What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Grilled pork chop, salad of romaine, purple cabbage, green olives, olive oil & balsamico, acorn squash with seasoning of curry power, garlic salt, pepper & butter. I haven't had acorn squash since I was a kid because I never liked it back then but decided to give it a try again. I like it OK though I like butternut more.

1afrvhog6loy.jpg

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    @LazyBlondeChef While I don't buy acorn squash often either, I do find that using them as bowls for proteins (like ground beef, shredded meats, etc) makes it fun.

Basically, all the recipes people use for stuffed peppers can work for this squash!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    Salad with pears, St Agur, candied nuts, and vinaigrette followed by risotto with ham, peas and parmesan which is probably more Anglican than Italian. Finally using up the last of the Christmas leftovers with the gammon from Xmas Eve and the stock made from the goose carcass from Xmas day.
    ng9digc82dvg.jpeg
    t2vhyxc99d1q.jpeg
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    Starter of our standard salad with pears, blue cheese and candied nuts. Main of pan fried cod with a blow torched topping of leftover Xmas cranberry sauce blitzed with red wine. Air fryer panisse with homemade ketchup I pulled out of the freezer. Belgian endive braised in the dutch fashion with a little ginger preserve and lemon which offsets the bitterness nicely.
    gb4hkiis1upe.jpeg
    1fg2j2hztkx2.jpeg
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Frittata w grated zucchini, onion, and mushrooms.tr16wf73bpgs.jpg
  • MaltedTea
    qzbaet4xk9py.jpeg

Caribbean Veggie Pattie (dang, that pastry is hard to work with!), Jamaican Rice ‘N’ Peas and salad. Was very spicy but delicious! 🌶🌶

Looks great! Do you have a recipe for the patty? Never thought to make them 😱
  • gbrenee
    gbrenee Posts: 6 Member
    ajml5o1bmvnx.jpeg
    05mcv12ny46e.jpeg

I made a vegetarian pasta bake yesterday that has yellow squash, zucchini and shredded carrots in it. I used healthy marinara and alfredo sauce, fat free mozzarella cheese. I also used tri color rotini pasta. I used bread crumbs, but will omit them when I make another batch.

For lunch today I had a veggie sandwich with homemade sweet potato wedges.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    qzbaet4xk9py.jpeg

Caribbean Veggie Pattie (dang, that pastry is hard to work with!), Jamaican Rice ‘N’ Peas and salad. Was very spicy but delicious! 🌶🌶

This is the one I used, because I was inspired by the TV show I was watching!

https://thegreatbritishbakeoff.co.uk/recipes/all/liam-charles-caribbean-patties/

The filling is a keeper, for sure, I may try a different recipe for the pastry another time, because I’m not 100% convinced it’s right.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    qzbaet4xk9py.jpeg

This is the one I used, because I was inspired by the TV show I was watching!

https://thegreatbritishbakeoff.co.uk/recipes/all/liam-charles-caribbean-patties/

The filling is a keeper, for sure, I may try a different recipe for the pastry another time, because I’m not 100% convinced it’s right.

(...clicks to site...)

"Difficulty: Needs skill"

(reads steps and gets to...)

"Step 2: Make the pastry."

Wut? That's all I get? I'm a goner, for sure lol Thank you for the link! It looks like a fun learning process, regardless! When I attempt, I'll post...assuming I get past Step 2.
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    zyzzdj3cq6go.jpeg

w09tb1lokcrl.jpeg

My husband made coffee cake this morning. It’s not often I get to sit back with a piece of fresh coffee cake and my favorite coffee on a Sunday.

And it’s not a looker but I made avgolemono for dinner. Calling it a soup was a bit generous; this was more of a porridge. Next time I’ll make a couple tweaks to the recipe but despite that it was SO good. My first time tempering eggs too!
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited January 2021
    Another wild boar sauce with red lentil pasta. Salad of romaine, red cabbage, olives, sunflower seeds, blanched almonds and Primal Kitchen Caesar dressing which isn't very Caesar like but works. Also red wine (same as used in the sauce).

0k1mjwg7l9wm.jpg

gvvpgpxupzir.jpg