Strong Curves plus Upper Body

Options
So I’m wanting to start Strong Curves but I want to add in some upper body/specifically more back exercises.

Anyone else do Strong Curves and added in more as well since it kind of lacked in the upper body training?

Replies

• Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Not really. I completed the programs in the next book (Glute Lab) that also contained mostly compound upper body movements, and I've able to get a really strong bench press and unassisted pull-up, I know my upper body is getting really strong. I do, however, add in 1-2 accessory moves for biceps, triceps and shoulders at the end of my workout. So, Monday may be single arm seated curls, Wednesday a couple of triceps moves and Friday some delt work. If I had more time and didn't have other hobbies I'd do the more traditional upper/lower days with more focused glute work, but I just don't, and really I feel what I'm doing is enough for my goals. I also feel my upper body responds more quickly to training than my lower body too (shoulders especially), so I just don't need as much there.