Females only - lifting/weight training results?

Replies

• kontehhalima
    kontehhalima Posts: 44 Member
    Omg you girls are amazing! I would love some advice. I'm on the skinnier spectrum but I gain weight relatively easy and I tend to gain on my upper body. I'm trying to do a bulk and gain some muscle around my butt, hips, and thighs for a curvier figure. So far I've gone from 35 to almost 37inches from September till now and my ultimate goal was to get to 38inches. Since I'm almost there I want to up my goal to 40inches by the summer. But im not sure if I'm mostly just gaining fat or muscle. I'd hate to keep going and then do a cut and lose all those gains around that area. What should I do?
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    @kontehhalima
    How much weight are you gaining per week, how much have you gained total? Measurements are one tool but using a variety such as weight, progress photos, how your clothes fit and workout performance will be helpful too
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Bump
  • nitalieben
    nitalieben Posts: 680 Member
    My new favourite thread!!! <3
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Love Women only threads I find them relatable and so incredibly empowering! <3
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,967 Member
    Pulled 355 lbs for THREE!!!

https://youtu.be/Qc-H8JKujV0

Whoah: Nice work, Quik

Like I said on that other thread, sleek and *strong*. I'm all swoon-y with admiration over here! 😍
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Pulled 355 lbs for THREE!!!

https://youtu.be/Qc-H8JKujV0

Incredible and impressive! WOW! Well done!
  • gelatinouscube
    gelatinouscube Posts: 92 Member
    I've been toying with lifting off and on for about 8 years. I am back on again, have been lifting 2-3x a week since November and watching my cals.

Celebrating my tricep/shoulder cut.

Absolute goals! What has your routine been like?

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Lots of new year's bumping.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,539 Member
    edited January 2021
    I've been toying with lifting off and on for about 8 years. I am back on again, have been lifting 2-3x a week since November and watching my cals.

Celebrating my tricep/shoulder cut.

Absolute goals! What has your routine been like?
    Thanks!

I am working the stronglifts program (5 sets of 5 reps.. Squats, bench, overhead press, deadlifts, back row, with some accessory lifts added for biceps, triceps, traps, abs.

I also try to box at least 1x week.

Eating at a mild deficit. (half pound a week)
  • stephaniek511
    stephaniek511 Posts: 86 Member
    Alright ladies, joining in here - I've always been a cardio hound (swimming, mainly) but as I age, appreciate the need for weights. I've started Strong Curves just this week with my (please don't laugh) 3lb dumbells. I'd really prefer not to join a gym, at least until things get more back to normal...so I welcome pointers on upping my game over the next few weeks.
  • Ara_the_halfelven
    Ara_the_halfelven Posts: 19 Member
    Alright ladies, joining in here - I've always been a cardio hound (swimming, mainly) but as I age, appreciate the need for weights. I've started Strong Curves just this week with my (please don't laugh) 3lb dumbells. I'd really prefer not to join a gym, at least until things get more back to normal...so I welcome pointers on upping my game over the next few weeks.

I wouldn't dream of laughing, when I started training I could only manage wall push ups and doorway pulls. We all start somewhere. I would recommend you start a proper beginners program. There are quite a few out there and they all tend to be very similar. I like the routines in WWW.AWORKOUTROUTINE.COM. The beginners program is free, but to make the most of it, you would be advised to get his Superior Muscle Growth document, it costs $37, so it's reasonable, but it explains how to progress, and discusses diet too.
  • Ara_the_halfelven
    Ara_the_halfelven Posts: 19 Member

I just wanted to add, that since you won't be starting with much equipment, exercises needing a bench can be done on the floor, and dumbbells can always be substituted for barbells initially.
  • mermaidthatlifts
    mermaidthatlifts Posts: 57 Member
    I've been training about 5 years. got really serious in the past year. add me for my progress pics! I love being inspired by others (: