SandTiger's work in progress thread - starting weight 245

Replies

• Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    245 to 161...... you're closing in on the big 100! Wow! You are amazing! You are doing so well! Huge kudos to YOU! You are truly an inspiration to us all to just KEEP ON WORKING! My mom used to say "just don't give up".... You look terrific and I'm sure you are feeling SO MUCH BETTER with all that weight off. I too, am VERY PROUD of you!
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    fantastic work, such an inspiring thread!
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Thank you very much for stopping by! :smile:
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    I am not sure I posted on your thread already....keep up the strength training/resistance, weight training....your body will recomp over time....it takes time as you know though, taken me a good 10 hard years to get lean and mean....if I can do it at 46 you can do anything you want....
  • Sand_TIger
    nexangelus wrote: »
    I am not sure I posted on your thread already....keep up the strength training/resistance, weight training....your body will recomp over time....it takes time as you know though, taken me a good 10 hard years to get lean and mean....if I can do it at 46 you can do anything you want....

Thank you! I'm definitely working on some recomp now - I just wish the remaining blubber would come off faster. Well, it has, but still. I'll be 42 in June so I'm not too far behind, but I tell you I feel ten years younger than I did when I began this journey a year ago.

Latest numbers from my scale - taking them with a grain of salt but they are showing consistently with previous results: Fat percentage 29.5, muscle 30, weight 161.4. Hips 41, waist 35.
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Woohoo! Look at that lady! She's a lean machine! Wowie Zowie! You look awesome! Love those guns!
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    BTW Love the kitty cats! MEOW!
  • Latrellis
    Latrellis Posts: 75 Member
    Big difference in your face! 4 ring sizes wow!
  • Sand_TIger
    It was odd too because my fingers have always looked kind of thin but I guess I had a lot to lose even so.
  • x_stephisaur_x
    x_stephisaur_x Posts: 147 Member
    I've just found this thread and I think I might have to bookmark it because you are INCREDIBLE! I can't believe how far you've come in just a year, you should be so proud of yourself.

I think you'll need to buy a whole new wardrobe when it comes time to return to the office :)

Keep up the good work! <3
  • Sand_TIger
    Sailor and Stephisaur, welcome to my thread! Thanks so much for being here and I really appreciate your kind comments. :) Sometimes looking at this thread is quite motivating to me too because at times it can actually be hard to see the progress I've made.

You're absolutely right, I will need to buy a new wardrobe - there's no way I could wear any of my old stuff, LOL, except MAYBE one of my hats. I even needed new sandals. For now though, working from home, I've just gotten a few new T-shirts and shorts, and gone back to some old smaller stuff that I'd bought with hope in my heart. It works for now.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,355 Member
    I've just found your thread as well, incredible work you've done.

I went from 216 to 155, and then back to 220, so now I'm at about 185-190. Your attitude and work you've put in is truly inspiring.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Sand_TIger wrote: »
    Here's a slightly better pic. I have trouble getting pictures of myself but the lighting is SLIGHTLY better. My face is really different from what it was before, a little more angular, and I really don't miss that second chin I used to have. Funny how some things on it look more mature and other parts look younger. I figure not too terrible for 41 going on 42. Weight and measurements about the same as last post. Weight about 162, maybe a little under. Just got another wedding ring (simple titanium band) and it's a size 4 1/2 - I started out with a size 8 ring.

Oh my gosh, your face and the ring sizings....awesome shizz lady...I bet you feel fantastic?!

• 1poundatax
    1poundatax Posts: 230 Member
    I love watching your progress. You are an inspiration to me. Thank you for continuing to share.
  • hobit101
    hobit101 Posts: 1 Member
    Thanks. you are inspirational. Keep up the good work.
  • cechafe
    cechafe Posts: 2 Member
    WTG! I'm just starting my journey to a healthier me. Keep up the amazing work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!