WeightNoMore - January 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    minstrelofsarcasm
    January Week Three

Weigh In Day: Thursdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 168.0 (January 14th)
    CW (Current Weight): 168.0 (January 21st)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 66 lbs

I was honestly expecting an increase this week. Not because my eating has been poor, or because I haven't been exercising, but because of the sheer amount of water I know I'm retaining for muscle repair.

Food:

I've been on track, for the most part. There was one incident with a bag of veggie toasted ritz crackers that somehow disappeared over the course of two days and somehow wasn't logged properly in my food log and somehow led to me being insatiably thirsty via sodium intake. Somehow. But now that bag of crackers is gone, and my new binge threat is my bag of pretzels. For those of you unaware, pretzels are my crack. I even did a bit about eating pretzels with strawberry jelly in one of my blogs... Salty carbs make me weak.

Exercise:

Back in November, I signed up for a trial week at a functional training gym that was going to be opening on a date to be determined. I expected it would take longer than two months for this gym to open. But I committed myself to it. So I went to my first class on Tuesday morning, bright and early. It's been so long since I did any non-spin training, and my body is still recovering today. Admittedly, I haven't helped my body much, given I've attended two spin classes in the past 24 hours, and I'm going back to the functional training gym tomorrow morning.

I have an MRI scheduled for Saturday. Maybe I'm using all of these workouts to compensate for my insecurity about my health? (Welcome to my impromptu therapy session) Have I experienced any adverse MS symptoms? Absolutely. Do I think my condition is worsening? I don't think so. Honestly, I don't know.

Mindset:

I'm proud of myself for adding more strength training into my regimen. I feel like I've been stuck between 165 and 170 since I returned from France in September 2019, and I really hadn't thought much of it until I decided to reflect on my progress. The last time I was consistently below 165 (all the way down to my lowest weight of 156), I was attending OrangeTheory classes, which provided me with enough strength-based training to compliment the avalanche of cardio I was doing on the regular.

And the more I think about it, the more I realize that if I were to continue the path I'm on for long enough, I'd reach my goals without having a reasonable amount of muscle mass ("skinny-fat" as the kids call it). With a higher muscle mass and a lower body fat percentage, I would be able to burn more calories by merely existing, and still be able to carry all of my groceries up my stairs in one trip. Aesthetically, I think a little more muscle would suit me well. Not that I do this for aesthetics, but there's nothing wrong with wanting to like how you look.

Goals for Next Week:
    • Two strength workouts
    • Four spin classes
    • One or two cryotherapy sessions for recovery
    • Sunny days are for walks, cloudy days are for gentle yoga
    • Food is a mystery. But I do have a strange surplus of enchilada sauce, so that may be appearing on my menu this week (enchiladas, not just the sauce, I promise)
    • Aiming for a gallon of water per day
    • Listening to my body and making changes as needed
  • podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Hi all,

@tryingagain5 - wow, awesome loss, go you :)

@kandi3570 - sometimes there just seems to be no reason our bodies get 'stuck' at a certain weight, but eventually it will move, and hey, maybe even with a big drop at once! Hang in there x

@mxlaw90 - I constantly have issues with this site, it seems to be certain pages at once that go 'blippy'

@melaniedscott - hehe, good guess-stimating and good loss :)

Weigh in
    username - podperson1
    week - 3
    PW - 187.8
    CW - 186.2

I've been very good this week so was maybe hoping for a little more but TOM decided to start this morning so shall blame a bit on that. At least it's going back in the right direction!
    Think am having a bit of a day off today so having pizza for dinner and had a doughnut lol. Shall get back on plan tomorrow and try and fit my zumba class in later so hopefully should balance it out a bit :)
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    @podperson1 i hope you enjoyed your pizza and donuts.
    @tryingagain5 that was a nice loss. I’m glad you’re back.
    @minstrelofsarcasm I know I get discouraged easily. I’m working on that.
    I just got back from Walmart. I got more of my favorite nuts. I’m really going to try to ration them out this time. But they’re soo good. I took my calories back down. I think I’m going to try to stay between 1200 and 1300. I seem to do better there. I did have 2 days this week where I was over 18 but I was still in a deficit with the calories from my steps. Birthday cake. Chocolate with chocolate icing, homemade. I could have passed up a store bought cake. Or even a yellow cake. But, not a homemade chocolate cake. That can’t be done. 😁
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Week 3
    HW: 218.5
    PW: 176.8
    CW: 173.8
    LTD: 44.7

Nice to see the scale move by a little more than a few 0.1s! I have managed to cut back on my evening snacking (not totally in control, but didn't eat after 9pm on a number of days), but also tried to vary up my exercise. I had been concentrating alot on Cardio, but this week have also added some strength and flex. My steps however have been pitiful this week, one day barely getting over 2k. Working from home, plus homeschooling, kids after school activities plus poor weather has kept me inside. Will try to work on just getting up and moving about each hour, but is difficult to even remember to do when feeling so snowed under.

Thank you for the recipes. @melaniedscott Yum! I love food like that. Tried it this week and the sauce it makes is delicious. And as you say will works well with so many things. And @podperson1 - Kids will love this one! We have planned to make it on Monday (other half has requested pork sausages so I will make 2 as I have been loving veggie sausages recently in my attempt go increase number of meatless/plant based days). Fab loss btw - enjoy your treats today!

@1theresamcvean Thank you. Big hug right back at you. The year has gone by so quickly, but also feels a world away. And again another superb looking recipe. We do a red lentil and tomato curry occasionally, and never considered adding additional veg to it. And anything using the slow cooker gets extra points in my book! Will try this on our next curry night!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Sorry I’m late ... can I change my day to Wednesday going forward?

Not a problem! I'll have you shifted to Wednesday for next week.

Don’t kill me ... can I make it Friday?🙏🏽🙏🏽
    Sorry for all the back and forth just trying to create some routine for myself 😅

Nothing to worry about! We are here to provide support to you, regardless of what that may be. And if you're getting on the right track, we're succeeding.

@ljdanny - Sending love in your direction! Hope it's something easily remedied!

117.6 down about 3 pounds so YAY!

I'm assuming you mean 217.6, and not 117.6? :lol: Otherwise I will need to know how one could possibly lose almost 103lbs in a week. I wouldn't repeat it, but maybe steal some of the magic. :smirk:

ugh yeah.

that would be a miracle weightloss like something from the Doctor Who Episode with the adipose LOL

this week check in:

216.6 previous weight 217.6
  • podperson1
    Well, the scale this morning has actually gone down - maybe pizza and doughnuts are the key after all :D:D
    (In reality, I did zumba class yesterday and water weight/TOM fluctations, but hey, I can dream, right?)
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    kandi3570 wrote: »
    Birthday cake. Chocolate with chocolate icing, homemade. I could have passed up a store bought cake. Or even a yellow cake. But, not a homemade chocolate cake. That can’t be done. 😁

If anyone is capable of passing up homemade cake, please teach me your secrets. Please and thank you.

Will try to work on just getting up and moving about each hour, but is difficult to even remember to do when feeling so snowed under.

Firstly, fantastic loss!

As for remembering to move more throughout the day, I can only recommend adding a quick burst after each bathroom break. I started with 10 jumping jacks every time I come out of the bathroom, and upgraded that to 25 jumping jacks and 10 wall pushups. Given the high volume of water I consume, this adds up quickly. I don't always do it, of course, but when I remember, it's a wonderful way to break up sitting in front of my computer.

Sorry I’m late ... can I change my day to Wednesday going forward?

Not a problem! I'll have you shifted to Wednesday for next week.

Don’t kill me ... can I make it Friday?🙏🏽🙏🏽
    Sorry for all the back and forth just trying to create some routine for myself 😅

Nothing to worry about! We are here to provide support to you, regardless of what that may be. And if you're getting on the right track, we're succeeding.

@ljdanny - Sending love in your direction! Hope it's something easily remedied!

117.6 down about 3 pounds so YAY!

I'm assuming you mean 217.6, and not 117.6? :lol: Otherwise I will need to know how one could possibly lose almost 103lbs in a week. I wouldn't repeat it, but maybe steal some of the magic. :smirk:

that would be a miracle weightloss like something from the Doctor Who Episode with the adipose LOL

I remember watching that episode the first time, and my goodness how I wished for some of that power in a controllable form. I would love to drop exactly a kilo overnight at will. Oh, one could dream. But, knowing my luck, that weight would be an organ or muscle or something more useful than my unhealthy fat.

podperson1 wrote: »
    Well, the scale this morning has actually gone down - maybe pizza and doughnuts are the key after all :D:D
    (In reality, I did zumba class yesterday and water weight/TOM fluctations, but hey, I can dream, right?)

If pizza and doughnuts keep you from binge eating something else, they are most definitely the key. I discovered that complaining about not losing weight is my surefire way of actually losing weight (or at least, that's what I tell myself).
  • podperson1
    @minstrelofsarcasm - I'm trying to 'control' the binges to a certain extent. Had a complete pizza craving yesterday and while I would normally order takeaway - so get loads of food, all fried/greasy etc - then I had a thin base oven pizza and a choccy doughnut. So taking the exercise off (which tbh I don't normally) then I'm still at only the top end of my recommended calories. And now I'm not tempted by leftovers in the fridge so back on plan today :)
  • bumpbreakcar
    bumpbreakcar Posts: 191 Member

Weigh In Day: Friday’s now
    PW (Previous Weight): 149 (January 10th ..I think)
    CW (Current Weight): 148.5
    HW (Highest Weight): 155

Officially in the 140’s now
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 134.0
    Today's weight: 135.0
    Weekly Steps: 54,445
  • BlueSkyNomad
    BlueSkyNomad Posts: 61 Member
    BlueSkyNomad
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW: 212.7
    CW: 210.3
    LTD: 4.4

Steps:
    7525 16 Jan
    10664 17 Jan
    11176 18 Jan
    6775 19 Jan
    7081 20 Jan
    3489 21 Jan
    5025 22 Jan
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 934 Member
    tryingagain5
    Wednesday
    Week 3
    PW: 215.4
    CW: 210.0
    Loss: 5.4

Whoa! Great weigh-in, Linda. :blush:
  • 1theresamcvean

@kandi3570 Vigorously cracks me up. Just ask @minstrelofsarcasm

That's exactly the reason why I haven't changed to a different label whenever I go to spin class! MFP has a few different options, but I think that "vigorous" is the most amusing thing to imagine, as if I'm aggressively grinding away on that stationary bike.

tenor.gif
    Great visual, Ashley!
  • 1theresamcvean
    pacsnc6 wrote: »
    pacsnc6
    Week 3
    pw: 161.3
    cw: 159.3

How did that happen? I expected to gain after eating high sodium foods all week! I'll take it though, finally below 160 again.

Great weigh-in, Patsy. :blush:
  • 1theresamcvean

And the more I think about it, the more I realize that if I were to continue the path I'm on for long enough, I'd reach my goals without having a reasonable amount of muscle mass ("skinny-fat" as the kids call it). With a higher muscle mass and a lower body fat percentage, I would be able to burn more calories by merely existing, and still be able to carry all of my groceries up my stairs in one trip. Aesthetically, I think a little more muscle would suit me well. Not that I do this for aesthetics, but there's nothing wrong with wanting to like how you look.

Aren't you the one who taught me all about this body recomposition, Ashley? Looking strong is good.
  • 1theresamcvean
    podperson1 wrote: »

Weigh in
    username - podperson1
    week - 3
    PW - 187.8
    CW - 186.2

I've been very good this week so was maybe hoping for a little more but TOM decided to start this morning so shall blame a bit on that. At least it's going back in the right direction!
    Think am having a bit of a day off today so having pizza for dinner and had a doughnut lol. Shall get back on plan tomorrow and try and fit my zumba class in later so hopefully should balance it out a bit :)

Great weigh-in, Shelli! :blush:

• 1theresamcvean
    Week 3
    HW: 218.5
    PW: 176.8
    CW: 173.8
    LTD: 44.7

Nice to see the scale move by a little more than a few 0.1s! I have managed to cut back on my evening snacking (not totally in control, but didn't eat after 9pm on a number of days), but also tried to vary up my exercise. I had been concentrating alot on Cardio, but this week have also added some strength and flex. My steps however have been pitiful this week, one day barely getting over 2k. Working from home, plus homeschooling, kids after school activities plus poor weather has kept me inside. Will try to work on just getting up and moving about each hour, but is difficult to even remember to do when feeling so snowed under.

Thank you for the recipes. @melaniedscott Yum! I love food like that. Tried it this week and the sauce it makes is delicious. And as you say will works well with so many things. And @podperson1 - Kids will love this one! We have planned to make it on Monday (other half has requested pork sausages so I will make 2 as I have been loving veggie sausages recently in my attempt go increase number of meatless/plant based days). Fab loss btw - enjoy your treats today!

@1theresamcvean Thank you. Big hug right back at you. The year has gone by so quickly, but also feels a world away. And again another superb looking recipe. We do a red lentil and tomato curry occasionally, and never considered adding additional veg to it. And anything using the slow cooker gets extra points in my book! Will try this on our next curry night!

Great weigh-in, Lisa. I should try red lentil and tomato curry. Does it have coconut milk? If so, yuummm.
  • 1theresamcvean
    BlueSkyNomad
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW: 212.7
    CW: 210.3
    LTD: 4.4

Steps:
    7525 16 Jan
    10664 17 Jan
    11176 18 Jan
    6775 19 Jan