What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    While I do lurk this thread a lot, I also cook...from time to time. Here's a new-to-me dessert I made during Sunday's meal prep because I needed to get rid of some cornbread that was taking up space in my freezer.

Neither the alleged original name - "Mulatto’s Pudding" - nor one attributed during America's Reconstruction era - "Brown Betty" - sit well with me so I'm taking my hard-fought North American privilege in 2021 to rename it: "BBW"

Boozy, Bready, Wonderful

(And, yes, I do tend to research the history of foods I eat. Although I don't often rename them)

Essentially, it's a twist off of this recipe which called for an IPA but I used a Jamaican rum instead. I also used HALF the sugar and butter which makes this a perfect coffee or tea compliment, albeit high calorie at ~450 calories/serving. And that doesn't count the ice cream 😋

Left to Right: Dessert served with 1/3 cup salted caramel lactose-free ice cream (Natrel); fresh out of the oven

ux26zd3xis27.jpg

@MaltedTea - yum! I like your recipe name better!! And less sugar always sits good with me!
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Grilled grass fed beef patty, oven roasted baby red/white/purple potatoes w/olive oil and garlic and separately turnips w/olive oil. I prefer to have a fresh herb like sage, rosemary or thyme and thought I still had some sage but it turned out not to be the case so these were seasoned liberally with salt and pepper. I haven't had a turnip in quite a while and forgot how strong of a flavor they are. Not sure I would roast them again as I think they are better mashed like potatoes.

fm4s7qqbw47d.jpg

• My Turkey Stir Fry made from simple Ingredients. 👍🏽

7vqfazd1m2cq.jpg
    durh5dfz6iwk.png
  • LazyBlondeChef
    edited January 2021
    Marinara sauce with added Italian sausage over red lentil fusilli and kale caesar salad (from Josie's Organics). I thought the red lentil fusilli was the most pasta like of all of the gluten free alternatives I've tried. The nice thing is it's "fresh" rather than dried so it cooks in about two minutes. Texture was perfectly al dente with no graininess and there wasn't any lentil flavor. My partner said if I hadn't told him it was red lentil he would have thought it was regular wheat pasta. This is a win.

ik9bkudie33k.jpg
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    I am surprised that Cambodian beef lok lak is not a better known dish. I make it once every two months or so, but always think "I forgot how good this is". I don't miss not doing the optional rice.
    mg0ksiopincc.jpeg

• LazyBlondeChef
    Sockeye salmon, black rice, sautéed super greens (red & green swiss chard, tat soi, arugula & spinach).

q6dxb3cb5rde.jpg
  • jamespatten3576
    jamespatten3576 Posts: 71 Member
    hbunting86 wrote: »
    8293655342_5ab7466bb6.jpg

Chunky chili chicken soup

I'm sure that chili is delicious but it looks like it's been eaten once already