Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,411 Member
    edited January 2021
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was LITE Pyramid Pump Upper + Bonus Six Pack Abs 1. :)

Laurel, Great job on the workouts, and the kickboxing workouts sounds like a lot of fun. LOL about being a kickboxing day. It's fun when that happens. We had single digits yesterday and 30's today. I think that is why I tend to not like the other hiit workout, just don't like to have all the extra equipment. I usually don't use the mat for those workouts either. I find that I tend to trip on them. :D When we tell people that we might leave WI when we retire, people are surprised. Once DH's mother is no longer with us, it really isn't that big of a deal for us to be in this area. So I know what you mean about staying in one spot, but you two are much more accomplished at moving than DH and I would be. :D

Thelma, Awesome job on the workouts! Now that I have the quartz that I like I have to think about painting the kitchen again. I don't think that the yellow that is in the kitchen will be that good of a match. I love the yellow a lot, but I think that we need to go to a bit lighter color. One of the things that I like about thrift stores, is getting good quality clothing for little expense. I can change my wardrobe, and then donate the ones that I have for someone else. Recycling at it's best. My youngest picked out some things from my closet that she wanted, it was mostly some sweatshirts. I was just not wearing them anymore, and I like the zip up hoodies more. Funny how our tastes change over the years.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,769 Member
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 60 minute spin followed by 30 minutes of yoga. I felt pretty tired and sore today, and these workouts helped that quite a bit....thankfully. :)

Thelma, great workouts! I completely agree about last night’s class. I felt it mostly in my hips. My left hip does not love it when I am standing or kneeling on that leg for a long time with my right leg in the air. So that barre to floor set just about did me in. But I loved it. Like you, I enjoyed it being a private class. I will keep my eye out for when the Tuesday class gets posted. I definitely want to take that because I don’t think I am doing everything the way I should at the moment. About moving, we never thought Huntsville would be our forever home, so that we are even thinking about staying says a lot! But I think we still might look in North Carolina or Tennessee. But one thing Alabama has (as did Florida) is exceptional policies for 100% disabled vets, which DH is. And when he no longer is working and we are living on his retired military pay, those types of policies will be so very helpful. DH is talking about it more and more, so true retirement may be just a few years out for us know....which is kind of :o .

Laurie, another great workout! But given the rotation you are doing, I think that could be said every day!! I never use the mat either....nor do I lay bands or tubing in the floor to jump over. I don’t need any extra impediments working out since, on my own, I am not quite what anybody would consider to be agile or graceful. :p I can trip over the wall-to-wall carpeting. B) I guess I am a little surprised you would consider leaving Wisconsin too, but....why not, right? DH and I toy with going back to Colorado to be closer to my family, but, to be honest, even though it is ‘home’, there is just so much about it we don’t like (dryness, fires, cost, Denver size and traffic, etc). So where you are from isn’t always the right place to be forever.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,505 Member
    edited January 2021
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were Zumba, Vinyasa Flow Yoga, and Jessica Smith Interval Training. The Vinyasa Flow was an amazing stretch class.

Laurie, awesome workout! I love the Pyramid Pump workout.

You will need to select a color that will appeal to buyers for your kitchen cabinets for sure.
    The only clothes you can get around here are pretty casual but some are in excellent quality. Donating clothes to the thrift store after you purchased them is definitely recycling at its best!

Laurel, awesome workout combo!
    That entire kneeling routine on one knee was a bit of a killer. I was feeling it in my abs this morning which was a nice surprise. I sent an email to Gwendolyn asking her when she'll add the workshop to the class schedule.

The fact that you're thinking of Huntsville as a retirement place is definitely huge! You definitely need to take into consideration a state's policies for 100% vets when you decide to move again. It would be nice if your DH actually retired in a few years! I just can't see DH being retired full time. I think he would go out of his mind. His plan is to hopefully transition to part time work with his current employer in about two years.

Have a great weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited January 2021
    Morning Ladies,

This morning my workout was Michelle Dozois's One-on-One Cardio Burn. Subbed that one in for the P30 High Impact HiiT. Another really cold morning, and we are going to get some snow this weekend. So it probably is a good weekend to do some purging in my closet. ;)

Laurel, Nice workouts, and good that your body appreciated the love. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one that can trip on the carpeting. :D We have been contemplating moving to a little warmer climate. Since I have such a big family, my parents will always be taken care of and visiting is something that we would have time for. :) Funny when our spouses start talking seriously about retiring isn't it. I know that my DH isn't all that happy, but is kind of happy that he is working from home. I think once they are back to full time downtown, he might think more seriously about a date.

Thelma, Love the workouts! Both of you had gave that body some stretching love. I'm actually going to do a stretch workout tomorrow. I think my body will go into shock, but I don't have any meetings scheduled and DH will be gone.... Looking forward to just a me day. I don't think that my DH would be able to just sit around when he retires either. He does have a car that needs to be put back together, so that should occupy his time. He is also very involved in our national car club too.

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Flex Train followed by a super fun combo....X10 Low Impact into Perfect 30 Low Impact HiiT. I finished with the P30 Extended Stretch. Once I talked myself into working out, it felt good today. :)

Thelma, great workouts. I felt Wednesday’s workout most especially in my upper glutes/lower back yesterday.....areas I need work in for sure! So that was a good feeling. I don’t think DH will retire 100% either. He talks about going back to school for his real estate license, which would be fine since he still has GI Bill benefits. More than anything, he just wants to be more in control of his own schedule than he is right now. And I do too. One benefit of this pandemic is I have long wondered how I would handle DH being home all the time, and now I know. And it is good!

Laurie, great workout. Hope it doesn’t get too cold this weekend. I definitely understand wanting a slightly warmer climate. It is, more than anything, snow and ice I hope we can avoid. Cooler temperatures are okay, but I want to be done with walking (and driving) on ice. I think my DH will talk more and more about retirement when/if they go back into the office full time as well. I think he likes not having a commute. :)

Well DH is pulling me out the door for our walk, so.....enjoy the weekend!!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. Ours as always was nice and quiet. We had warmer temps which was nice.

My workouts on Friday were a Peloton ride and Yoga. On Sunday I did Boxing Bootcamp / Legs & Glutes. Great workout!

I had a haircut on Friday! What a relief and my stylist did a nice job with my curls.

Laurie, great choice of workout on Friday! I hope you didn't get too much snow!

So your DH actually got used to working from home! I remember in the beginning he wasn't happy about it. I can just imagine how hard it will be for those people who are working from home to go back to the office. Sounds like your DH has projects to keep him busy when he retires. I can't imagine that he would want to do that every day though.
    Did you do yoga or stretching on Friday?

Laurel, great workouts on Friday!
    What a great idea for your DH to go back to school! Are there lots of realtors there? There are LOTS of realtors here. One of our friends is a retired police officer who moved here from FL and became a realtor.
    It sure would be nice for your DH to have more control of his schedule. Our house is open concept and DH's desk is our dining room table in the winter. In the summer he spends a lot of his work day our on the deck. I know he's working so I don't interrupt him. I knew we would be OK with him working from home. It was harder when I worked from home too because I could hear him on the phone and it would distract me.

BTW, I signed up for the Barre workshop and the class.

Have a wonderful week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Had a very nice weekend, and the snow wasn't to bad. We did have about 3 inches though. We are suppose to be getting more tomorrow. My workouts where Saturday P30 Perfect Flow: Yoga Strength & Flexibility, Sunday LITE Pyramid Pump Lower and this morning P30 Perfect Pump: Upper Body + Upper Body Bonus. This is the last week of this P30/LITE rotation. Can't believe that I worked out every day.

Laurel, Awesome job on those workouts! Your attitude is what I had this weekend. I didn't want to do the workouts, but I was glad that got them done. The one thing about the cold temps that I don't enjoy is exercising and then going on our walk. I'm not going to give up on the walks, because DH is actually getting his butt out of the chair and moving. I just hope that I don't get a cold because I'm still a little sweaty before we head outside. I still have about two solid months that we can have severe cold weather. I know that if I was at home working, the best part would be the driving to and from work.

Thelma, Love the workouts! I always love the feel of a haircut, just feels so good. We have the potential to get a dump of snow tomorrow it the system hits us just right. They say up to 12 inches, and I sure hope that isn't the case. Although I do enjoy seeing the snow, but driving in it isn't fun. I was surprised that DH was okay with working from home, it really gave him a feel for how retirement could be. You are right, he wouldn't be able to sustain that one hobby forever. As you can see I did manage to get in yoga, even though it was a short one.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Hellloooo Ladies!!!

I've been thinking about you all, but it's been so busy I haven't had time to get on here! I'm glad to see everyone is doing well!

We've had a bunch of changes at work, which is one reason I've been so busy. Long story short, what I'm doing is not what I want to be, but I'm feeling a little stuck right now with limited companies hiring due to COVID. I'm hanging tight for now, but have noticed a HUGE change in my overall outlook. I'm normally a bubbly, happy, positive person and these changes have put me in a very negative spot. I'm trying hard to get out of it.

I'm back to every other day workouts and testing foods again for inflammatory responses. I've put on about 10 pounds, but I think it's due to inflammation in my body, as it happened very quickly (and I'm jumping 3-5 pounds in a 24 hour window, which is weird). I'm focusing on KCM 30 minutes, every other day and seeing some of the inflammation go away.

The boys are doing well, still not back to school and really hoping to get back soon. At least they both are able to participate in sports, just with masks on of course (even on the field/rink). We are hoping they will be going back next month, just waiting on the governors announcement today.

My youngest has his behind the wheel test on Wednesday. If he passes, we will all be drivers in this house :)

The holidays were good...we celebrated with family either inside with masks and distanced or outside and distanced (brrr). Out of 7 families between my husbands side and mine, 3 of the families have had COVID (one is on their 2nd round) but so far everyone has fared just fine. I'm sooooo ready to get back to a bit of normal once the vaccines really get going.

I'm hoping to get back on here daily, I miss you ladies!

Have a great day!

Erika
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Hope you enjoyed the weekend. Our weekend was a blend of quiet and productive. Saturday, while DH pressure washed the driveway and sidewalk, I cleaned all of the linen closets, re-lined shelves in the kitchen, laundered all the bedding, and did a complete clean of the house. :o I was exhausted at the end of the day, but it felt good to be so productive. Yesterday we went for a very long walk and watched football, which made for a much more relaxing day.

For workouts, on Saturday I did Jessica Smith Strength Interval Walk from her Walk On series followed by 30 minutes of yoga with Kristin McGee. Yesterday was F/S Legs and Glutes and Core Bonus followed by a 45 minute spin with Peloton. Today was RWH LIHI Chest, Shoulders and Triceps x4 premix followed by Perfect 30 High Impact HiiT and Pyramid HiiT Bonus premix. The weight work today felt tough, but I think that is because my arms are still tired from Saturday’s housework. But the cardio felt great. I just love Perfect 30.

Erika, so great to see you!! Thank you so much for checking in. I am so sorry that your work and, well, COVID everything has you feeling not quite yourself. I can tell you that, without any work issues at all since I don’t work, this winter has not been my best winter.....and still miles to go in it. I hope you can figure out what is causing the drastic changes in your weight because, no doubt, that kind of fluctuation is probably on your mind and impacts your energy. Hopefully the right workouts, like KCM, will help. I am sorry you have had so much COVID in your family but glad everybody has managed it well. I know I will feel better when the people I love finally get the vaccine. So far, my oldest sister (who is a special needs school teacher) has received her first shot, which is a huge relief for me, and my SIL is fully vaccinated because she works in a hospital. But I am worried about my in-laws and will feel better when they are finally vaccinated. As for DH and me.....well, Alabama was dead last in the nation last week for vaccinations, so, like the winter, we have miles and miles to go before we will see it. That reality doesn’t improve my mood, that’s for sure. :p Yay for another son driving! That will take some more pressure off of you, no doubt.

Thelma, great workouts! I am glad you enjoyed the F/S workout. When I was doing the Boxing Bootcamp warm-up, I was wondering why I don’t do that workout more. I am not sure how many realtors are here, but I do know Huntsville is a booming city at the moment so if we do opt to stay here, it wouldn’t be a bad career choice for DH. My biggest issues with DH working from home are listening to all of his phone calls (I know way more about his job than I need to know :# ), and the feeling that I really can’t make much noise because, like you, our house is very open. But I love our daily walks and being able to just talk to him more than I really have ever been able to do, so that outweighs the negatives for sure. I am signed up for both classes as well!

Laurie, great workouts this weekend! I can’t believe your rotation is coming to an end already either. All of your workouts have sounded so fun! I don’t blame you for not enjoying going outside right after a workout. That would definitely make me feel chilled, but I have a tendency to feel a bit chilled after workouts anyhow. I hope you don’t get a foot of snow tomorrow. I have seen some projections for Chicago, though, that don’t look good. Hopefully it misses you because that kind of snow is not much fun.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Monday were Ashtanga Yoga, Monica Pulgarin's Zumba and RWH Chest, Triceps, Shoulders.

We're having a crazy storm tonight. Heavy downpours, lightning and thunder. Thankfully we haven't lost power.

I forgot to tell you ladies that I did my first closet purge over the weekend. I can't wait till we take the clothes to the thrift store.

Laurie, I'm glad you had a nice weekend and not too much snow. Hopefully the weather people are wrong and you won't get too much snow on Tuesday. 12 inches is a lot of snow! Great job with your workouts! Congratulations for working out 7 days last week! I'm so glad you were able to get your yoga workout in on Saturday! Yaay!

I'm glad your DH was able to adjust to working from home and was able to get a perspective on what retirement could be like. Hopefully, he'll be able do some part-time work.

Hellllooooo Erika!!! So good to hear from you and that you and your family are doing well! I hope you guys didn't get COVID! We've missed you!

I'm really sorry about your job. I completely understand where you are mentally now. I hope you find a way to ease your stress. Exercising is definitely going to help. Interesting about the weight gain. It really does sound like an inflammatory situation.

Laura and I are taking a Zoom Barre class on Wednesdays from 4:30-5:30pm EST if you'd like to join us some day. I'd love to invite you to a class.

I'm so glad your boys are doing well and are able to play sports. I hope your youngest passes his driver's test! Hopefully kids will be able to go back to school soon.

You guys have a big family. I'm glad you found a way to celebrate the holidays together.

Laurel, you two were super busy over the weekend! What a great idea to re-line the shelves in your kitchen! I will add that to my 'to-do' list too! I bought stuff to line the shelves with and never did it!

Great workouts! You did today's workout X4! No wonder your arms are tired lady! Perfect 30 is such a good program. I hope Cathe comes up with more programs like P30.

I felt the same way about the F/S Boxing Bootcamp workout! It is a fun boxing workout and so good to add the leg work at the end. I'm so looking forward to the Barre workshop! The Barre class too but I also brace myself for the pain! LOL

It is true for us too that we've been able to talk more and I do know more about his job than I wanted to know. Thankfully DH's conference calls are not as frequent as they used to be.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning my workout was LITE Cardio Party + Bonus Six Pack Abs 2. I made it to work very slowly, and it is still snowing. Not sure how much longer this is suppose to last.

Erika, Glad that you are back and I hope that you are able to chat with us more often. Sorry to hear about the job, that is tough to have to deal with during this time. Hopefully chatting with us will give you better mental health, since we give everyone some happy exercise thoughts. :D Great job on getting your workouts in and monitoring your health in that way, I'm sure that you will have those 10lbs off in no time. Hope the boys are able to get back to school, most of the schools in our county have been in session since before Christmas. They have found that it really helps the kids with their mental health, just to many teenagers have been attempting suicide. :o Our family has been fine. Only one of our friends has had COVID, so we are doing really well. Hope your ds passes his test, and that it isn't in snow.

Laurel, Wow what a great mix of workouts, and great job on the organization. We did our linen closets a few months ago, it amazes me how they can get out of control. I was surprised how quickly this month has gone. I guess it is true that as you get older time speeds up. Like I said it is still snowing and Rocket decided that he needed to potty at the bottom of the ditch this morning. Talk about wanting no one to see me scooting down the snow pile. :D Rocket of course was like, Mom where did you go. I think he was a little worried about me. :D Of course I did tell him that there was plenty of room by the road, why the ditch?

Thelma, Great job on your workouts! Sorry to hear that you are dealing with a storm. Yay on the closet purge, I'm ready to send my stuff to the thrift store also. I wonder what type of part time work my DH would like to do. He could do just about anything, but it would have to be interesting for him.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Hello Ladies, Happy Tuesday!!

My happy light arrived today, and although I gave it a try this morning, it's too soon to tell if I feel any differently. Ironically, the sun has been out the last 2 days, so that might have contributed to my mood boost a bit.

Tonight will be some last minute practice with DS before his test tomorrow (looks like a clear day-yay) and getting in whatever KCM workout sounds good :)

Work has been a little bit calmer this week, which is giving me some time to contemplate if I'm in the right spot. My new manager (who I butt heads with a bit) did challenge me by asking if the new role is going to bring me joy since it's 100% different than I was doing. I honestly am not feeling like it will, but I also want to give it a shot (and hope if I don't like it, there's another opportunity here for me) as it's unlike anything I've ever done in my entire career working.

Thelma, I heard there were storms down south, I hope you kept your power through it all. Great job on the workouts, sounds like an excellent mix. The barre class sounds fun, but I'm not sure I can swing the time (3:30 my time) as I have a re-occurring work meeting that I can't really move. But, if that meeting ever gets cancelled/moved to a different time slot, I'll let you know! Nice work on the closet cleanout...I did that a few weeks ago and it felt amazing. So many things I was holding onto "just in case" and haven't worn in at least 2 years.

Laurie, I wondered if you were in the snow zone as I heard quite a storm hit yesterday. Sounds like it was quite a lot, and slowed down your drive in. Hopefully the next storms miss us both...sounds like there's a couple more coming from the west coast! The governor just announced that it is highly unlikely our high schoolers will go back this year, just due to vaccine shortages. We still haven't even dented the educator population, and that really has to happen before he will get more kids back to school.

Laurel, what a productive weekend...those are the absolute best! Plus, a walk outside to wrap it all up is amazing! We are hitting the winter cold spell here, so walks outside are a bit challenging. I'm looking forward to spring and getting back outside! No vaccinations here of anyone I know yet. My parents are 65+ and so are my in laws, so on the list, but so far no scheduled date for them. I also have a friend that teaches special ed and she put in a request for the vaccination, but no planned schedule for that to occur yet. I would say Minnesota is out about 3-4 months yet on getting the educators and 65+ population vaccinated.

Enjoy your day, I'll talk with you all tomorrow--hopefully with a new driver in the house :)

Erika
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was LIHI Legs and Core 1 followed by a 45 minute spin with Peloton. DH is working at work today, and since we have sunshine and temps in the mid-60s, I opted to take a longer-than-usual walk outside today. I could have stayed out there forever it felt so good. :)

Thelma, great workouts. I am paying dearly today for that x4 workout yesterday. My arms are screaming at me! But I came up with a plan for our STS rotation because I have learned a few things this week about how my body is reacting to this intensity. First off, it will definitely be two weeks on, one week off. Second, any strength workouts outside of STS will be strictly optional and I won’t even make recommendations for them. These three weeks with the extra lower body workout and total body workout has my body screaming ‘too much!!!’ and I want to put the emphasis on STS, not side workouts. So thank you for pushing through these three weeks with me because it has not been easy. Hopefully your weather didn’t get too bad last night. We were under a tornado watch all evening, but we had no weather here.....unlike just south of here. Looking forward to tonight’s class!!

Laurie, great workout. Hopefully your weather doesn’t get much worse. Rocket certainly didn’t make your morning an easy one! We have moved so much that I have a tendency to leave things where I put them when we move in....even if it really isn’t quite right. So a big part of my linen closet cleaning this weekend was just moving things around so they made more sense. And I did the same with a few things in the kitchen. DH even remarked on how better organized it is. :) It feels good to feel like we are settling in a bit....which means our time here must be limited. :D;):p Last time I said that.....I found myself driving to Alaska within weeks. :o

Erika, I have my fingers crossed for your DS today. Hopefully he gets through it on his first try. I hope the happy light helps. If I had known how cold and gloomy January was going to be, I would have left some Christmas lights up. My mood took a deep dive the minute those lights came down. And we are fortunate to have days like today which is sunny and warm to help. But I know people loved those happy lights in Alaska, and hopefully you get some improvement. Changing your entire career focus during an already unsettling time cannot be easy at all. Alabama is still trying to figure out how to vaccinate over 75...and that just started last week. There was an article in the paper this morning about all of the mistakes they have made with vaccinations (and this info came directly from the Alabama Department of Public Health), and I just felt like hitting my head on the table over and over. I know the pandemic is unusual and I know funds are limited, but, in my view, there really is no excuse for not establishing some kind of tracking and appointment system before the vaccination arrived. But, no, they didn’t. But there should be one soon. :#

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I had a slow day today. I didn't want to move but finally I did RWH Legs. I love that workout!
    Thankfully we never lost power last night and the temp was 61 degrees at 7am!

The oldest friends got the first dose of the COVID vaccine last week and they are doing well! They are definitely in their late 70's if not early 80's.

Laurie, great workout! I'm glad you made it work safely. I hope your ride back home wasn't too bad.

I hope to be able to do a little more closet purge this coming weekend. Your DH needs to start thinking about the p/t work possibilities.
    Too funny about Rocket deciding to potty at the bottom of the ditch! LOL

Erika, Great workouts! I'm glad your happy light arrived. I can't wait to hear about your experience with it. Wednesday is finally here! You and your DS must be so excited. I hope he passes the test!

Thank God you've had calmer week. Were you surprised that your manager asked you if you thought your new role would bring you joy? I would've asked: Is this a trick question? LOL. Good for you for giving the opportunity a try because you may just be a little out of your comfort zone.

Thankfully we didn't lose power last night. I hope your Wednesday afternoon meeting gets cancelled one of these days so you can join us for Barre class.

Laurel, awesome workouts today! Today was definitely a beautiful day.
    I hope you enjoyed the Barre workshop. I did and feel that I learned a lot. Hopefully I'll remember! I feel that I got a mini workout out of the workshop too.

I am not surprised your arms were screaming at you!
    I love the idea of the two weeks on, two weeks off STS rotation. I have to admit that the STS week was the my least favorite of this three weeks. Thank YOU for putting these rotations together.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was P30 Perfect Pump: Lower Body.

Erika, Got to love when that sun shines, this morning it is out. Very cold here, but at least it is sunny. Hope your KCM workout is a good one. I'm planning on KCM for some of my workouts in the next month. Probably going to incorporate Michelle Dozois workouts into them also. I hope that all goes well with the new job. I'm glad to hear that you are giving it a chance, you never know if it will be a good fit until you try. Your states roll out of the vaccine sounds a lot like what ours is going though. Some of the groups getting the vaccine make me wonder what the heck, but then the next day it changes. I'm sure your DS will do well on his test. ;)

Laurel, Great job on the workout, and your walk sounds wonderful. Oh my on the moving, that would be interesting if you organizing lead to that. ;) Even when you have been in a house for years, you still need to do some of that. Now ours is mostly purging, but it just feels so much better when you open a door and see things organized. This morning I told DH that we need to get the coffee pot and Keurig off the kitchen counter. I'm just not liking all the clutter on the countertops. Of course when we get our new ones, it will be like a ghost town on my counters. :D So we are going to be looking at thrift stores for a cabinet that we can put those items on. Kind of like a coffee bar. I never thought that I would have one of those, but it just makes sense.

Thelma, Awesome job on the workout, even though you where not wanting to do one. Yay for your friends getting the vaccine. The drive home was not bad at all, the roads where in great shape. The snow stopped about 2pm, so by the time I got out of work, the plows had taken care of the majority. This morning Rocket was a much better boy in his choice. No hiking down the ditch for me. Sounds like you have some nice temps.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was RWH LIHI Back, Shoulders and Biceps x4 premix followed by Cathe Live 40/20 Low Impact HiiT. I felt a little more energetic today, so the workout felt good. I am just hoping that energy stays around long enough for me to get through the Barre class this afternoon!

Thelma, great workout. I really enjoyed the workshop yesterday. I was confused sometimes with what she was cuing, and now it makes a whole lot more sense. Like you, now I just have to remember everything. I am glad we have two more months before starting another rotation to give us a chance to really decide on whether STS is right or not. Right now....I want to do it. But for the next section of this rotation, I am going to use Meso 1 workouts for my one body part a day for one week. Meso 1 is, by far, my least favorite of the Mesocycles, so we’ll see how this goes. But be honest with me if you want to do something else when the time gets here. I can even come up with the same type of rotation using programs other than STS to give us options if, on any given day, we just need something different from STS. Anyhow, see you later!

Laurie, great workout. That workout and LITE Stacked Sets Lower Body are the top two on my ‘favorites’ list of Cathe’s lower body workouts on DVD. There is one on Cathe Live (Oh My Glutes) that I think is my favorite. I am with you on not liking clutter, especially in the kitchen. I love the idea of having a coffee bar. If I had the ability/space to do the same thing....I would. I told DH that I might take a break from the extensive housework this weekend, but I am hoping it is only a week. Now that I have done some purging and organizing.....I need to do some deep spring cleaning. But I need more energy than I have right now to do that! :D

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were RWH Back, Biceps, Shoulders, Peloton Beginner Ride and Pure Barre. I felt more energetic today.

We're having really strong winds tonight. The wind is howling like crazy! Back to cooler temps!

Laurie, great workout!
    I'm so glad you had a good commute after the snow and that Rocket was better about his potty location! LOL

Laurel, great workouts! I hope you still had energy for the Barre class because it was a killer! I thought I was going to die! I liked the addition of the elastic loop and the ball. They brought the pain intensity to a new level! OUCH!

I love the idea of using the Meso 1 workouts for one body part a day.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was LITE Metabolic Blast, so love this one. No walk this morning, just didn't want to venture out when the temperature and a negative in front of it. :D

Laurel, Great minds think alike, because I have that HiiT workout scheduled for tomorrow. ;) It has been a while since I have done that one, so I'm hoping that it is fun. Nice job on the other workouts, and I hope you had the energy for your barre class. Yep that lower body workout is a very good one, and it is so easy to make weight adjustments as you progress. I think the coffee bar is the only way that I can keep some order to the counters. It doesn't make sense to put the coffee pot away everyday, since both DH and I are coffee drinkers. Taking a week off of housework is a good idea, it will be there when you have the energy to tackle it. I want to do some extensive cleaning in my kitchen, so that might be on schedule for the weekend.

Thelma, Awesome workouts, and nice that you had the energy. Dang on the cooler temps coming back. Sounds like a tough barre workout, but that loop sounds like it was torture. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a super tough 45 minute HiiT and Hills ride with Peloton followed by 45 minutes of Pilates with Peloton/Kristin McGee. Despite feeling worn out this morning, both workouts felt surprisingly wonderful, which made for a nice surprise.

Thelma, great workouts. I agree about the addition of the equipment during barre last night. It really made me concentrate more and the ball didn’t allow for any cheating. :) I was feeling it this morning in my hips and hip flexors for sure, but the Pilates seems to have helped that. I am really loving the added element these barre classes are bringing to my fitness routine, because I could notice a difference when doing the Pilates class today, especially in the strength in my hips. So thank you again! Btw, your hair looks so beautiful!

Laurie, another great workout. And, yep, I think I would have stayed in this morning as well with those temps. Hope you enjoy the HiiT workout. I am going to try to take it easier this weekend, but, for some reason, the baseboards in the house are driving me crazy all of a sudden, so I have a feeling if I don’t do anything else, I will still try to wipe down all of those. And in this house.....it is a lot. :o But I need to do it on a day where I don’t need my back to get me through a workout, so that means Saturday. :D I do have my priorities. :p

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Monica Pulgarin's Zumba, Revive and Restore Yoga and a Jessica Smith Mat Fusion Flow. I felt tired today. I've notice that the day after Barre I always feel tired.

The wind has been insane here. DH went out on the deck to check one of the security cameras that was acting up and we nearly froze.

Laurie, fantastic workout! I don't blame you for skipping the walk today!
    The loop wasn't the harder part of the class. The ball was the killer part I felt. The class is pure torture. I always wonder how the instructor comes up with those moves! LOL

Laurel, great workouts! I think the Barre class is an energy drainer but it's such a good class!

I agree that the equipment makes you stay focused. I also felt it this morning in my hips, deep in the glutes and hip flexors. I'm going to have to try one of those Peloton Pilates classes. I am so happy you're loving the Barre class too Laurel and you're so welcome! Thank you for the hair compliment and I was having a bad hair day! LOL

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!
    Thelma