What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Took the recommendations I got in here and got smoked sea salt. OBSESSED!! It gives that smoky flavor I love to everything. I put it on sandwiches, salads, wraps, eggs, meat, veggies, pretty much everything.

g8flq75rylgq.png

I love apple wood smoked salt too
  • pancakerunner
    kknej3fm9uol.png
    SO GOOD
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,334 Member
    1 box of any kind of tomato soup (Imagine brand is very good and 80/serving)
    1 can diced tomatoes
    1 package of 5 Lidl Italian Chicken sausages, grilled and sliced
    Pinch of Herbes de Provence if ya got it

Heat all together. Makes four servings

Topped with 4gr parmesan it is 274 filling, spicy, warming, savory calories.
  • pancakerunner
    1 box of any kind of tomato soup (Imagine brand is very good and 80/serving)
    1 can diced tomatoes
    1 package of 5 Lidl Italian Chicken sausages, grilled and sliced
    Pinch of Herbes de Provence if ya got it

Heat all together. Makes four servings

Topped with 4gr parmesan it is 274 filling, spicy, warming, savory calories.

mmmm... is it like a tomato sauce?
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    Hard boiled eggs.
  • thehumanpickle
    thehumanpickle Posts: 42 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    Hard boiled eggs.

Same. My daily breakfast lately! I discovered a new (to me) method of cooking them this morning that led to them being PERFECT between medium and hard boiled and not dry. I'm already excited for breakfast tomorrow.
  • thehumanpickle
    thehumanpickle Posts: 42 Member
    Joseph's Pita Bread. It's just so versatile and is helping me solve that carb craving pretty responsibly without going over on my calories.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    nkj2y9odhku5.jpg
  • pancakerunner
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    Hard boiled eggs.

Same. My daily breakfast lately! I discovered a new (to me) method of cooking them this morning that led to them being PERFECT between medium and hard boiled and not dry. I'm already excited for breakfast tomorrow.

and what would this be? curious!
  • alexmose2
    alexmose2 Posts: 208 Member
    Go Lean! Kashi cereal. 10g protein for 140 cals. Awesome preworkout with yogurt and fruit!
  • pancakerunner
    alexmose2 wrote: »
    Go Lean! Kashi cereal. 10g protein for 140 cals. Awesome preworkout with yogurt and fruit!

I used to love this with cashew milk and berries
  • alexmose2
    alexmose2 wrote: »

I used to love this with cashew milk and berries

I am currently away from home and this is my saving grace for breakfast
  • pancakerunner
    cocoa nibs!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    This expensive vinegar. I love vinegar and this is some of the best I’ve ever had. Perfectly sweet enough with an incredible flavor. Like a very light balsamic almost.

So good it’s all I need on salad. Been putting it on everything. Dipping chicken in it and cooking chicken in it, roasting vegetables with a drizzle of it and truffle sea salt, etc. sooo good!

I roasted cauliflower, drizzled this on with some smoked sea salt just now and it was incredible! fdq0e20qacqt.jpeg
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    ^There is nothing like a well aged/made balsamic vinegar. I remember my boyfriend splurged on a $50 bottle when we were in Montreal...insanely good.
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    Quality balsamic is food of the gods. Has anyone here ever cooked it down as a syrup for vanilla ice cream? Exceptional :*
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    ^I did once (not for ice cream though) just as a dressing for a roasted root type salad. Quite good if I remember correctly. (Can't remember the brand I used though...)
    However, I did it again with one that wasn't a very good one, and it wasn't edible.
  • alexmose2
    Bananas! I have not had a banana in 3 days, send good vibes ;)
  • pancakerunner
    Quality balsamic is food of the gods. Has anyone here ever cooked it down as a syrup for vanilla ice cream? Exceptional :*

yes! so good