ninerbuff Posts: 48,451 Member
    edited January 2021
    9hzb06d4g13p.jpg
    z0rgw0y1eqab.jpg
    I'll be 57 in a week.
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,720 Member
    Good morning!

Last night for dinner I had a Jimmy John!’s Beach Club sub and chips for dinner. I surprisingly only ate half of the sun and half of the chips. Before I sat down to eat I cut the sub in half, portioned the chips, and put the rest in the refrigerator. Usually I just plow through the whole thing and feel guilty afterwards.

Last night I felt no guilt, I felt satisfied after eating it, and now I have Jimmy John’s for lunch! I also stayed within my calorie goal, too. Oh yeah, I stepped on the scale this morning, and I lost weight.

Success story!

Jill
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,041 Member
    jm216 wrote: »
    Good morning!

Last night for dinner I had a Jimmy John!’s Beach Club sub and chips for dinner. I surprisingly only ate half of the sun and half of the chips. Before I sat down to eat I cut the sub in half, portioned the chips, and put the rest in the refrigerator. Usually I just plow through the whole thing and feel guilty afterwards.

Last night I felt no guilt, I felt satisfied after eating it, and now I have Jimmy John’s for lunch! I also stayed within my calorie goal, too. Oh yeah, I stepped on the scale this morning, and I lost weight.

Success story!

Jill
    Funny how making a conscious decision to eat less results in 1) feeling good and 2) losing weight. Makes me wonder, "Why haven't I always does this?"

And it makes me want to say, "We CAN do this!" :smile:
  • jm216
    1rwn299fcovd.jpeg
  • jm216
    Only one day til check in... feeling good!
  • cpnknight
    cpnknight Posts: 200 Member
    edited January 2021
    For some obscure reason I had it in my head that it was Thursday yesterday and today was Friday....

But it is not Friday, it is SCALES DAY!
    Not good, not good....
    I thought I had another day or so. Oh well, let us unlock the Scaly Beast and receive its judgement!

Weight was 302.2 lbs....Now 301.2 lbs...lost 1 lb.

I am really struggling with this 300 lbs barrier but I will prevail!

Also having a hard time getting my head back into weight loss mode.
    I think this weeks goals are to simply get myself into a routine of eating, exercising etc, instead of the ad-hoc way I am operating at the moment.

Still, bottom line is 1 lb down so Yay me!
  • daydrem_dw
    daydrem_dw Posts: 83 Member
    cpnknight wrote: »
    For some obscure reason I had it in my head that it was Thursday yesterday and today was Friday....

But it is not Friday, it is SCALES DAY!
    Not good, not good....
    I thought I had another day or so. Oh well, let us unlock the Scaly Beast and receive its judgement!

Weight was 302.2 lbs....Now 301.2 lbs...lost 1 lb.

I am really struggling with this 300 lbs barrier but I will prevail!

Also having a hard time getting my head back into weight loss mode.
    I think this weeks goals are to simply get myself into a routine of eating, exercising etc, instead of the ad-hoc way I am operating at the moment.

Still, bottom line is 1 lb down so Yay me!

Down 1 lb is great! Sounds like we may be sabotaging ourselves in a similar way, though. I see a loss on Sunday (or midweek) and do okay but not great for a day or two afterwards, then it's 'by the book' for the final few days. Time to disembark this mini-rollercoaster ride with a steady good, if not great, routine.
  • daydrem_dw
    Sunday Funday

8/12/20: 210 (start weight)
    12/20/20: 189.8
    12/27/20: 187.4
    1/11/21: 186.6
    1/17/21: 184.8

I'm back in full journaling mode (even the lousy choices). Now to smooth out the routine AND get back to daily exercise. I mostly rely on housework, stairs, walks, and yard work but need to make it a focused effort. I catch myself realizing at bedtime that I didn't move nearly as much as I had intended. Time to add stretches and some strength/toning to my days, too.
  • jm216
    Starting weight: 214 pounds on 1/1/2021
    Height: 5’8”
    Goal weight: 184

Weekly Check-In:
    January 1: 214
    January 3: 211.6
    January 10: 209.7
    January 17: 207.6
    January 24:
    January 31:

🌟Lost 2.1 pounds this week!🌟
    This week’s successes:
    ✔️walked Roxie for 30 minutes 4 days this week and 15 minutes for 3 days
    ✔️ Stayed under calorie goal 5 out of 7 days
    ✔️Logging my food as I eat it... the goods don’t the bad

This week’s challenges:
    • Keep the momentum going

7.6 pounds to go til I hit 200.
    Slow and steady!

Jill
  • sportygal1971
    sportygal1971 Posts: 60 Member
    OneLadie wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I was reading so many threads and wanted to pause and join one; this one appeared to catch my interest so here I am :)

I am Michelle, live in NY and will be turning 50 in April, felt like I would never get there but here it is. I am overboard in weight at my highest ever. I had a back surgery prior not even sure how I got that injury but the surgery went extremely well. I lost a good amount of weight was back in the gym with spin class, kickboxing and strength classes then the health crisis. I have gained gained gained and began to lose mobility from being in and not moving. I am now 283 pounds but a few weeks ago began to work out again and walk and I have to say to be so heavy I am no longer out of breath even walking a hill. My body is so use to being active prior sometimes I feel it remembers and it’s trying to come back. I also purchased a spin bike January 2, 2021. Had my cycle shoes from taking spin classes previously so I bought the dual spd pedals. It is AWESOME

1. My long term goal is to get to 150/160
    2. Short term 1-2 pounds per week
    3. Workout 6 days a week 4 spin; 2 to 3 strength
    4. Take walks during work days in the morning or afternoon for relaxation to meditate
    5. Love myself everyday.

I am looking forward to meeting others. Sorry for the long message.

Michelle I turn 50 in May and have prior back injury as well. I am doing 250 miles by my bday on my elliptical as a celebration. (I started that in Dec)
    Getting stronger and fit is my long term goal & if I can get back into boxing shape in year or so I'd be ecstatic!
    Losing weight is a byproduct for me, I want change in body composition. I've always been active but w covid I went from 12000 steps at work, to working at home.
    Add me as a friend if you want. I know I got this, but it is dealing w balance of life and patience
  • azalea4175
    azalea4175 Posts: 290 Member
    @OneLadie @sportygal1971 I am almost 60 and am in a similar position. I have not had surgery but need to have my knee replaced. How do i exercise with a bad knee? i bought an elliptical bike. I know nothing about biking and need to learn, can either of you give me some pointers? you may either of you add me as a friend also if you wish. I want to be healthy and strong, and active. Right now mobility is difficult because of the knee and weight. Working on changing that. You have got this ladies!!

• frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,041 Member
    azalea4175 wrote: »
    @OneLadie @sportygal1971 I am almost 60 and am in a similar position. I have not had surgery but need to have my knee replaced. How do i exercise with a bad knee? i bought an elliptical bike. I know nothing about biking and need to learn, can either of you give me some pointers? you may either of you add me as a friend also if you wish. I want to be healthy and strong, and active. Right now mobility is difficult because of the knee and weight. Working on changing that. You have got this ladies!!
    elliptical bike... Do you mean a stationary recumbent bike?

I am 71. I had my right knee replaced around 5 years ago (my left knee needs replacing too but I'm making do). I was over 100 pounds overweight. Due to having obesity for so many years, my knee cartilage had deteriorated badly. This led to minimal walking, which led to muscle atrophy, which led to severe hip pain in addition to knee pain, whenever I did walk. Walking one block was enough to cause severe burning pain in my hips.

I was able to lose 50 years 5 years ago by swimming. But I gained it all back. I would be swimming now if my gym's indoor pool was available. But I have a recumbent bike and a treadmill at home, so I'm using those now, and I've lost over 50 pounds since last July. At first, I couldn't tolerate the treadmill for more than a few minutes at a time. Now, I can manage 15 minutes.

With a bad knee, you need to find low impact exercises. Swimming is ideal but not an option for most people. I've found riding a recumbent bike to be easy enough. I would also recommend that you do exercises designed to strengthen your hip flexor and related muscles. For example: Best Hip Strengthening Exercises

You may find that as you lose weight, your knees will feel better. I am still 50 pounds overweight, but I no longer feel pain in my left knee like I used to. It's only my hip pain that causes me trouble now, but losing more weight and strengthening my hip muscles should alleviate that.

It takes discipline, determination, and persistence, but you can do it!

• OneLadie
    OneLadie Posts: 3 Member
    @ sportygal1971; @ azelea4175 Thank you ladies for the welcome. I would love to add you all as friends once I figure it out lol.

@frankwbrown thank you for the tips it’s appreciated. And test a stationary bike. I purchased an Echelon Sport Connect. I have to say for the price the bike is super awesome. I was looking at the more expensive ones glad I decided to check this one out after seeing so many great reviews. I have partook in 30 minute spin classes from YouTube which have been fun and challenging and little by little work my way up to the regular 45 minute classes. Just pacing myself little by little and listening to my body.
  • OneLadie
    OneLadie Posts: 3 Member
    @ sportygal1971; @ azelea4175 Thank you ladies for the welcome. I would love to add you all as friends once I figure it out lol.

@frankwbrown thank you for the tips it’s appreciated. And test a stationary bike. I purchased an Echelon Sport Connect. I have to say for the price the bike is super awesome. I was looking at the more expensive ones glad I decided to check this one out after seeing so many great reviews. I have partook in 30 minute spin classes from YouTube which have been fun and challenging and little by little work my way up to the regular 45 minute classes. Just pacing myself little by little and listening to my body.
  • jm216
    I love this group!
    Just wanted to let you all know.
    sjgyox8wav4o.jpeg
  • jm216
    cvoksmr082fa.jpeg
  • jm216
    Happy Friday friends!
    This is a fun overall workout. Gotta love Gina B!
    https://youtu.be/08sz1Vuf5bc
  • daydrem_dw
    jm216 wrote: »
    Happy Friday friends!
    This is a fun overall workout. Gotta love Gina B!
    https://youtu.be/08sz1Vuf5bc

Thank you for sharing! It sounds fun and I think it's something I'd like.

This week, I've initiated a plan to get in extra steps/movement during the day. I have music playing in the background and step/sway/dance while I work at my stand-up desk. It isn't an aerobic workout by any means, and I have to be focused on my work so need to remind myself to start moving again after a call or when I've become engrossed in the task at hand and stopped. It isn't a miracle cure for my habitual inactivity, but it's something. Add the video and dog walking (2x so far this week) and I know I'm on the road to feeling much better about myself.
  • sportygal1971
    sportygal1971 Posts: 60 Member
    azalea4175 wrote: »

Water aerobics is great too. With my broken tibia and messed up knee last Feb, water rehab was great. And the best way to helping knee is nutrition. Less weight, knee happy, better nutrition less inflammation