Relapsers getting Real Healthy Accountability group- 2020-2021

Replies

• HealthyTrent
    HealthyTrent Posts: 157 Member
    Oh! @ClearNotCloudyMind I'm on track with my 1000 miles in 2021! I'm at 46.25 right now. The benchmark if I spread it out evenly is 46.6 by the end of the day today. I'm probably going to get another mile in before bed.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Been a bit since I check in. Way over indulged on hubby’s days off. time to kick it into overdrive have a few pounds to go to make it to my end of January goal. Hope everyone is doing well. Will try to get caught up on posts today.
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Checking in, have been busy in a group I joined and had this past weekend one day over maintenance and then another day at maintenance, I have between 2-3 pounds (depending on how much from this weekend is actual gain) to get to my end of January weight loss goal so I am hoping to really stick to it and stay on track this week and next, if I do I can definitely reach my goal!
  • JLeatherman1985
    JLeatherman1985 Posts: 46 Member
    Not my best weekend. Definitely have a harder time sticking to my daily calorie goal at home, but I did at least log it. Here's to starting another week off right with a packed healthy lunch.
  • Gold6767
    Gold6767 Posts: 145 Member
    Had a rough day calorie wise. I don't know why this happens sometimes, I went way over calories and hit a big sugar binge. Wasn't in a bad mood or anything, I just felt like I couldn't stop eating even though I was beyond full.
  • laurenebargar
    Gold6767 wrote: »
    Had a rough day calorie wise. I don't know why this happens sometimes, I went way over calories and hit a big sugar binge. Wasn't in a bad mood or anything, I just felt like I couldn't stop eating even though I was beyond full.

This happens to me too, alot of people suggested I write down my feelings before and after each time and try to find a common link but for me personally I just couldnt find anything, some days my willpower is just a little lower I guess. I know it sucks so I hope today is better for you!
  • HealthyTrent
    Yesterday got away from me - slept in, ran off to a chiropractor appointment, then had to work for a good chunk of the day even though it was supposed to be a holiday. I indulged a little last night - had some wine, chocolate and overall just ate a little heavier, but I haven't had a day like that in a bit now, and I felt okay with it. I did go back and track everything. Amazingly my weight wasn't up this morning - stayed flat, which works for me!

@renaegry - you've got this!

@laurenebargar - Sounds like you know what you need to do to hit your goals.

@gold6767 - I definitely have days like that. If it's every once in awhile I try to be kind to myself and just let it pass - I start over the next day. If it happens too much then I try to sit back and acknowledge what's behind it (usually stress/etc.) and I try to find ways to keep busy that don't involve eating.

@JLeatherman1985 - tracking is half the battle! Even if you ate heavy, the fact that you're logging everything is huge. We can't improve if we don't know where we're at.
  • Gold6767
    I just noticed your picture @laurenebargar Go Bills!!! Are you from Buffalo?
    And thanks to you and @HealthyTrent for the support I'm trying to get back on track today and not let the set back bother me too much. Sometimes I sugar binge when I'm stressed, but yesterday I was having a relaxing day no idea what triggered it
  • seschreck
    seschreck Posts: 5 Member
    I'm back after falling out of sync pretty hard. I'm meal prepping again which is my saving grace since I love to cook anyhow. I'm hoping being involved in the group chat will help me stay more consistent.
    SW:160
    CW:155
    GW:135
  • Dukare
    Dukare Posts: 144 Member
    Hi all!
    Sounds like February is approaching -with everyone having their "fall off the horse" moments.... definitely been there!

I found I needed a wee bit o heavier calorie day(s) every so often. I think it ended up balancing out my workouts or something? Definitely something you try not to have happen but it's definitely something you can't beat yourself up over- that can lead to further derailing. Forgive but hold accountable by logging. Best recipe for success! Particularly if they rarely happen... just start fresh right after it or the next day. Is okay. I forgive you 🍻 lol

In huge news: my husband just landed a permanent position working remote. A dream job for him. We are in shock.

The baby didn't sleep for me much yesterday, 2+1 hrs of sleep, but we started on cereal so that's kind of helping ground her habits a bit... she actually let me sleep 5.5 hrs!! Hurraaay! It was an act of kindness in celebration lol.

To save money we decided to stay where we are but I'm sorely tempted to find a place and finally settle! Motivation bug.... but moving is exhausting.... we shall see.

Apparently my husband told my mom that he didn't want me to worry about my weight until she's 6 months- cause he's worried I'm gonna wear myself out too much. Probably right ... so I'm kind of just coasting through these weeks. My back is still pretty stiff, likely because I walk with her around and she's getting to 12lbs. My plan once my mom leaves in 2 weeks will be to just try and get out to the park for more walks together. Start small n slow. Also get more healthy snacks instead of carbs n chocolate during work. It's always a fun time detoxing...

💃💃💃🥳🥳🤗🤗
    Here is to a great 2021!
  • laurenebargar
    And thanks to you and @HealthyTrent for the support I'm trying to get back on track today and not let the set back bother me too much. Sometimes I sugar binge when I'm stressed, but yesterday I was having a relaxing day no idea what triggered it

Yes I live in Buffalo! Are you? Im super excited for the game this weekend!
  • HealthyTrent
    Ooof - the last few days have been a bit rough - I've been feeling a lot of anxiety around today's inauguration, and then I'm also feeling a little anxious about starting meetings this week about the 2021 round for the scholarship we established in my late wife's memory. I'm glad we can honor her in this way, but it always stirs up lots of emotions and I've had to take a bit of a leadership role on the committee which I was hoping originally not to have to do. I think I was internalizing all this anxiety the last few days and letting myself eat way too much.

Anyways - I'm determined to get back to my new normal today - I've got my breakfast smoothie and coffee in front of me and am about to go downstairs for work. Salad w/chicken and soup for lunch, and then I guess I'll do a chicken wrap w/veggies in it for dinner. I didn't get up in time to walk beforehand, but will try and walk at least 15 minutes at work, and then get a few miles in after work.

@seschreck - I find meal prepping really helpful, too!
  • Gold6767

Yes I live in Buffalo! Are you? Im super excited for the game this weekend!

I'm from Buffalo!!! I live in Chicago now I am so excited I'm wearing Bills gear all week and having a COVID watch party for the AFC Championship on Sunday
  • HealthyTrent
    Struggle town continues this week. I think some part of me is rebelling against the menu I setup for the whole week ahead of time, combined with various causes of stress/anxiety. Today I'm going to just go with the flow, but not allow myself to eat after dinner. A few higher calorie days isn't a big deal, but I can't keep eating endlessly in the evenings, and that's when I've been struggling the most.

Hope folks are doing well!
  • tinybry
    tinybry Posts: 71 Member
    Evening all, I hope you are all well. I was really pleased to report a loss this week after 2 initial weeks of just staying pretty much steady, 2.4lb in total now, hooray, heading in the right direction (plenty more to go...).

@HealthyTrent I hear you, evenings can be the hardest and as someone who tends to use food to self sooth and at times finds myself eating in the manner of a naughty child doing something rebellious in sight of the adults. Not unpicked that one yet. As long as you know it's just a moment and it will pass and dont let it derail you, you will move on again 😊

@ClearNotCloudyMind that Madrid me laugh about your wellies. My best friend has some inherited from her Grandma that are too short to be that useful but she cant bring herself to waste them and buy new! Well my replacement bargain dunlops held up in some very deep field puddles today!

@Dukare amazing news about the job! Hopefully that gives your family some options now. I hear you about heavy baby carriers, my daughter was a lightweight and I carried her for 18 months, my son on the other hand was a lump! It was like carrying rocks and I had to stop around 6 months. Look after your back!

Hi to everyone else, hang in there and keep going! It's great to hear how everyone is doing.

Weve just invested in a new cross trainer (nothing fancy) to give us some options whilst its winter and we are only allowed out once a day. Trying to get out with the kids most days so fewer runs than usual so hopefully this will help keep me active (i don't find that i am very good at sticking to any home workout programme, but this one i can stick some Netflix on whilst i work out so fingers crossed!

Have a good weekend when it arrives everyone.
  • My name is Christopher and feels so good that I'm not alone. My goals is to lose 15 lbs then start putting on muscles. I know it won't happen over night and it takes a alot of effort and the right mind set. No excuses for myself and hope everyone else reach there goals as well.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Is it too late to join in? I’m back and in the same boat—I lost 44 pounds in 2019, counting calories and walking. Went from 174-130 and kept it off until I had a health scare and stopped counting. Sitting at 161 now, down from 172.
    I purchased a recumbent bike a couple weeks ago and find I love it.
  • melichalupa
    melichalupa Posts: 297 Member
    Check in:
    HELLO to the new faces of the group!!!
    Ok so I have been doing pretty ok this week and have exercised twice already. I’m going to try and get something in tomorrow before the weekend. Food wise I have been attempting to stick to some goals and have decided to be kinder to myself instead of so strict. But I am also trying to not my husband influence my food choices.
    This week’s struggle is: I hate throwing food out and end up eating all the half-leftovers my husband doesn’t take for lunch.
    Solution: I am going to cook less food and I am thinking of prepping two days in advance for myself only. He can deal with his own issues for now.
    I hope all is well and everyone is staying motivated!
  • ClearNotCloudyMind
    ClearNotCloudyMind Posts: 238 Member
    Hey everyone. So good to catch up with you. What is it about this week?! I’m so flipping HUNGRY all the time and starting to eat just makes me hungrier rather than taking the edge off.

On the upside I’m not gaining weight but I just need to accept that trying to hit 1200 cals a day just isn’t realistic at the moment. I haven’t managed it for over a week and maybe that’s my body trying to tell me that I’ve pushed it too hard.

At least I’ve managed to hold the line on biscuits. I’ve not raided the biscuit tin yet, but the fruit bowl has taken a pounding and the homemade marmalade is going down steadily!

So taking small wins and accepting slower weight loss in exchange for no wild binges. Maybe I’ll be able to up the pace once the hunger calms down.

@HealthyTrent the idea of a scholarship for your wife is such a lovely idea. What a way to keep her memory alive.

@Dukare thats brilliant about your husbands job! So happy for you. Mine is waiting to hear about a redundancy exercise at his work. Fingers crossed.

@tinybry love the idea of having something like a xtrainer or treadmill in the house but we got solar panels instead this year. If it would only stop raining then I’d be perfectly happy with our decision!!!

@christophercoronado and @workinonit1956 and @seschreck welcome and welcome!!!
  • roxinronni
    roxinronni Posts: 20 Member
    edited January 2021
    Hello, hello! I has been a while :smiley: Just wanted to say hi and while I have been busy and not checking in I have been consistently under calories and tracking for 12 days. I know this isn't anything colossal, but I am happy that I am starting to get back into the grove and able to hit my goals! Portion control is huge for me aka being accountable. I am making sure to pick more fresh not packaged items. I have also entered Hummus and veggie city, when I'm snacky I am trying to go for fresh or pickled veg, and making sure I track everything/measure and weigh my food.
    I have not been working out at all, but hoping to slowly add workouts back in. My goal this coming week is to be kinder to myself (yes cheesy af, but I'm too critical). I do not have to workout for an hour and a half every session, something is always better than nothing! It's about getting back to the workouts I love and staying consistent. I'm trying to put less pressure on myself to do things "perfectly", as this mindset always leads up to me quitting.