under 250 as well. I am looking forward to weighing on Friday, for a change!

• uyister
    uyister Posts: 154 Member
    @emmclean The explanation from my doctor was that, drinking water when eating, especially when starting to feel full, causes the water to flush some of the food out of your stomach quicker than it would have left and then you eat more. Being me, I tested it out (because I just cannot take everything on faith) 😐😑🙄especially since I have always drunk water while eating. I did find that when I drank water at least 15mins before or after I ate, I was full after eating a certain amount of food (I measured). But, when I drank water while eating (I ate the same meal and was similarly hungry), I was able to eat more within a few minutes of starting to feel full. What I also noticed, was that when I waited to drink water, I actually stayed full longer, so after eating, I really did not feel like drinking water for 30 minutes or more. So since I know the amount of food that usually fills me up, I measure my plate and make sure I don't have more than that amount for each meal now. Even when having a meal of soup (I love noodles), I usually have half of the meal as the broth as that is why I like noodles, 1/4 of the bowl is the noodles and the rest is my protein to go with it. It has been working for me. I do have to say, I love spicy, and so sometimes, if the heat hits me the wrong way, I take a sip of water, but I do not drink a whole glass or bottle as I would have normally and that has worked out for me. This ended up being longer than I thought it would. 😊
  • uyister
    @MaxCat1000 Yay!! Rooting for you to get below 250lbs soon!!
  • uyister
    @twosteplove Thank you!!

@Spotteddingo I believe that if you have at least 500 calorie deficit 4-5 days out of 7 days, you should expect to see a loss of about 1lb a week or so which is healthy and less likely to come back quickly. I do not think you can go dangerously low on caloric intake as that will become unhealthy and the weight may come back very quickly. I think you can check with your doctor, but, they may just recommend you eat more proteins and veggies, fewer carbs, and exercise more. You can check this estimator out to know how much nutrients you actually need and maybe adjust your calorie goal from there. https://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/dri-calculator/index.php P.s. I accepted your friend request.
  • osier5
    osier5 Posts: 429 Member
    edited January 2021
    @goal06082021 Thank you for the being a voice of reason to counter the panicky/negative self talk about my gain! Your advice was helpful!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    CHECK-IN

SW: 1-5-2021: 219.6
    1-11-2021: 211.2
    1-18-2021: 210

Staying the course taking it one day at a time. I'm doing great with logging, water, fiber and exercising, but I'm still working on getting enough protein. I'm making beans today, which will help with that. The only downfall with the beans is it also gives me fiber, which I don't necesssarily need. Therefore, I will have to drink more water (more bathroom breaks) to ensure I don't get constipated. Probably too much info, but I'm among friends, right? 😁
  • Laughter_Girl
    @summerhaze71 Great goals for Jan! What does the Sea Moss Gel do?
  • JojoInTheForks
    JojoInTheForks Posts: 134 Member
    CHECK-IN
    Start 3/16/2020: 230.7 lbs (104.9 kgs)
    12/21/2020: 148.94 lbs (67.7 kgs)

1/11/2021: 155.1 lbs (70.5 kgs)
    1/18/2021: 144.98 lbs (65.9 kgs)
    1/25/2021:

A long overdue whoosh, maybe last week's weigh-in was water, I'm not sure but today I stepped on and off the scale more than once, so I will take it. I worked hard 6 days last week.

Wahooo!!! Congratulations on this big whooosh!!!!
  • Spotteddingo
    Spotteddingo Posts: 95 Member
    @goal06082021 and @uyister thank you for your insights. Spot on and much appreciated!
  • summerhaze71
    summerhaze71 Posts: 1,204 Member
    @summerhaze71 Great goals for Jan! What does the Sea Moss Gel do?

It has 92 out of the 104 nutrients our body needs. Supposed to help all around with optimum health. I'm currently out and waiting on a shipment. After this shipment, I'll probably order it in a raw form and make my own gel. Lots of information available on the web if you are interested. I just heard about it a few months ago.
  • VickyEltonGreen
    VickyEltonGreen Posts: 116 Member
    edited January 2021
    @emmclean that sounds like a lot of work! There are definitely leveler apps - I hope your phone can help you find a decently flat space in your house. Probably closer to the middle of the room would work better than near a wall, I would think? You might get a piece of flat wood and set your scale on that, so at least all 4 feet of the scale are making good contact with a flat surface.

I did Weight Watchers for about five minutes in middle school with my mom - my clearest memory from the handful of meetings I attended was a lady who discovered her scale read consistently 7 lbs lighter if she weighed herself by her front door vs. in her bathroom where she normally would. She moved her scale for reasons that are now lost to time, and for a couple of weeks in a row she was suddenly gaining 5 lbs in 20 minutes between weighing at home, driving to WW, and weighing in there, and once she figured out what was happening she regaled us all with her cautionary tale.

This made me smile about the weight watcher meeting,
  • VickyEltonGreen
    VickyEltonGreen Posts: 116 Member
    KMC55 wrote: »
    The weekend ended up being a very emotionally charged couple of days with not feeling well on top of it. It went from bad to worse but I know it was emotional eating more than anything else. And of course now I need to deal with the consequences. Feeling better and back at it today. There cannot be any more excuses because that is what last year was, one excuse after another. I know I want this and know that I don't need to be eating they way I have. I need to be happy in the control of what I put in my mouth and find the emotional comfort somewhere else. Put the focus where it needs to be and leave the food alone. Weigh in is Wednesday so lets see if I can turn things around and get at lease a small loss, which would put me much better than I am right now. Happy Monday all.

Thank you for post, glad you are feeling better today, being aware is half the battle, one moment at a time but you are here and that is the most important thing!!!!!
  • Laughter_Girl
    @Xandriad I am so sorry for your loss. You have definitely had your share of challenges, but you must be a real fighter because you're here. Congrats on your weight loss thus far! Your determination is impressive and contagious.