New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• siberiantarragon
    siberiantarragon Posts: 265 Member
    edited January 2021
    I noticed all the cookie dough at the store now advertises itself as "safe to eat right from the package." While part of me feels like this is one more step on our society's dietary race to the bottom, it's also good to prevent salmonella since people were eating it out of the package either way. I did not buy it, because that's one of those things that it is very easy to eat too much of. In fact, since it probably doesn't stay good for that long after you open it, you probably have to eat too much of it to not waste it (12 serving sizes at 170 calories each in a package). If they made smaller packages or individual serving sizes of it or something, then I would probably buy it.
    Changed to soluble corn fiber. Net carbs are now 10grams per bar and the texture and taste are way different

Ew just like quest did.

now worse than quest IMO

Oh, so THAT'S why the last Quest bar I had was so gross.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    I noticed all the cookie dough at the store now advertises itself as "safe to eat right from the package." While part of me feels like this is one more step on our society's dietary race to the bottom, it's also good to prevent salmonella since people were eating it out of the package either way. I did not buy it, because that's one of those things that it is very easy to eat too much of. In fact, since it probably doesn't stay good for that long after you open it, you probably have to eat too much of it to not waste it (12 serving sizes at 170 calories each in a package). If they made smaller packages or individual serving sizes of it or something, then I would probably buy it.
    Changed to soluble corn fiber. Net carbs are now 10grams per bar and the texture and taste are way different

Ew just like quest did.

now worse than quest IMO

Quest bar changed the recipe years ago so only if you haven't had them in forever, haha.
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    These are good. Super small (excuse my old wrinkly looking hand for size reference :D ) but the whole bag is only 300 calories. Really good banana flavor. Center reminds me a little of a built bar but a lot denser. Doesn’t have the “bite” I usually like from dark chocolate and taste more banana than chocolate.

Outer chocolate layer is really thin would have liked it to be a little thicker. Still really yummy. They would be amazing dipped in peanut butter. Sweet but not super sweet like an all chocolate truffle. 3hsi6v8vdh6u.jpeg
    djyqq53bq1zb.jpeg
    y46im8opikp5.jpeg
    mgr66ke5c6zq.jpeg

These sound awesome! I'll be on the lookout for them and hopefully they will offer some deals.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member

Ew just like quest did.

now worse than quest IMO

🤣🤣so so true! I could say the same for the majority of all this 'stuff' they keep producing!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited January 2021
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    itql6qftrif1.png

This could be amazingly good ... or gross. Please, someone else, try it and let me know. 😜

Personally, I HATE black licorice and find it absolutely abhorrent. People like my mom for whatever reason love it, so maybe I’ll get it for her and report back if I find it xD
    I can’t remember if I shared these or not, but apparently Icelanders love licorice and seeing this was a MASSIVE culture shock to me...
    93d4gm6uil9g.jpeg
    szaxz2nn0m4j.jpeg
    ufp4xklvainh.jpeg
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Yeah, I hate black licorice and anything black licorice flavored too.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    7sk132aajgkw.jpeg

Not a fan of black licorice either. I really don’t like any licorice jelly beans or any type of gummy candy. I did as a kid though.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    7sk132aajgkw.jpeg

Not a fan of black licorice either. I really don’t like any licorice jelly beans or any type of gummy candy. I did as a kid though.

Licorice and peach rings are really the only "gummy" candy I like... on occasion
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,708 Member
    You can give me all the black licorice😍

MeeeToo!!!
  • PAPYRUS3
    VegjoyP wrote: »

MeeeToo!!!

It's just so good isn't it?
  • PAPYRUS3
    laa35hdyllvd.jpg
    This was 'new' to me shopping today in my Korean shop. Box of Oreo and Honey Nut Cheerios made in Korea...price was $11/box too...
  • Luke_rabbit

Yeah, I like black licorice myself. But I've had the Scandinavian salted black licorice (from Finland) and I was not impressed. That's why I thought the chocolate bar could go either way.
  • PAPYRUS3
    ^^too funny - I thought you had plopped a huge amount of mustard on your noodles!
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    This was on sale for .50 and now I know why. Yuck. Not good at all. The noodles were hard and chewy. The sauce barely tastes cheesy at all. The “bacon” flavor smelled like bacon flavored dog treats. It had small bits of “bacon” they had the texture of bacon flavored dog treats as well. Tastes like dog treats or what I imagine them to taste like lol. 0/10 would never get again and only had a few bites and tossed it. e2vjfw5t20bt.jpeg
    nnnub8vasrz2.jpeg
    ytzw9j4i6y6g.jpeg
    0wvn1jpizaao.jpeg
    uaaifaexuazh.jpeg

EW!
  • Luke_rabbit
    This was on sale for .50 and now I know why. Yuck. Not good at all. The noodles were hard and chewy. The sauce barely tastes cheesy at all. The “bacon” flavor smelled like bacon flavored dog treats. It had small bits of “bacon” they had the texture of bacon flavored dog treats as well. Tastes like dog treats or what I imagine them to taste like lol. 0/10 would never get again and only had a few bites and tossed it. e2vjfw5t20bt.jpeg
    nnnub8vasrz2.jpeg
    ytzw9j4i6y6g.jpeg
    0wvn1jpizaao.jpeg
    uaaifaexuazh.jpeg

Upton's is really hit or miss! But mostly miss, sadly.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    tylri1r88zjp.jpeg
    I’d try the apple and caramel