WeightNoMore - January 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    @minstrelofsarcasm 😂. Oh I’m not going outside in this.I get a lot of my steps at work. But I have a treadmill in the basement with a tv mounted right in front of it. I’ve been trying to hit that everyday for approximately 42 mins: the length of an hour long show on Netflix. I must be entertained on a treadmill, or I cannot stay on it. But once the weather is nice I will be outside again.
    My legs hurt when I see your cycling times. I think it’s the word vigorously. I walk fast and occasionally jog for a minute or two. But it isn’t vigorously. 😂😂
  • kandi3570
    On the bean subject. I have to admit I could never make dried beans turn out right. I got an insta pot for Christmas and I’ve been making my own black bean and sliding some lentils in there. I add some chicken bullion and cayenne and they are really good. And no work just put it in the insta pot and I get perfect beans every time.
  • jedaschultz
    jedaschultz Posts: 955 Member
    Username: jedaschultz
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    Week: 3
    PW (Previous Weight): 204.2
    CW (Current Weight): 202.4
    😀
  • RoseyandReady
    RoseyandReady Posts: 256 Member
    I'm pretty sure I missed my weigh in on Sunday, I was up a pound and weighed in at 166. I had a death in the family and stayed with my aunt who now is all alone. Sad eating happened, no exercise happened. I went out for a few walks that's about it. I will start tracking again tomorrow and get back onto my schedule.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,157 Member
    I'm pretty sure I missed my weigh in on Sunday, I was up a pound and weighed in at 166. I had a death in the family and stayed with my aunt who now is all alone. Sad eating happened, no exercise happened. I went out for a few walks that's about it. I will start tracking again tomorrow and get back onto my schedule.

Take your time to heal. Do what you need to do, and if you need anything from us, we're here for you. Sending my deepest condolences :heart:
  • podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Hi all,

@kandi3570 - I do so wish I had the room for a treadmill, walking while watching Netflix is prob the only way I'd get my steps in with this weather :) I totally can't do 'dried' beans either, my mum used to do the soaking overnight stuff and I could never be bothered - hence I just get the tins lol.

@jedaschultz - fab loss, go you :)

@RoseyandReady - sending you virtual hugs, try just to focus on looking after yourself, everything else will still be there xx

Managed Day 2 of my Pilates Challenge (well most of it lol, full ab roll ups are completely beyond me at the moment :D) but then flatmate had bought me a vegan bake so I gave in to that! Should be doing my zumba tonight though so hopefully it will balance out. Forgot to do my weigh in this morning so will log tomorrow.
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 944 Member
    kandi3570 wrote: »
    @minstrelofsarcasm 😂. Oh I’m not going outside in this.I get a lot of my steps at work. But I have a treadmill in the basement with a tv mounted right in front of it. I’ve been trying to hit that everyday for approximately 42 mins: the length of an hour long show on Netflix. I must be entertained on a treadmill, or I cannot stay on it. But once the weather is nice I will be outside again.
    My legs hurt when I see your cycling times. I think it’s the word vigorously. I walk fast and occasionally jog for a minute or two. But it isn’t vigorously. 😂😂

@kandi3570 Vigorously cracks me up. Just ask @minstrelofsarcasm
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    jzti2an1w6ky.png

THE IDEA LOUNGE

This is where to bring your ideas, suggestions, musings, and ruminations! Everyone in the F2F community is welcome to be heard. What kind of ideas? :)

Challenges - We have tried several ways to keep fresh and interesting challenges happening every week. The best so far is to gather what everybody thinks would work. Post your ideas, even if they are just sketches. We will collect them all and share the full list to flesh them out and make some really useful and strong challenges. Why challenges? There is nothing better to help keep the energy and commitment high, and the discouragement and staleness low. They are optional but really helpful. Tell us which ones you like, or what new ideas you'd like to see.

Suggestions - this is wide open! What would make F2F better? What bugs you? What works really well? Take some time to look around on other teams than your own, and if you see something you'd like your team to try, suggest it! Or if you think of ways we can improve communication, reward the right kind of progress, or make the community more welcoming and effective. Spill!
  • kandi3570
    @rachelrjh we all have those days. Just keep going. A timeline is a great idea but don’t get down on yourself if you don’t make it. Just look at how far you’ve come, and keep trudging. I had a bad day too in terms of eating, I had cake and chips and I didn’t meet a single goal. My back is sore and my body is tired. So I gave myself a break today. But tomorrow is a new day.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    melaniedscott
    Week 3

PW: 211.8 (I think)
    CW: 210.5
    This is an ish. Forgot to weight in before the massive oatmeal and weighed in clothes (started to say pants...has different meaning in some places...so we'll go with clothes, more than normal). I'll post a correction tomorrow, if I remember and was wrong in my ish-timate...
    If I'm right, that's the direction I want to be going. Can't blame it being higher than I like on salt...
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    @rachelrjh - Sometimes some extra calories even give our metabolism the jumpstart it needs to continue working properly! Best thing to do is forgive one mistake and continue your healthy habits the best you can. One night won't get rid of all the progress you've already made.

@tryingagain5 - What a whoosh! Fantastic loss this week!

That's exactly the reason why I haven't changed to a different label whenever I go to spin class! MFP has a few different options, but I think that "vigorous" is the most amusing thing to imagine, as if I'm aggressively grinding away on that stationary bike.

tenor.gif
  • kandi3570
    The scales are again all over the place this week. I don’t know what the deal is. I think my body is fighting going below 180. It just refuses. I get it there but the next day it’s like no ma’am we don’t do that here!
    I’m chalking it up to inflammation or I should say I’m hoping it’s inflammation. Regardless I m going to keep trudging on. At some point something has to give and if it isn’t my willpower, it will have to be my body. I’m up and down 2 to 3 pounds in a day. It’s been like this for 2 weeks and I’ve been more of a steady loser until now, aside from a few blips here and there. But at least I could explain them. I got nothing for whatever this is. But I don’t like this unpredictability. I’m hoping to be under 180 again tomorrow. 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️
  • melaniedscott
    @rachelrjh - Sometimes some extra calories even give our metabolism the jumpstart it needs to continue working properly! Best thing to do is forgive one mistake and continue your healthy habits the best you can. One night won't get rid of all the progress you've already made.

That's exactly the reason why I haven't changed to a different label whenever I go to spin class! MFP has a few different options, but I think that "vigorous" is the most amusing thing to imagine, as if I'm aggressively grinding away on that stationary bike.

tenor.gif

Stop making me laugh when I'm taking a drink!
  • mxlaw90
    mxlaw90 Posts: 75 Member
    Pw 150.2 lbs
    Cw 151.8 lbs

Gained a little but im not too worried about one pound. I know I'm retaining water so will do my best this week to stay away from sodium this week. My fitness pal has been funny this week, community and some excercise options just said error and I had to Uninstall and re-download, had anyone else had any issues?
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott
    Week 3

This is an ish. Forgot to weight in before the massive oatmeal and weighed in clothes (started to say pants...has different meaning in some places...so we'll go with clothes, more than normal). I'll post a correction tomorrow, if I remember and was wrong in my ish-timate...
    If I'm right, that's the direction I want to be going. Can't blame it being higher than I like on salt...

Ha! I ishtimate well...210.3!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    The scales are again all over the place this week. I don’t know what the deal is. I think my body is fighting going below 180. It just refuses. I get it there but the next day it’s like no ma’am we don’t do that here!
    I’m chalking it up to inflammation or I should say I’m hoping it’s inflammation. Regardless I m going to keep trudging on. At some point something has to give and if it isn’t my willpower, it will have to be my body. I’m up and down 2 to 3 pounds in a day. It’s been like this for 2 weeks and I’ve been more of a steady loser until now, aside from a few blips here and there. But at least I could explain them. I got nothing for whatever this is. But I don’t like this unpredictability. I’m hoping to be under 180 again tomorrow. 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️

That could easily be inflammation or water retention or your metabolism struggling to keep up after being in a deficit for so long. My body seems to be doing that between 165 and 170 right now, and it was doing that on my way into Onederland. The best suggestion I can give you is to have a refeed day if you've been consistently under your calories for a while, or to change up your routine a little bit, whether that be exercising more or exercising differently or just eating a food you don't typically eat.

What you're going through is normal. And if you need to complain about it at all, I'm sure almost everyone in this team would empathize.

tenor.gif

Stop making me laugh when I'm taking a drink!

I can't control just how unpredictably hilarious I am.

mxlaw90 wrote: »
    My fitness pal has been funny this week, community and some excercise options just said error and I had to Uninstall and re-download, had anyone else had any issues?

Yeah, I had quite a few problems with MFP this week. I decided it was just the universe telling me to get back to work.

melaniedscott
    Week 3

Ha! I ishtimate well...210.3!

I'll update your weight! Good job with your expert ishtimation!
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    pacsnc6
    Week 3
    pw: 161.3
    cw: 159.3

How did that happen? I expected to gain after eating high sodium foods all week! I'll take it though, finally below 160 again.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    I joined silver sneakers two weeks ago and have been doing online exercise classes twice a week, mostly for balance and stability. Not enough energy used to help me lose 2 pounds any way. I will keep it up and may even try a few more strenuous classes.
This discussion has been closed.