Replace your bread

Angela937
Angela937 Posts: 514 Member
m2w7sv4ugdl7.jpeg

Use these to make sandwiches instead of bread or wraps. And its much easier than trying to use lettuce as a wrap!

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    How many calories are they?
  • Angela937
    How many calories are they?

kxh5u73sfc28.jpg
  • Angela937
    saf934k6b114.jpg

There is also this Marble Jack
  • Angela937
    futh8navskqs.jpg
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    I can get 2 slices of bread for 90 calories, plus I get fiber. Flatout wraps are really tastey (note to self, put on shopping list).
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    I love Crystal Farms low-fat mozzarella. Wish I could find it easily in my area. And I would love to try those cheese wraps!
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited January 2021
    I use the flat out wraps too. Plus cheese of choice. I have a cheese planer that slices it very thinly. I like lettuce wraps too. A lot less calories than cheese wraps.
  • thehumanpickle
    thehumanpickle Posts: 42 Member
    I love Joseph's Pita Bread. 60 calories for a pita, 1.5g fat, 270 sodium, 9g carbs with 2g dietary fiber and 6g protein.
  • thehumanpickle
    thehumanpickle Posts: 42 Member
    I've been wanting to try the cheese wraps though! I just haven't seen them locally for a decent price yet.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Theo166 wrote: »
    I'm just very selective about the bread I buy after some training by a nutritionist. She taught me to read the labels and target brands where grams fiber are high and grams sugar are relatively low. It's shocking to read the label on many breads marketed as healthy.

My goto is https://www.daveskillerbread.com/

I am the same like you - type of flour used, fiber, sugar and oil are all important to me
    Not all bread are equal in ingredients and taste

• mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Similarly to @annpt77, we do not need to limit carbs, well, due to preconditions. Yes, to reduce carbs related to weight goals. I've been making 80-90% of our bread for 3 yrs now, and get a much more healthful result for the bread we eat than commercial. Varying between 80-110 cals/slice, depending on variety/etc., and full control of ingredients. If we do buy commercial, I tend to do what @Theo166 does, and go for dave's killer bread, the thin-sliced version. We recently completed a drawn-out 3-month move/downsize where sometimes (often) meals weren't as planned and on-track as we'd like, and I had to resort to commercial breads. Moderation is key, though, even if you can eat it.