January Goal Weight: 61g
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 55-57kg

Dec 31: 62.8kg
    Jan 8: 61.5kg
    Jan 15: 61.8kg
    Jan 23: 61.4kg
    Jan 29:
    Jan 31:

Managed to create a bit of a deficit each day, but not always in the 300-500kcal range I’ve been aiming for. If I want to reach my monthly goal I probably need to stick to a 500kcal deficit more regularly.

The body I see in the mirror has changed so much since my start weight... although the start weight body only got a passing glance from me whereas I look properly now. 😂

The good thing is that ANY deficit still means you're burning stored fat and losing weight. Even if you "only" had a 250 calorie deficit every day, in a year you would lose almost 12Kg. That means the 6Kg you're looking to get to your goal could be as soon as June, even with a "smaller" deficit of 250 calories per day.

Just be sure to recalculate your calorie goal as you lose. It decreases because it takes less work to move yourself around when there's less of you to move around.
  • TayaCurragh
    TayaCurragh Posts: 709 Member
    January Start Weight: 158.4
    January Goal Weight: 152
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 127

5th: 158.6
    9th: 156
    16th: 154.5
    23rd: 153.8
    30th:

Didn't do so well this week, was hoping to make 153.8 but was 0.2 off! Had a bad 2 days for personal reasons so at least I know where I went wrong. I'm not going to write off getting to my January goal, but I won't be too hard on myself if I don't quite make it.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    mtaratoot wrote: »

Just be sure to recalculate your calorie goal as you lose. It decreases because it takes less work to move yourself around when there's less of you to move around.

Does MyFitnessPal not do that automatically as your weight goes down? I feel like the initial calories per day have been going down gradually (I have it set to sedentary maintenance and let my FitBit add the extra calories).
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,106 Member
    Oishii wrote: »

Does MyFitnessPal not do that automatically as your weight goes down? I feel like the initial calories per day have been going down gradually (I have it set to sedentary maintenance and let my FitBit add the extra calories).

It does not.

You set a calorie goal by using the tool and either using what it spits out or modifying it for your circumstances. You need to go back and run the goal tool as you lose weight. Your goal won't change just from entering your new weight into MFP.
  • mtaratoot
    edited January 2021
    I can't find my original post I wish there was a way that you could see what you wrote but I can't remember what I sent my January goal as but I think it was a bit High after seeing other people's goals and I need to be happy with small changes so I'm going to change it.

Starting weight 368.5 lbs
    January Goal weight : 358 lbs
    Ultimate goal weight : 180lbs

Jan 1 - 368.5
    Jan 8 - 360.3
    Jan 15 - 358.8
    Jan 22 -359.6
    Jan 29

@celticria46

Near the top of each page in the Community forums, there's a link called "SEARCH." Click that. You can search for a term you know you used, or you can use the little arrow inside the search bar to see more options. Scroll down to where it says AUTHOR. Start entering your username. When your full username shows up, click it. You can limit the search to different time periods near the bottom.

Or you could save your text in a text editor. That's what I do. For Windows, it's called "Notepad." Then I update it each week.
  • Oishii
    edited January 2021
    It does not.

You set a calorie goal by using the tool and either using what it spits out or modifying it for your circumstances. You need to go back and run the goal tool as you lose weight. Your goal won't change just from entering your new weight into MFP.

If I look in goals or settings it has automatically changed, there is no reset button or similar.

Scrap that... I googled. Stupid system. I don’t think I’ll bother with that unless I stop losing.

(Added context: I’ve always lost more weight than MyFitnessPal would predict.)
  • mtaratoot
    It does not.

If I look in goals or settings it has automatically changed, there is no reset button or similar.

Scrap that... I googled. Stupid system. I don’t think I’ll bother with that unless I stop losing.

When you are on your goas page, you can click on "edit" to edit your goal. It won't change on its own. Your DAILY goal will change as you add exercise or other activity. So, on your goal page, there's a link at the top for "View Guided Setup." If you go to THAT page and enter your current weight (it should already be there if you logged your weight that day/week), set the other parameters, like how active and how much you want to lose (or maintain or gain), then click "Update Diary." Your new goal will appear.

You can use this to your advantage. Enter your goal weight as your current weight and select "maintain current weight." This will tell you how many calories you can eat when you get to your goal. The great part about that is even if you eat at this level NOW, you will slowly lose until you get to the goal weight. You can lose faster by putting in a deficit. When you're done exploring, go back and set your goal to the level you want.

After I use MFP to tell me my goal, I manually enter a slightly different number for my goal because it's a palindrome and is really close. And I'm a doofus.

Use any or all tools available on MFP. It's your journey. Enjoy it!
  • seeahill
    seeahill Posts: 56 Member
    March 1, 2020: 243.8
    January Start Weight: 229.9
    January Goal Weight: 225
    Ultimate Goal Weight:205

Jan1: 229.9
    Jan 8: 228.6
    Jan 15: 228.2
    Jan 24: 228.5
    Jan 29:
    Jan 31:
  • LovelyRosie
    LovelyRosie Posts: 40 Member
    January Start Weight: 175.6
    January Goal Weight: 160.6
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 135

Jan1 : (late start)
    Jan 10: 175.6
    Jan 17: 173.4
    Jan 24: 172.8 🙄
    Jan 31:
  • bpatriquin24
    bpatriquin24 Posts: 41 Member
    Jan1 : 209.6
    Jan 8: 206.3 Issues w/ night snacking. Started to exercise.
    Jan 15:
    Jan 24:210 UGH-- feeling discouraged.
    Jan 29:
    Jan 31

Don’t give up- it happens to all of us.
    Keep going!
  • Oishii
    It does not.

When you are on your goas page, you can click on "edit" to edit your goal. It won't change on its own. Your DAILY goal will change as you add exercise or other activity. So, on your goal page, there's a link at the top for "View Guided Setup." If you go to THAT page and enter your current weight (it should already be there if you logged your weight that day/week), set the other parameters, like how active and how much you want to lose (or maintain or gain), then click "Update Diary." Your new goal will appear.

You can use this to your advantage. Enter your goal weight as your current weight and select "maintain current weight." This will tell you how many calories you can eat when you get to your goal. The great part about that is even if you eat at this level NOW, you will slowly lose until you get to the goal weight. You can lose faster by putting in a deficit. When you're done exploring, go back and set your goal to the level you want.

After I use MFP to tell me my goal, I manually enter a slightly different number for my goal because it's a palindrome and is really close. And I'm a doofus.

Use any or all tools available on MFP. It's your journey. Enjoy it!

Having said I wouldn’t do it, I did, and it took off 200kcal, so I’ll be aiming for 300kcal deficit now.

More background: the first time I used MyFitnessPal (10 years ago!) was the first time I became anaemic, so I am very wary of reducing calories too far. The 1200kcal plus exercise I was recommended was way off and my weight dropped too rapidly, even though I’d come to MyFitnessPal to try to lose weight more slowly having already lost most of what I wanted to lose. To maintain at 55kg I ended up eating 2400kcal plus exercise calories. I doubt I need that many 10 years later, but I do know I need to tailor my calories to my reality.