What is your FAVORITE thing about yourself?

Replies

• jessienani
    jessienani Posts: 60 Member
    height and lips. Personality-wise, I'm smart, driven and kinda funny

The whole package since "kinda funny" was thrown in there :)
  • joyanna2016
    joyanna2016 Posts: 323 Member
    My peacefulness (thanks Jesus!) and my sense of humor (thanks mom!)
  • My curiosity and my intelligence and my drive.

Physically I like having hiplength hair with silver threads, and I like having a build that is, underneath it all, generously curved with long legs. Or, as my boyfriend says, "Don't worry, honey, you're not going to lose your "kitten" when you lose weight."
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    I'd have to say that even though I'm introverted, I'm usually a genuinely friendly person. When I set a goal, I can be quite determined...sometimes too a fault, though. As I've gotten older I like that I've learned to set boundaries and say "no," something that took me a long time to learn. I also like that I'm pretty good at dance and can pick up routines pretty easily :) .

Physically, I've gotten the most compliments on my lips and butt, so I'd say those are my best physical features.
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    At 57 years of age a lot has changed but I still have my optimism and perseverance. They have carried me through 20 years of brittle diabetes including the loss of my right eye, kidneys and extensive nerve damage, a kidney /pancreas transplant and the resulting adhesion surgery and removal of 15 inches of small intestine, 3 near death experiences and the death of my long time boyfriend in December from Covid.

I am still here and still look forward to the next day and the future.

I hope it's not too embarrassing but can I say - you're my new hero? I hope one day to be able to say that I have that kind of drive and determination, and especially optimism.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    @Sand_TIger thank you for your kind words. You must be very determined yourself, with your impressive weight loss. I look forward to reading more of your progress and seeing the kitty photos. After the transplant, the doctors won't let me have cats any more so I live vicariously through the photos. Wishing you continued success on your health journey.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    my determination, that is why I think I have been successful keeping my weight off. Also been thru much in my life as I am sure ya have, divorce, adult kid problems and I have always been determined to look at the good stuff in my life and not dwell on the bad.
  • dianepenelope
    dianepenelope Posts: 18 Member
    I like my eyes. They are a light grey-blue irises with dark blue outline and I get a lot of compliments about them. I'm also happy with my skin, although I hate being so pale, but fake tan just looks so...fake. I just embrace the paleness now.
  • rosie1angel
    rosie1angel Posts: 11 Member
    My ears. lol
  • solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,159 Member
    My brain, and then body a bit for a 47-year old
  • jessienani
    jessienani Posts: 60 Member
    I like my eyes. They are a light grey-blue irises with dark blue outline and I get a lot of compliments about them. I'm also happy with my skin, although I hate being so pale, but fake tan just looks so...fake. I just embrace the paleness now.

Heck yeah! Embrace that paleness lol! And your eyes do sound really cool!
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    @Sand_TIger thank you for your kind words. You must be very determined yourself, with your impressive weight loss. I look forward to reading more of your progress and seeing the kitty photos. After the transplant, the doctors won't let me have cats any more so I live vicariously through the photos. Wishing you continued success on your health journey.

Oh my gosh! No kitties? So sad. Better to be alive though! I'll be sure and post more next time I do an update.

And as for the original thread, I actually thought of something I like about myself, physically. My forearms and hands. Love those. Especially now that veins are popping up.
  • oharras
    oharras Posts: 47 Member
    Self determination, ethics and independence....
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Physically, my favorite thing about myself is my height because I like being petite and also my brown eyes are my favorite physical trait about myself that I have learnt to love as as an adult but grew up wishing they were blue or green.

Emotionally and mentally it's that even on the worst of my days, which are still good, that I push through by staying hopeful whether it's through willed conscienceness or a natural effect, depending on the day.
  • clwilliams15
    clwilliams15 Posts: 7 Member
    I am my biggest and worst critic, however, the one thing I do like about myself is my hair. I have very thick, naturally curly hair.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!