30lbs to lose... Started AGAIN yesterday (Darn Lockdown Snacking)

Replies

• clutterqueen
    clutterqueen Posts: 1,652 Member
    Catherine, I’m sorry the cauliflower soup didn’t taste more appealing. Sometimes I tell myself the food doesn’t have to taste great to do good things for my body. But it sure helps! I hope you are able to catch up on some rest!
    Yes, I know what you mean about really being interested in the politics of another country. Some good friends of mine are Canadian( although they lived near me for years when I lived in S FL). They keep up with EVERYTHING that happens in US politics better than probably 98% of those of us who live here.
    I am with you, I am looking forward to seeing a peaceful transfer and the nation getting on with healing and facing the issues at hand( the virus, race relations, economy etc, etc).

Gabi, it sounds like you had two big wins in one day! What a healthy attitude-will this bother me in 2 years? Unfortunately, when I’m in the thick of something, I don’t think long term, but I need to!
    And you’re back in the green again! Awesome!

Katrina, hope you are having a good week!

Exercise:✅
    Tracked: ✅
    Under: ✅
    2+veggies✅

Tomorrow is a planned day to be over on calories! 🎉
  • clutterqueen
    Did anyone watch the inauguration celebration tonight? I thought it was great how they celebrated people from all walks of life. When they were thanking essential workers, the first guy they thanked was a trash collector, then the UPS delivery guy, cashiers in groceries... nurses, teachers, etc. They did such a good job showing a diverse group of people, white, black, Hispanic, Asian descent, Native American, physically disabled. I’m not a country music fan, but the Tim McGraw song( that Tyler somebody wrote) really had a timely message. What a great call to unity!

I took a pass day today!
  • clutterqueen
    It was much easier getting back on track today after taking a Pass day yesterday. Maybe because I was proactive and brushed my teeth as soon as I ate lunch and ate my salad early before my husband got home for dinner.

Hope everyone is having a good week!

Tracked:✅
    2+veggies✅
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Very nice Barb! Read about brushing after the meal we WANT to be the last meal, but ...my night snacking got in the way.
    I have this prescription rinse for gums health that my dentist gave me, and it is quite bitter. The sensation lingers for hours, even overnight, so maybe I’ll use it after diner . It doesn’t have to be every night, just on the ones when I feel the autopilot, engaging.
    Knowing me, I’ll be there in 6 months, not tonight 😁
    This week I had a busy with lots of annoying work issues, kind of week and yesterday I was thinking what if my norm is annoying and the regular work flow, is the exception?
  • clutterqueen
    You crack me up, Gabi-“What if my norm is annoying and the regular work flow is the exception?” Was that like an ephipany?
    Hopefully, you got all of the annoying issues out of the way for a while and next week is smooth sailing! But then, would you chance getting bored at work?
    I had a work dream last night even though I don’t work any more( at least until the pandemic is over. Then I WANT to work again, part time anyway). I dreamed it was the first day of school and all my little kindergarteners and their Moms were swarming into my classroom, and I had failed to set it up properly. In fact, the classroom had 3 exits and kids were randomly leaving. And I forgot to write and print my first day letter to the parents. At the end of the day I promised the parents I’d be more organized the next day and then realized I’d be up all night making that happen! This is funny because I was SUPER organized and prepared as a teacher.
    I guess I dreamed it because things started sounding a little hopeful or at least we have a plan for the virus, and I thought it might be nice to have a meaningful job again.
    Wow, major stress dream and I haven’t even APPLIED for a job yet!!
  • clutterqueen
    2+veggies✅
  • GabiV125
    Nice dream, interesting and dynamic , but what is impressive to me is that it lines up with your last work. I like the opposite version of your organized self. Mine, if I remember them, are just random and weird. For example I was really upset and called my friend to meet me for coffee and when she came, it was Jennifer Aniston. Not even a fan, I might add. Or weirder: was in the middle of leaving an out of office message ... in a language I do not speak .

I like your check marks and I think I’ll start too, considering that this weekend is mine and should mean something 😁
    Friday:
    Exercise ❌
    Under ❌
    Veggies ✅
  • thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
    Around here you're allowed to exercise a maximum of once per day, and you're allowed to do so with one other person, tops. Sitting is not allowed, especially if sitting and eating/drinking.

A friend of mine insisted she was going to run to my neck of the woods, so I met her not too far away and ended up hiking around town with her for hours. When I left her to run back home, I was dog-tired and about 4km away from my place. That sort of distance is nothing in London because in normal times, you'd jump on a bus or the tube or even a taxi, but right now, I'm trying to walk everywhere. I had a phone chat with my mom on the way home to distract me from the distance and catch up. Ended up hiking for 4 hours in total.

16k steps today. Crashed out in the evening for a few hours, but it hasn't helped me recharge at all, so I'm going to need a good long sleep overnight.

I can't remember my dreams from this week, but I did have one that was work-based and that I vaguely remember I could interpret easily at the time. My brain always uses dreams to work through things on my mind, they're never random! It's funny how you can't hold onto the thoughts though - it doesn't take long after you wake and you've largely forgotten what you were dreaming about unless you wrote it down. The brain does work in strange ways.

Disappointed with the scales this week given the deficit I know I made and the lack of chocolate biscuits. I've been quite accurate, so maybe my watch is starting to overestimate my burn and I need to make a wider gap between calories in and calories out. Onwards and upwards though, hey.
  • clutterqueen
    Gabi, ooh that’ll be nice if I’m not the only one making check marks each day!
    So...leaving an out of office message in a language you don’t speak- interesting dream!

Catherine, a 4 hour hike is impressive! So you all can’t sit outside at all? What happens if you get caught sitting?
    We have a mask mandate here but absolutely nothing happens to people who ignore it. Store managers are too afraid of being assaulted.
    I know you’re disappointed with the scales this week but knowing you’ve been logging accurately, I’d give it another week or two before changing anything. Sometimes when I was losing, I’d be so excited to step on the scale because I’d been so consistent, and then little to nothing. Then the next week I might not be so consistent but a 1 1/2 - 2 pound loss! The loss doesn’t always show up on schedule!

We went and looked at neighborhoods and lots today which is stressful for me. So I ate more chocolate than I needed and barely stayed under.

2+veggies❌
  • kcd394
    kcd394 Posts: 382 Member
    I keep trying to post messages but hit the wrong button and lose it all... lol anyway I'm still here. Have been kind of staying at maintenance this week. Scales still at 178.2 but after a long busy short-staffed week and that tom again I got a migraine this morning. Sadly I've been puking all day. Alternating small cat naps with puking on repeat. Feeling mostly better now.

I also got a flare up of plantar fasciitis this week as I was wearing my old shoes way too long. Bought new ones 2 months ago just hadn't swapped yet. After spending most of Wednesday on my feet in the clinic my left plantar fascia said "change your dang shoes lady!" So I had to ice my foot Wednesday night and was feeling a bit better by Friday with new shoes and less time on the feet.

Catherine, impressive step count! Its been many months since we went for a hike of that caliber. Little cold here for that now. Also plantar fasciitis...

Gabi I was impressed by your presence of mind to try and not let work annoyances get to you. Easier said than done, so well done. Also speaking foreign tongues in your dreams is interesting... perhaps your brain wants to learn a new language... lol

Barb I stress dream about work all the time but usually I forget it shorly after waking if I remember it at all. Sometimes I wanna hit snooze to finish the dream because I feel like I haven't finished my job to help the animal... lol

One good thing about this week is I started trying to get up a bit earlier so I don't feel rushed and can remember all the things in my morning routine, plus it gives me time to eat at a relaxed pace watching my fishes. I'm liking that so far despite not being a morning person. I also left a smallish pile of charts on Tuesday night to finish on Wednesday morning and that worked out fine. Makes me less stressed to know if there's a few I didn't get to and I'm exhausted I CAN leave them for the next day. Usually don't have something to see or look at til 815 or 830 anyway cause my techs are busy checking everyone in for surgery.

I was super under my calories goal for today and MFP yelled at me to eat more lol I managed a can of soup and a can of sprite totalling less than 600 calories today... breakfast all came up so I didn't count it. Hoping tomorrow is more relaxing despite I'm sure I'll have sore abs... goodnight all!
  • GabiV125
    Happy Sunday morning!
  • GabiV125
    Hit done too fast 😔
    Catherine-A 4h walk and a good catchup session with your friend, I confess, it sounds fantastic. No wonder you were exhausted. It’s good for your body to be tired, though- I know I’m not doing that enough and then my brain comes up with crazy scenarios in my sleep.
    I am amused that you were told not to sit outside. Here’s like Barb said, a gentle reminder.
    Not friends with my scale at the moment, either. In my case blame is somewhere in the middle, I messed up too, but she’s holding grudges and doesn’t reward a good stretch, either.

Katrina- speaking as a person that ignored her hurting shoulder for months, don’t do it! Take care of your feet the best you know, all the time!
    I like your couple extra minutes in the morning strategy to start the day not rushed and well fed. You say the scale is stuck, but this good plan would unstuck it soon, I’m sure of it. Sorry to hear about feeling sick and hope you’re resting and feel better today.
    I mentioned keeping my cool because I was so surprised it happened that one time, unlike all the other times when I only thought about it after the fact.

Barb- I need to be more consistent because I have this tendency in January to throw my hands in the air- I checked my last 3 years in FitBit history. I can blame the externals, and although they are really good excuses this time, they are still excuses. So I’m copying you here and in a while I may even come close to match your check marks.

Saturday:
    Exercise ❌
    Under ❌
    Veggies ✅
  • GabiV125
    Sunday:
    Exercise ✅
    Under-just about, so I put ⭕️
    Veggies ✅
  • clutterqueen
    Katrina, I am sorry to hear the ugly migraine has been giving you a fit again! ESP with vomiting, that is so painful! I hope that is all behind you now!
    And the plantar fasciitis is painful as well. I struggled with it a couple of years until I started taking turmeric daily. It’s a natural anti inflammatory. I take it every single day still!

I’m glad you’ve found that waking up a few minutes earlier helps you have a better relaxed morning! I’ve been trying to convince one of my daughters of that for years. The other daughter is an early bird. It’s not good to start the day stressed before you even GET TO WORK!

Catherine, did you recover from your massive hike?

Gabi, I know what you mean about being consistent. Unfortunately, lately I’ve focused so much on being under calories that I haven’t always focused on healthy. I’ve got to do a better job of it. My body deserves it!
    I saw your check marks tonight! Great job! What did you do for exercise?

My husband wanted to go look at neighborhoods and land for sale again today and I just couldn’t force myself to do it. He went without me. I stayed home and made chocolate fudge. It turned out great this time( I finally broke down and bought a candy thermometer because my other one is still in storage). I had to slice it and put in baggies in the freezer since my husband doesn’t want to take the rest to work ( this is the first time he said No when I asked him to take treats I made to work, but it has pecans and I’ve of the girls has a nut allergy. I’d even made a small dish of fudge without nuts with that in mind.). Oh well, hopefully I can forget about the fudge tomorrow!

Under:✅
    2+veggies❌
  • GabiV125
    Monday :
    Exercise ❌
    Under -cannot believe this but ✅
    Veggies ✅
    Today was my 49th birthday, the 125 from my name here, and it was a good and pleasant day with great takeout.
    Barb- my exercise for yesterday was an extra 4 miles walk. I take the dog out 4 times 15 minutes each, every day, and anything outside of that I count as exercise. None extra happened today because it rained and I had been on the phone for a while.
    I was never a birthday person, but this time I made an effort not to cringe when I first hear about it, and wait it out until it gets to be a regular conversation and enjoy that. So at 9pm, with some good talk done and a bellyful of cake, I must say that I feel ok.
    Ready for tomorrow and the day after that 🙂
  • clutterqueen
    A yucky rainy day all day here. I never left the apt! Good thing I have my spin bike, weights, kettle bells etc!

I made a nice homemade pasta fagioli for dinner. It’s the version without any meat, but has northern beans, ditalini noodles, chicken broth, basil and LOTS of fresh garlic! It is my husband’s absolute all time favorite! A good thing to have on a chilly, rainy day. When my daughter is around, I make it vegan with vegetable broth. And even more garlic!

Under:✅
    2+veggies✅
  • clutterqueen
    Happy birthday, Gabi!🎉

Wow, so all those days you say you don’t exercise, you actually get quite a bit!!!👏
  • kcd394
    kcd394 Posts: 382 Member
    Yeah Gabi, that bit you do that "doesn't count" is more than I get in all week sometimes... lol Happy birthday! Your takeout dishes sounded delicious! Also, I need a dog, and still can't have one cause we need a house... sigh. My time will come.

My feet are feeling better after a restful weekend. Still a little sore from saturday with any deep yawns or burps, and another headache reared its head when i took an appointment in very bright sun-shiny room with a window this afternoon, but took some meds and stopped it quick. Our two missing receptionists (one lost her stepdad and the other has been sick) were both back today so I'll say our clinic was able to function at full capacity today! What a relief to have all hands on deck. Still worked a bit late today, but nice to be fully staffed. Still pretty exhausted from the weekend so im going to bed early again.
  • GabiV125
    Barb- I’m intrigued with the pasta you made. I’ll look it up and try it this week. You’re looking again for properties- please have fun with it. It can be such an adventure, once we don’t attach any stress to it.
    Katrina- glad to hear your feet are feeling better. I wouldn’t worry because you don’t have a dog now, with your work your problem will be not to get too many dogs, after you find that big nice farm.
    So I have this Black Forest cake in the fridge and at dinner I did not have any because I had no more calories left for it. Never done the check and drop, before.

Tuesday:
    Exercise ❌
    Under ⭕️ Over calories but under maintenance by a hair
    Veggies ✅
  • clutterqueen
    Katrina, I’ve so glad you were able to head that last migraine off with the meds!
    Forget not having a house or land yet, I don’t know you’d find time for a dog with everything else you’ve got going on! But maybe having the dog will help you take some time for “yourself” as you take the dog for a walk every day!

Gabi, the pasta fagioli is really a soup. It just has the tiny ditalini noodles in it. The Italian restaurant we used to go to almost every Friday night when we lived in FL made it so yummy. I’ve tried it at other Italian restaurants and didn’t care for it. ESP don’t like it with ground beef, even back when I used to eat it. I think that’s how Olive Garden makes it. Anyway it’s very easy to make. You just chopped up a lot of fresh garlic. At least a good handful ( I also use some of Trader Joe’s frozen garlic) and sautée it in a little olive oil. Add a good bit of basil to it. I use dried, prob a teaspoon and a half. Meanwhile, boil a cup of ditalini noodles.
    In a big pot add a carton of chicken broth and 1 1/2 cans of northern beans. A little salt and pepper. Then add drained noodles and garlic. Bring to a boil for a few minutes and it’s good to go. The soup freezes well but I have to add more broth once I thaw it. The noodles absorb more of the broth when it’s in frig or freezer. I add butter and Parmesan cheese in the bowl before I pour my husband’s. I don’t put butter in mine because I like to have a roll with butter on that.

Yesterday I was feeling a little defeated. I found out my county has only vaccinated 10% of those 75 and up. I had hoped to have the vaccine by May so we could get on with things. That doesn’t look realistic right now.
    But then today the weather was GORGEOUS! I jogged outside and took off my light weight jacket!! On Sunday morning when I jogged, it was about 30 degrees. It’s going to be colder than that the next couple of times I jog. But just for today, I could enjoy
    the “warm” weather. I went to the lake and read for a few minutes, then came back and opened up the doors to the balcony for the rest of the afternoon. We have a pop up enclosed “clubhouse” for the cats so they can enjoy being on the balcony safely. We are afraid they might jump up to get a bird and fall( we are on third floor). We had screened in the balcony in our other apt( and had a gorgeous screened in porch at our house in NC) but we haven’t gotten around to screening this balcony yet.
    All of that was to say the weather gave me a nice reprieve in my feeling defeated last night.

Catherine, how are you doing with everything? I know I have it super easy compared to you! I can sit at the lake by myself without fear. What is the attitude of most people on your side of the pond? Is the new variant causing greater havoc? Do they feel there that the vaccine will protect against it?
    I read that the variant from Brazil is in our country now.

I was thinking about @MommaGemz today and wondering what she’s up to! I hope her family is healthy!

Under: ✅ (barely)
    2+veggies ❌ just under