Waiter Curls
    Goblet Squats
    Iso Dbell Deadlift
    Rope Squats
    Rope Curls
    Focused Rope Hamstring Pull-down
    Belted Calf Raises 3 x 18

Crazy 80 Abs
    Situps/Flutter Kicks/Supine Bike/Knee Tucks/Roman Chair Step Ups/Cable Crunches/Crunches/Mtn Climbers
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,953 Member
    Rowing machine, 3 x (2k on, 2' off/CD), total 6669m. Did piece #1 as warm-up, then worked on power (via higher meters per stroke). Piece #2 was entirely meters/stroke: 2:29.5 pace at 18spm, which took HR to around 85% (nearly all of that piece was in zone 4) and it felt hard. (Yeah, I know that's not super fast, but hey, I'm a 65 F lightweight, OK? 😆) Piece 3 back at moderate everything. Overall average, 2:32.6 pace, 19spm, average HR 70%-ish (including the "off" bits in that average).

After that, I did a Silver Sneakers resistance band video, plus a couple more joint mobility self-assessments (hip and ankle this time).
  • NunyaWest
    NunyaWest Posts: 87 Member
    Still easing back into working out with a back workout- how’d ya like that?
    But did achieve preliminary goal of deadlifting > body weight x 10
    I thought it was going to take longer to get there.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Swim fitness test #1 today:

Warmup 300yds easy, then 2 x(4x25 build)
    50yds at pace, 10 sec rest
    Test #1: 400yds
    Recover 4 minutes rest
    50yds at pace, 10 sec rest
    Test#2: 200yds
    cooldown 200
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Dumbbell bench press
    One arm dumbbell rows
    Lunges
    Stability ball leg curls
    1k row
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Jog / Sprint / Jog / Repeat

60 min's
  • Djproulx
    5k run test today. Warmup mile, 5k at threshold, cool down.

I don't have any speed yet, but this gives me a baseline for the next test in about 6-8 weeks.
  • alexmose2
    alexmose2 Posts: 208 Member
    third day of M&S 4Day DB only workout. Wow it took a lot out of me! I am still playing with my breakfasts prior to training and I am going to try more carbs, less fats tomorrow, even though I had only about 6g of fat today....that and way too much caffeine. Still got a good workout in, back is satisfied and I am sure my chest will be feeling it tomorrow.
  • JessAndreia
    2k row
  • JDMac82
    15 mins elliptical
    15 Pull-ups
    15 KBell Swing
    10 Squat Press
    50 Leg Tucks

12/6/10/5
    Shrugs
    Mil Press
    Bent Over Row
    Laterals
    Lat Pulls
    Rear Delt Fly
    Low Pulley Straight Bar Row
    V Bar Row
    Upright Row
    Front Delt Raises
    Rope to Face
    Iso Lat Pulldowns

Sinister Abs (70 reps)
    Situps/Flutter Kicks/Supine Bike/Knee Tucks/Rev Crunches/Cable Crunches/Crunches/Leg Tucks
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Shoulder day - upright row, overhead press, and lat raises. Also did quite a few squats (just body weight) - about 100.
    30 min cardio (elliptical trainer) and my step count is 14,000

Not a bad day
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,953 Member
    Another walk, 4.59mi at a comfortable trudge (3.3mph average according to Garmin - still a little stiff/slow, I guess).

Later, rowing machine, 1 x 1k with 2' row-out, 2:24.6 pace at 25spm on the piece.

That was kind of a warm up, after which I did another couple of Silver Sneakers self-assessments (standing & sitting posture), and a sort of stretchy video from the same source.

A few mini-snack exercise things through the day: Three sun salutations in AM, 3 x 15 of both standing hip abduction and adduction (using circular exercise tubing anchored to a heavy table's leg), 20 x side leg raises R & L.
  • Djproulx
    Easy 45 min recovery spin on bike today.
    Power profile test tomorrow.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Meeting up with the PT this afternoon.
  • alexmose2
    alexmose2 Posts: 208 Member
    Lower body M&S 4 day DB only program. Wow I thought it looked light on volume but I am beat!
  • JDMac82
    100 Fwd Jump Rope
    500m row
    60 sec Sprint
    500 m row
    90 sec sprint
    Stair Circuit (every/other/sideways L&R/ Bunny Hop)
    5 min run @ 8 mph
    500 meter row
    100 Jump Rope
    100 meter 180# Tire Flip
    100 Meter 80# Dbl Carry
    100 meter 180# Tire Drag
    Stair Circuit
    1 min FULL SEND SPRINT
    1k Row
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    25 minutes on the elliptical
  • JessAndreia
    Dumbbell RDLs
    Stability ball leg curls
    Dumbbell bench press
    Dumbbell shoulder press
    Decline bench sit-ups
  • Djproulx
    Did a power profile test on the bike trainer today. 75minute session.
    After a bunch of warm up drills, the test measured 5 min, 1 minute and 10 second max power output. The data is combined with results from the FTP test to develop my power zones for the next training block.

1000 yd swim speed test tomorrow, then back to regular training sessions next week.
  • jhanleybrown
    jhanleybrown Posts: 240 Member
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Hey...I got a Kikr Core for Christmas. I'm really enjoying it and highly recommend it. TR is nice on a smart trainer because you can put it on Erg mode and it auto adjusts power for you. Zwift is really fun in particular for longer indoor rides. I struggled to ride indoors for more than 60 min...but can do 2+ with Zwift...enjoying the group rides...anyway...I strongly recommend it. If you can fit it in your budget...I would go for it.

PS...i only did 3x5' VO2 today...then 30 min of Z2 recovery...oh well. Will do 4x5' next week and work up to 5x5'. I was up for 4 today but had a technical issue during my 3rd recovery which I took as a sign from above to bail the last two intervals. LOL. Gotta be gentle with yourself sometimes....

My coach gets a discount on Wahoo trainers, but he's telling me that supplies are very limited right now. Will see what he finds. I used and liked TR, but that was before I had a power meter. My primary interest in signing up for Zwift is to allow me to ride sections of different Ironman courses on my long ride days. I'm signed up for the Chattanooga race in Sept, so I may ride a few sections of that course this winter.

Good decision to call it after the 3rd VO2 interval. After all, you wouldn't want to corrupt the data. ;)

I'm looking at my first FTP effort tomorrow. Its the "beginner" version that includes two 8 minute max efforts, to be followed by a power profile test on Saturday. My next bike testing in 6-8 weeks will be the full 20 minute FTP effort.... can't wait.

Post how the FTP test goes. I've done the 20 min version about 4 times in the last year...hard. I probably should retest right now...but can't get myself to do it. I've liked doing it using the Peloton app with Matt Wilpers because he talks you through pacing while egging you on not to give up...

My outdoor riding group rode early today. Icy and I'm an ice wimp so I Zwifted indoors. Metric century in Z2 with Cadence pace group. Kind of a cheap metric but ill take it!!!