40lbs in 20 Weeks - No Exercise

Options
DupreeTheTRex
DupreeTheTRex Posts: 105 Member
edited January 2021 in Success Stories
Twenty weeks ago I decided I would start to track my calories and attempt to eat at a deficit of 1lbs per week. In the past, I had gone to extremes to lose weight spending hours in the gym every day, and eating very little food. The last time I attempted to lose weight I had dropped 50 lbs in 8 weeks (very unhealthy).

I ignored everyone’s advice to take things slowly and only ended up putting on 120lbs after that journey. For me, dedicating hours of my day to exercising put me in a mental state where I eventually stopped caring. I stopped going to the gym and stopped watching what I was eating and I ended up being punished pretty bad for it.

Two years ago I stopped drinking alcohol for mental health reasons. I saw a little bit of weight loss but not quite what I was expecting. I was still drinking 3-4 energy drinks a day back then and that was also a big problem.

I managed to find a substitute for my energy drinks that only come in at about 15 calories per serving and soon after that I began to count my calories.

Admittedly I had intended to incorporate exercise at some point in my journey but have t got around to doing that yet. But so far I’m happy with the results. I should also mention to anyone who might check my dairy that I haven’t been inputting my dinner lately because I’ve been working overtime. We use a meal kit service and the calories are listed on the bag of ingredients. I usually measure everything out still and put it into a recipe but the printed calories are pretty accurate so I’ve just been leaving enough calories left over to be +\- 50 calories for the day.

My advice? Take things slow, do what works for you. If you go too hard you might end up like me. As a note, my before pictures are with the white phone and after pictures are with black. I haven’t shaved or cut my hair since I started.

Replies

• Sailor555
    Sailor555 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story and congratulations on your success. I'm doing a version of what you did, though in my case I'm exercising a little most days but not too much. (I have a dog who needs walking, so that's 2x/day.) I want to stay active and try to lose about what you did -- 40 lbs or so -- and then see how I feel when it's frankly easier to move my body and I'm motivated by some initial success. Everyone has to walk their own path and see what's right for them. Glad you found what works for you. That's a great accomplishment, you should feel good about it!
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    WTG!!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Nice work..well done!
  • angiesmami1
    angiesmami1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! Great job!
  • backinthesaddleagain57
    Options
    Good for you!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!