Serial Starters

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,321 Member
    Good evening,

Came home from work and dropped into sleep. Sup was gone and Lead went awol early so trying to stay awake was actually harder.

Got 6k in today again and back on water pills so things are getting back into a "normal" I remember.

Quick hot food for dinner and tea afterwards - it is chilly tonight.

Maggie !!! Love that face.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,823 Member
    zqyu59ohle2z.jpeg
    *** January 14th ***

Just think y'all: one month from today is Valentine's Day. 💖

My brain is not what it once was, and my planning and organizing are not well-done. Somehow I over-booked myself with appointments and errands today. Getting a covid test is one of those things. Oy! I can't remember where I got the last one; it was in an obscure place the next town over......

Maureen and Maggie - LOVE the doggie photos!!!

Sara - you are doing really well with the walking! Good luck with the water pill. 💪🏻🌟

Waves to all who stop by later on.

Lana

267.8 today
    269.8 highest
    179.0 goal
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Good morning.
    Another dreary day here. But I am not really complaining. It is NOT below zero!
    Not much new here...
    Weighed in - was hoping for the scale to go down some. Feel like I need to flush salt out of my system :)

Have a great Thursday - weekend is right around the corner!

CW 199.2
    HW 207
    Goal 194
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    I’m the closest I’ve been to my goal weight since my 7 year old was born, and I’m already starting to think about how to deal with maintenance (so I stop being a serial starter!). I’m not sure if visualising that time so often is good or bad for me. 🙈😂
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 585 Member
    Hi, folks. Another dreary day here, too, but I got out of a nice jog. Tuesday's run was hard at first, but all of today's run felt pretty easy. I'm sure I'll be dying on Saturday. 1 out of 3 is awful the whole way, 1 is 1/2 hard, and 1 is usually pretty good. I always know after the first mile if it's going to get worse :)

Lana, Valentine's Day--haha. I haven't had a Valentine's Day treat since about 1989. My ex was not into anything remotely romantic. We only had that one in 1989 b/c his best friend invited him to double date. Can't say that I have ever cared much, but seeing how my sister's new husband (married 3/2020) loves to do special things for her, I suppose I could feel I missed something. Thank goodness I don't--I didn't know there were guys like that out there.

Having pulled up all the carpet, I'm getting all the junk taken away this weekend. It was supposed to be last weekend but I had a really bad night and had to cancel--couldn't make myself set the alarm at 4 to go off at 8.

I have a 3 day weekend coming up--it seems like a big deal. I love my job, but I love my weekends too. And today, after going in to meet a student in person, I felt so much better. All the activity--movement--really is so much better for me. Guess I have some tough choices in the future--buy a walking treadmill, or get new flooring :) Well, it's really a matter of which I do first. But treadmill or not, I'm going to start thinking about paint colors and flooring.

Have a good day tomorrow.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Had vaccine came home and passed out at my regular nap time - got more sleep as I hit alarm and closed eyes again... No sore arm yet.

Got 6k again today and taking the water pill regularly again (put pill container in different part of house to remind me) is helping.

Fog here - great hot chocolate weather - really wanted cinnamon roll to deal with the anxiety of getting shot and being in car on freeway (someone else drove) but that may have to wait. Hot chocolate it is.

• LanaCabana537
    tbsn0sj7o8jk.jpeg
    *** January 15th ***

Good morning all~~
    January is just about half over!

Sara! I am a tad envious of you with that vaccine.
    Maureen - thanks for the reminder of the 3-day weekend and that Monday is a holiday.
    Lynn - I hope that the sun shines for you soon. Dreary is not good.
    Oishii - congrats on being so close to your goal. 🎉

Waves to Dawn and Tracy and Melissa and Kathryn and Runa and Missy and everyone who stops by later on~~

Lana
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    My ex was useless at Valentines and my boyfriend went to the petrol station to get me stuff last year... but... he got me so much for Xmas I feel like calling a truce and asking him to get me nothing for Valentines. He loves to make me happy and I love getting gifts, but I don’t feel like I can get him anything half as good as he gets for me.

My birthday I asked for a cake, and he made me curry too! And he bought me jeans because neither my fat jeans nor my goal ones were fitting. He spoils me and I haven’t had that before.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Happy Friday!!!

Longer grocery list as freezer/fridge is looking a little empty.

I learned a long time ago to get myself presents as I wouldnt get what I really wanted (even though I asked). Valentine's Day pre WW became a day to make heart shaped butter cookies and take to work. This year I am not sure. I am decorating at work again like I did for the Holidays, but not as much.

Got 5500 steps and last 2 days got 6500 steps I might be lazy and call it good.

• LanaCabana537
    k9aotal4482o.jpeg
    *** January 16th ***

Good morning all~~

Dreary morning here in NC--very uninspiring.

Sara - tomorrow I am going up to NYC. I should have time in the morning to post, but just wanted to mention it, in case I am forgetful.....
    You are doing really well with your walking steps! 💖

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

267.2 today
    269.6 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon,

Busy day so while I should be napping I cant sleep. Figures.

Have 3800 steps in so far. Cooking is on rest of list today. Roasted vegetables and chicken for a couple of dinners. Easy enough for me right now. Took myself out for lunch came home with 2 sweet desserts and had ice cream where I had lunch.

Pea soup fog burned off and there has been some sun which is appreciated.

• LanaCabana537
    edited January 2021
    szs17ckhh4zd.jpeg
    *** January 17th ***

Good morning all ☀️

Sara - homemade roasted vegetables has got to be one of the best foods ever - healthy and delicious 😋

Time to fly~~

Lana

266.0 today, go figure...
    269.6 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Safe trip today.

Put half of the crumbs of my baked parmesan chips on top of my veg/chicken dish and that was also good. Have a couple more servings of veg/chicken so that will be my lunch today.

Scale tells me about yesterdays feast, but I will get my exercise today so sometimes one must just enjoy the food.

• LanaCabana537
    q5sgxwuytz4b.jpeg
    *** January 18th ***

Hello All~~

Just getting us started today.....wish I could get myself started as well 😜

Lana

266.0 today
    269.6 highest
    179.0 goal
  • brennerjlb
    Hello all!
    Getting on her late today.
    Sara - I am so glad you got your vaccine!
    Lana - still gray around here...but the temps have been mild, so I really shouldn't complain :wink:
    Maureen - you have been busy! great job on the floor progress.
    Oishii - you made me laugh about your BF buying last years at Petrol. I have been married for a while - we have stopped the gifts, but try and spend time doing something we both like :wink:
    Waves to all who stop by.
    Lynn

CW 199.4
    HW 207
    GW 194
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon,

Work is going a little better than planned, but no the department to get too comfortable. I am getting feedback from a friend on what Monster's Boss wants and I heard Monster use the words verbatim and sarcastically. Almost and I said almost made me feel sorry for Monster.

Scale is up but so was sodium so 6k again today and just keep trying.

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Hope everyone has a great night! Started back tracking today. Making it a goal to track everyday and get up at 4:30 am. Need more time in the morning beforehand work but I’m far from a morning person.
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    edited January 2021
    zvuivlvdjmde.jpg
    Tuesday, January 20

Good morning, all!

Have had a couple of "junk" days with food. Overall, my inflammation is subsiding and my pain levels are going down because of it. Keeping the wheat and sugar levels low is definitely key.

Had enough energy to do my laundry (2 loads) and my daughter's laundry (5 loads so far--and counting). Will continue her laundry today until it is done.

Had to tell her last night I am doing it because I am proud of her, don't want her to stress out, and need her to continue on her path to success. She is in nursing school at night and just started a full time job (weekends) in the local hospital's ICU. This will be a grueling schedule until October. She's 30 and knows this is her last chance to grab her dream. She is in the program for the 2nd time and they only allow you to try twice. Plus, our state has an incentive for adults to get a degree tuition free called Tennessee Reconnect. Any adult over 26 years of age can get a vocational certificate or associate's degree for free if they qualify.

Hope everyone has a great day! Make the best choices you can in your situation.

Tracy in Tennessee
  • LanaCabana537

Good morning Tracy !!! Thank you for that gorgeous splash of inspirational color! I love it, and I've saved it!

I am sending good vibes and special wishes for your daughter. Isn't it amazing how much you can do when you are young?--work and school and then a weekend job!? Keep up your cheerleading for her, and she will achieve her dream! Tell her that all of the ladies at the Cabana Club are rooting for her!
    - - -
    Sara - I am a Nosy Parker, and I would love to know what Boss of Monster said to Monster. Can you give us a hint?
    I am glad that you have connections and can get intel from other agents in the field. 😎

Missy - good for you with the tracking and the getting some prime time for yourself.

Waving to Oishii and Maureen and Melissa and Missy and Runa and Lynn and Kathryn and Dawn and everyone else who stops by later on~~

Lana
  • brennerjlb
    Good morning everyone (well there is a little bit of morning left here)
    I actually see blue skies and sunshine today. 11 degrees, but it is sunny! LOL
    I have been following my only eat sitting down - very tough at times. I have had handfuls of snack mix, a chip or two or three and many other things in my hand and I forced myself to wait until my next meal. I would call that a success!
    Tracy - I echo Lana's cheers for your daughter - that is awesome!
    Missy - congrats on the tracking. 4:30 am whew! Our house starts waking up at that time, but I snuggle with my pup for a while :wink:
    Sara - sorry for Monster - yikes....that must be bad.
    Waves to all - Oishii, Maureen, Melissa, Missy, Runa Kathryn and Dawn! (see how I copied that from Lana's list LOL) Hope to hear from some of you soon!
    ~Lynn

CW 198.8
    HW 207
    GW 194.