NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @trooworld Glad that the WW recipes are turning out well. Great job on getting in your water! You have come a long way from where you were, huh? OK, you do need to go to the other building or have a stern talk with yourself that if you go into that room it’s to get the water and then get out. Don’t even look at that chocolate! Tell yourself that for a VERY short time of tasty pleasure you will be in pain for a much longer time. It’s NOT worth it!! ;)

@mswatson0777 all core programs are a challenge for me, but I’ve come a long way from where I was in the beginning so I guess I better keep at it. :grin: Glad that all is going well with the dissertation and that you feel good about the timeline. How are the dogs doing? :)

@gemwolf110 Yikes, that is an early time to get up. What time do you have to be at work? :)

Good morning! I just got back from the weekly Walmart trip with mom. I had to skip the workout today because yesterday was leg day, and it was intense and slightly hurt my left knee. And then later that day I slammed the same knee into the side of my office chair. Don’t ask me how! Anyway, it’s better but just to be safe, I will rest it. Plus, I didn’t get much sleep last night. My dog was up most of the night whining and groaning from what seems to be a stomachache. I think she overate the meat from the roast I made for dinner and had too many treats. So, we are all tired today.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    edited January 2021
    @mswatson0777 My hubby didn't notice I lost weight til I lost those 23 lbs in latter half of 2019. It sounds like you have a good plan laid out for the next year. Figure out a way to make that lemonade. Yaaay on getting all of your goals in.

@gemwolf110 Yaaay on your tracking. I've been trying to get up early too. I get so much more done but I'm training myself to be a morning person.

@trooworld I got 25% :( Maybe I should start drinking it hot. Yaaay on your water. You are doing great keep it up. When you encounter treats, just sing the song from Dionne Warwick, Just Walk on by.......... as many times as it takes to pass it up.

January goals:

Yellow-Stayed OP 164/164 gm o:)
    Intentional Exercise-rest day
    Water-25% :|
    Zone minutes 5 minus 6 due to inactivity 2/8 :(

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,547 Member
    Morning: Walked and tracked.

@mswatson0777 Sounds like you are doing great on your goals. Congrats

@trooworld Yea for the water, sorry to hear your back is still hurting.

@TeresaW1020 ouch on the knee, good plan to rest. Sorry your dog was up all night, hope you rest today.

@gemwolf110 You have started, that is always a plus.

Cbabie
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Hi all! I have to be in by 8 am but want to give pups plenty of free time in the morning. Try to be in bed by 9. It’s new for me. I’ll be a zombie by the end of the week especially when you add in stress from work. Thank goodness for my pups. They keep me together.
  • mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    @gemwolf110 Thank goodness for pups indeed, they're my lifesaver as well during stressful times

@cbabie Way to go!! Sounds like you had a great day on track

@theslightedgeforever That's too funny that it took so many pounds for him to notice, they are so clueless sometimes!

@TeresaW1020 So sorry to hear about your knee, I hope it feels better today! It sounds like yesterday was quite the doozy for you. And the dogs are doing well! They're not getting as many walks as they'd like since the weather hasn't cooperated, but hopefully it'll clear up soon.

Happy Wednesday! We're having our friends over for drinks and dinner after work which I'm really looking forward to. I had a breakthrough at therapy yesterday. I've been so crabby every time I opened my dissertation, but I realized it wasn't crabbiness, but grief. The anniversary of my father's passing is coming up and he used to edit every single one of my master's and undergraduate papers. My dissertation is the biggest paper I will ever write and he's not here to be my editor and so every time I've been opening up the document to edit it I've been having a really emotional reaction. Now that I know what it is I hope it'll be easier to combat.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @mswatson0777 I usually get up at 4:30, too! I go to bed at about 7:30-8. re: the water...thanks, I'm trying to improve it. I believe it's one of my keys to weight loss. Yeah, I have to do something about those treats, it's like a candy store in there lol! I think you had a great day Sunday. Good luck with the changes to your dissertation!

@TeresaW1020 Yes, they are! Yes, I have mindset-wise but unfortunately, the weight change hasn't been as impressive...yet! I think I definitely need to go to the other building to get water and only go in that goodies room if I need an envelope or some other supply. It isn't worth it! I'm sorry you hurt your knee and then you slammed it? Wow, that must be a painful knee right about now. I hope you got better sleep last night.

@theslightedgeforever Dang, yeah, try drinking it hot with some lemon? I got 149 oz yesterday, which is about 229%! I'm tracking my water in the Fitbit app (I switched back to my Fitbit, I like it better). LOL...nobody wants to hear me singing, trust me on that! :D My husband heard me singing the other day and actually started LAUGHING. It's that bad! LOL

@cbabie Yay for walking and tracking! Thanks, my back feels about 85% better today.

@gemwolf110 Pups are amazing like that!

Hi all. I made another surprisingly good WW recipe last night: Savory Make-Ahead Chicken Patties. They were really moist thanks to the addition of cooked mushrooms and pureed eggplant. If anyone wants to try it, let me know, I'll post the recipe. It was easy to make. I made it with vegan creamy-ish mushroom soup, which was okay/good I guess. I am killing it with the water...149 oz yesterday. The scale is going down down down!

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • trooworld
    @mswatson0777 Sorry, we must have posted at the same time and I missed your message. I can see why you would be in a state of grief. I hope to know that does help.

• TeresaW1020
    @theslightedgeforever, My Beck Diet Solution arrived yesterday! I’m excited to read it and learn all I can to switch my thinking from being a fat girl to a thin girl. I’m wondering if I should wait to start the six-week program until after I get back from Florida (I’ll be gone three days) or just jump back in when I come back home. What do you recommend? :)

@cbabie Good job on walking and tracking! The knee and the dog are all better, thankfully. :)

@gemwolf110 It will take a bit for your body to adjust but you will if you stay consistent. I can understand wanting to spend time with your babies. :)

@mswatson0777 Ohhh that is so hard to have lost your father and not have him with you share this important part of your life. I’m glad that you were able to see why your mood was so crabby and now maybe you can gain a bit of peace with your project and know that your dad is still cheering you on and believing in your awesome ability. <3

@trooworld Glad, you are finding such yummy recipes to make. I just don’t buy the thought that food is only fuel and we should think of it as such. That is bull because we are wired to need enjoyment and we should enjoy our food. Especially if we are denying those foods that aren’t good for us, like chocolate! ;) Wow on your water intake!! What turned you around that you are now getting that much in you every day?

Good morning! We all slept in until almost 8 am today! My knee is good so I will go do a workout in a few minutes. It’s been 20 days since I gave up sugar and wine. It’s been easy but I haven’t been faced with many temptations either. Saturday is the baby shower, but I’ve already vowed that I will not touch cake or punch. Then Sunday is mom’s birthday, and we are taking her out for a steak dinner. I might have a sweet potato and I’m making her a Keto cheesecake, but that is with monk fruit so I’m not going to count that as breaking my sugar challenge. I found a recipe for individual cheesecakes, so we won’t be having leftovers. ;)

Yesterday I watched a good documentary called Follow Me. It's about a man who lost 130 lbs who interviews 11 other people who have kept their weight off for five to 30 years. It talks about the importance of mindset, knowing your why, and the importance of having a support system. I found it super inspiring. :) It was $1.99 to rent. https://vimeo.com/ondemand/followmefilm
  • cbabie
    afternoon, walked and tracked
    @gemwolf110 Glad you have your pups and good to see you this morning.

@mswatson0777 Glad you found the trigger for your emotions. It helps when we understand why, but it doesn't always stop them. :). You got this, he raised you!

@trooworld Yes going the extra walk will be a double good thing. More steps, less sweets LOL. I was like yes send me the recipe, but then I saw the mushrooms...I don't like mushrooms lol...so glad you liked the recipe. Yea on the scale going down.

@TeresaW1020 sounds like you are having a great week, less the knee and dog. LOL. I love cheesecake and I am sure you are like trooworld's recipies..complicated.. I know nothing good ever comes from 2 ingredients. I can hear the excitement in your post. I am glad you are doing so well on the sugar.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 Yeah I am not sure I buy that either. That's fine for those that can think like that but I don't think it's me! What turned around my water intake is that I switched back to my Fitbit from the Amazon Halo and I'm tracking water in my Fitbit app...I'm actually remembering to track it! LOL Good luck with the baby shower, you are doing so well, just think of all of your progress! I wouldn't count the cheesecake either since there is no sugar in it.

@cbabie And walking is good for stress! Aww...I didn't use to like mushrooms when I was a kid (I thought they looked like boogers). I love them now but I think I'm allergic to them because they give me bad gas.

Hello all! I second that "Follow Me" is really good...I watched it yesterday on @TeresaW1020's advice and got a lot out of it. I was able to pay the $1.99 with PayPal, in case you are hesitant to put your cc in a site you might not use. On other subjects, my husband worked from home yesterday and I was totally unmotivated to work lol. I did work some but not as hard as when he's not there. Luckily, he's going in today. I drank a ton of water yesterday again (149 oz), got enough sleep although it wasn't the greatest, and I tracked all day yesterday and pre-tracked today.

• mswatson0777
    @trooworld I laughed a bit at your description of the vegan mushroom soup, not quite a ringing endorsement! And I totally get the struggles with motivation, that is absolutely me today.

@cbabie Thank you for your kind words! Way to hit your goals two days in a row!

@TeresaW1020 It sounds like you have a great plan in place to stick with your goals! I'm so glad your knee is feeling better, how did the workout go?

I was to the bone tired yesterday. Instead of doing a walk after work I literally fell asleep and took an hour nap! I NEVER do that! Our quaranteam friends then came over for dinner and champagne. It was a low-key night which was good, but I almost cancelled since I was so exhausted. Tonight luckily is free so I can hopefully get a dog walk in and go to bed EARLY!
  • TeresaW1020
    @cbabie Another day of walking and tracking is great! How are you feeling these days? <3

@trooworld I promise that if you keep tracking your water, pretty soon it will become such a habit that you won’t need to track anymore. I just took my water tracker off my watch because the reminders were annoying the heck out of me. :grin:

@mswatson0777 My workout yesterday was #MBFA upper body. She does these things called Megan Minutes. The shoulder shrugs with my 15 lbs for a whole minute after already doing three sets of them was no joke! :grin: Glad you had fun with your team and sometimes when we are that tired there is nothing better than a good nap.

Hey everyone! It’s cold and drizzly here today. So, that means lots of coffee!! <3 Staff meeting was good and we talked about Easter and what we are going to do. I think we are leaning towards two services just to be on the safe side with our social distance seating we still have in place. Afterward I went to the office and found some fun baby shower games to play this Saturday. I took today off from working and I’m still going strong on my no sugar challenge. :)
  • cbabie
    Afternoon..no walk yet tracking though

@TeresaW1020 you are doing great! Not sure what our church will be doing for Easter.

@mswatson0777 So glad you enjoyed your friends and

@trooworld LOL, yes it was a change for me with DH home. But we are allowed a day here and there.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @mswatson0777 No, not quite! LOL It sounds like you needed that nap, it's great you listened to your body. Yay for dinner and champagne! Hopefully, you were able to go to bed early last night.

@TeresaW1020 I'm still going strong! Yeah, I don't have any water tracker apps on my phone (I track it in Fitbit), but that would be annoying to get reminders. Good thinking to have two services. Enjoy your day off and congrats on being sugar-free another day! :D

@cbabie Yay for tracking! Luckily, he went back to work yesterday lol.

@theslightedgeforever One more day missing and I'm sending out the hounds lol. I got over 100% again yesterday, I got 108 oz.

Hello all. I am working weird hours today: 6:30-3, because DH has a doctor's appointment I need to take him to. I have a headache that developed in the middle of the night and because of that, I slept horribly so a nap after work may be in order. DH joined WW with me but said he's only trying it for a month. I hope he gives it a good honest effort and decides he likes it. It would be nice to be on the same plan (even though he eats what I eat for dinner, he has a salad at lunch and various things for breakfast).

• mswatson0777
    @trooworld Headaches are the worst. I'm sorry to hear that! I hope your husband sticks with WW too, it's great to have an accountabilibuddy

@cbabie Did you end up getting your walk in?

@TeresaW1020 I hope you enjoyed your day off work! I haven't tried MBFA yet since I've been too intimidated but you've inspired me to give it a try!

Happy Friday! Today I have an all day board meeting (blerg). But after work our quaranteam is getting together for dinner which should be fun. I weighed myself this morning and I'm below 160 which I'm calling a win. Ideally I want to be 150 or below, but in pandemic land where I'm home all day every day being in the 150s at all is a huge win!
  • cbabie
    afternoon, tracked and walked

@mswatson0777 I did not walk yesterday, was pretty much a bust here. Yea on the loss and the scale #. You got this!

@trooworld Hopefully DH gets on the train with you. It always is more fun that way.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @mswatson0777 They are! Thankfully my head feels better today. Yes, it would be great to have him as an accountabilibuddy! Congrats on the scale victory!

@cbabie Great job! Yes, more fun with more onboard the train. :D

Hello all. I'm down 0.8 lbs and I must say, I'm a little disappointed. I know our weight fluctuates but all week I've been going down only to step on the scale today and whomp whomp whomp---GAIN. My average over the last 7 days has me down further and I'm trying to focus on my behaviors this week, which were great.

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    I'm here..............

I didn't realize it had been so many days. I have had an extremely busy week. But it's almost over. One more appt for my mil next week and nothing else planned. Oh, just remembered my son's bday. lol

Not even going to try and catch up since I have a Zoom play cards date with my daughter in 10 min.

I gained 1.8 this week. :( Over calories 2 days and over carbs one day. Exercise was spot on.

January goals:

Green-Stayed OP 237/238 gm o:)
    Intentional Exercise-rest day
    Water-25%:|
    Zone minutes 0 minus ??? due to inactivity 0/8 Fitbit was dead part of the day.
  • mswatson0777
    @cbabie Sorry yesterday was a bit of a bust, do you have a plan to conquer today?

@theslightedgeforever Sounds like you've got another busy week ahead! Good job still getting your activity in

@trooworld It sounds like that means an even bigger loss next week, you got this!!!

Hey all. Our quaranteammate made a three tier homemade cake that was stunning. I had some and ended up feeling so sick overnight, like up every hour with stomach pain kind of sick. I'm thinking it was the cream cheese frosting since I'm lactose intolerant, but I felt awful. Today, I've been eating toast and eggs and other bland food.

I did get out to get a walk in which did make me feel a bit better. Now I'm going to work on some homework stuff and dissertation stuff this afternoon since it's snowing again.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    edited January 2021
    Hi all..I am still here, lol. I really need to learn how to do my posts differently. I just had a big long one almost done & I hit a button, not even sure which one, and lost it all!!

@mswatson0777 Too bad about the cake, it sounds delicious! (I love cream cheese frosting, it's about the only one I really like) Good job with your walk. I wimp out and do the treadmill. I heard northern Iowa would get snow today, sounds like it is up your way instead. We might get some tonight & Monday. Hope you make some good progress on your dissertation. Yay for the 150's!

@cbabie Good job on the walking & tracking. Seems like that is about all I feel like doing lately, too, but at least it is something!

@trooworld. Glad your headache is better. Hope your dh gets on board with WW, it does make it easier to be compliant. I try to go more by weekly average than daily weight. It usually is better, although mine lately is not. I need to stop that. Great job with your water!!

@TeresaW1020 Wow, doesn't seem like you should already be planning for Easter. It is really unbelievable that we have been dealing with Covid for almost a year! You are doing so well with your plan, I am sure you will look great at the wedding.

@theslightedgeforever Hi! Sounds like you have been busy! Did your dh retire then? How is it going? I imagine a little adjustment for both of you. I do enjoy it! (when we are able to do stuff that is)

Iowa finally opened the Covid shots up for people 65+ starting Feb.1. They had a different plan, but think the federal govt kind of forced them to do it this way. Yay!! Now to figure out where we can get an appointment!

Hopefully soon, so we can finally go to OK. I would really like to go there in March for gd's birthday! I think this is the longest we have gone without seeing them since they moved from Atlanta 7 years ago. My brother & sil got their first shot yesterday, so we would feel safe seeing them, too. (glad of that, they are both almost 75 & she had open heart surgery a couple of years ago)

Dd is anxious for us to come, too. Working from home made her realize how much she was letting the house go. She has painted the whole inside including ceilings & crown molding (with 2 coats!), got new carpet (which she badly needed), and gotten rid of some furniture & gotten some new. Also done improvements on outside. I worried about how much $$ she seems to be spending, but she says she has saved a lot on child care in the last year, since the kids are only going to school & home, and she didn't go on her yearly vacation like she usually does, lol.

Well, need to get busy. I am trying to declutter some. Started cleaning out old files & then went down & sorted out some clothes to take for donation. Figure if I spend an hour on each, it should be done soon.

This years goal is HEALTH. Still trying to figure out what that means & how to accomplish it. Been reading a lot & think I am leaning toward plant based, but also know that will be hard since dh will never do it. He has been fighting a painful back & hip, but finally got some muscle relaxers & got the right dose of Advil, so hopefully it will improve. He will be starting physical therapy for it, too. He says it feels like when he has needed back surgery & we hope it is not, he has had too many of those already!

Hope everyone has a good week.