protein

Has anyone else tried the Stripfast protein shakes and have you found them useful for weight loss?

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Based on the ingredient list, its a combination of whey proteins, very cheap sugar (maltodextrin) and every non effective "fat burner" supplement.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    The name Stripfast makes me cringe!
    Suggesting "eat this to lose weight fast" is sooooooo Diet Industry.

Giving it that daft name doesn't negate the calories in it.

If I want/need to supplement my protein then 30g of my protein powder mixed with 250ml of skimmed milk gives me a nice tasting milkshake with 35g of protein for 197 calories.
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    sijomial wrote: »

If I want/need to supplement my protein then 30g of my protein powder mixed with 250ml of skimmed milk gives me a nice tasting milkshake with 35g of protein for 197 calories.

Ooooo - what shake do you use? I'm just working out that I'm eating waaayyyy too little protein (like, 20g a day instead of the suggested 96g according to the IIFYM calculator.) That sounds like an easy win to add to my pea protein supplements in my porridge and soup every day...
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member

Ooooo - what shake do you use? I'm just working out that I'm eating waaayyyy too little protein (like, 20g a day instead of the suggested 96g according to the IIFYM calculator.) That sounds like an easy win to add to my pea protein supplements in my porridge and soup every day...

Are you sure you use correct database entries? May I ask what you eat throughout the day? I'm not super high on protein, but still get about 60-70gr each day without trying.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Never heard of it, so googled it.
    21 grams protein per 565 calories. Not a very good source of protein in my opinion. They do seem to have a multivitamin in every shake. I didn’t check the price, but I’m guessing you could do better.

Wow, just saw this, so will repeat my comment from another thread. A friend of mine in college used some protein shake that was supposed to help put on mass for those who had trouble keeping weight on (he was trying to build muscle), and so it was protein and higher cal. I just looked up what I think is a similar product and it (the powder) is 26 g of protein and 400 cals (called Mega Max). This product therefore has MORE cals than one intended for people trying to put on or maintain weight. What scammy marketing.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    yirara wrote: »

Are you sure you use correct database entries? May I ask what you eat throughout the day? I'm not super high on protein, but still get about 60-70gr each day without trying.

This is a good question. If you open your diary we could probably help. Are you vegetarian?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member

@skinnyrev2b

The Protein Works, this one is their Naked Whey Protein 90 Vanilla Velvet. It's sweetened with Stevia which I prefer to Sucralose (taste).
    Worth having a careful review of your food choices though as supplementation is really supposed to be a supplement rather than the main event.
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member

Thanks for being concerned enough to ask - I've gone back to my entries and I was about 40g a day usually, but have been edging up to 60g without supplements - thanks @sijomial , I'll defo keep that in mind - and am now pleasantly surprised to see I'm at about 80g with the pea protein, so maybe I'll just stick with that.

But yes, am vegetarian which makes it slightly more difficult. But not impossible as I'm discovering...

Sorry to hijack your post @CAT11469
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator

Thanks for being concerned enough to ask - I've gone back to my entries and I was about 40g a day usually, but have been edging up to 60g without supplements - thanks @sijomial , I'll defo keep that in mind - and am now pleasantly surprised to see I'm at about 80g with the pea protein, so maybe I'll just stick with that.

But yes, am vegetarian which makes it slightly more difficult. But not impossible as I'm discovering...

Sorry to hijack your post @CAT11469

Kaged Must has good products. They have a new plant based protein powder. If it's anything like their other products, it should taste pretty good