****😀😀JANUARY 2021 WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE***😀😀

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,129 Member

Heaviest weight: 175.4 in early 2013.
    Original MFP starting weight (January 2018) - 168.2
    January 1 Starting Weight: - 154.2 (10-day average 152.3)
    January goal - 148
    Ultimate goal - Range between 142 - 148

I report scale weight and (ten day average weight), and I post on Saturdays.

January 2: 152.2 (10-day average 152.6)
    January 9: 155.4 (10-day average 153.9)
    January 16: 154.8 (10-day average 154.7)
    January 23:
    January 30:
    January 31:

Total loss for January: It's actually a two pound gain, and this is now getting really annoying.

• jayersmith
    jayersmith Posts: 20 Member
    January Start Weight:236 lbs
    January Goal Weight:220lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weight:175lbs

Jan1 :236
    Jan 8:225
    Jan 15:227
    Jan 22:
    Jan 29:
    Jan 31:
  • scoutsaysbark
    scoutsaysbark Posts: 5 Member
    January Start Weight: 209.6lbs
    January Goal Weight: 205.00lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 165lbs

Jan1 : 209.6
    Jan 8: 206.3 Issues w/ night snacking. Started to exercise.
    Jan 15:207.8 I'm still exercising, but struggling w/ night eating :neutral:
    Jan 22:
    Jan 29:
    Jan 31:
  • caity_cakes_
    caity_cakes_ Posts: 293 Member
    I definitely agree with @mtaratoot. Even putting a scale on carpet or on wood floor boards can cause the scale to read differently. Try to keep your scale in the exact same spot so that its consistent when you go to weigh yourself each time.

Also, besides weighing your food, make sure you are drinking enough water. Sometimes if you don’t drink enough water you won’t lose weight the same way even if you are under your calorie goal.
  • emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    edited January 2021
    @celticria46 you've lost 10lbs in two weeks, that's a brilliant result! It's good that you're weighing in daily if it suits you to see how you fluctuate day by day. If it's demotivating you maybe weigh in once a week when you're more likely to only see the number go down.

My weight often fluctuates a couple of lbs day to day even if I do everything right. I was 247 yesterday, did aerobic exercise for 30 mins, ate c. 1650 calories and drank plenty of water, this morning I was 248.4. Overall if I keep close to my calorie goal and do at least some light exercise (e.g. walking) then I will lose. You will too, you ARE! :)

And also what @mtaratoot said - I swear there is not ONE level part of my house, I have to take my weight about 20 times and then use the most frequent number, and err on the side of the higher number.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,129 Member
    @celticria46
    Echoing what the others have said, you're doing great. It's a marathon, not a sprint, but it looks to me like you're off to a strong start. In addition to the other suggestions, if you plan on weighing daily I recommend using an app like Libra (Android) or Happy Scale (Apple). They help cut out some of the noise of the day to day fluctuations and show your overall trend. My graph for much of the month looks like I'm bouncing around the same couple pounds, but my trend weight (and graph) keeps going down.

It's not even a marathon. It's not even an ultra-marathon. Because eventually you will be done with one of those. It's not even a destination; it's a journey. There's lots of neat things to see along the way, so be sure to give yourself permission to take that little side trail and check out the sights along the way. But just get back on the path and keep on going. In fact, it may feel like an uphill struggle at times. It is. Just keep going. You might even fall down, but don't quit. Get back up, shake your head, dust yourself off and keep going.

It's that simple.

And it is NOT at ALL easy!

I second what @desolate_angel wrote about trending apps. My personal favorite for now is WeightGrapher. Since I don't have a Fitbit device, I have to go and manually enter my weight in the Fitbit website each day. It's a pain, yeah, but I like their graphs. I probably should go check out Happy Scale.

I gained two pounds between 3:00 and 6:00 this morning. I was thirsty. Twice. I got up each time and had a pint of water. Some of it went away before I got on the scale, but not all. I also had some salty foods yesterday, so that is another reason the scale was up. It's that longer term trend that's more important. Sad to say mine hasn't been the best since October. I know what to do. I just need to do what I just wrote up there. Shake my head, dust myself off, and get back on the trail.