What’s a red flag for you?

Replies

• happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    If it takes her more than two bites to realize it is dog food
  • twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member

I once joked with my kids that the refried beans was cat food and now they won’t try it.
  • happimess01

I once joked with my kids that the refried beans was cat food and now they won’t try it.

proud of you
  • twitchandshout

proud of you
    Aww shucks
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Whining :|
  • happimess01
    If they ask stuff like "What kind of animal best describes you?"
  • 5ofseven
    5ofseven Posts: 791 Member
    edited January 2021
    Using PC terminology

Making fun of PC terminology

Most of us live in the middle
  • 5ofseven
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    5ofseven wrote: »
    Using PC terminology

This is a statement of first world privilege and if you can't recognize that not only are you not woke but you have chosen to be co-opted by the same colonialized, male-run institutions which seek nothing but your downfall.

How'd I do? 🤣😭

Not sure, my alarm is set for later.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    When I’m standing outside the action watching repeated patterns of bad behavior and I’m powerless to stop it because people are shady af.

So... that sums up the whole of humanity, honestly.

• KosmosKitten
    edited January 2021
    Using PC terminology

... I use that terminology because that is what was asked of me by persons who would otherwise be impacted negatively by the non-PC language that was in use.

I can't imagine living a life in which you can't acknowledge that change occurs, that things that were once seen as non-offensive (only by people who weren't affected, I have to add) have become so and that language has meaning and connotation and with that language can HURT people. :(
  • twitchandshout
    When I’m standing outside the action watching repeated patterns of bad behavior and I’m powerless to stop it because people are shady af.

So... that sums up the whole of humanity, honestly.

Yes
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    oc8kdyu7xano.jpeg
  • 5ofseven
    Using PC terminology

... I use that terminology because that is what was asked of me by persons who would otherwise be impacted negatively by the non-PC language that was in use.

I can't imagine living a life in which you can't acknowledge that change occurs, that things that were once seen as non-offensive (only by people who weren't affected, I have to add) have become so and that language has meaning and connotation and with that language can HURT people. :(

Feel free to continue as you think you should. While you do that, notice that there were three statements rather than one. Perhaps the first could be better rephrased to "insisting on" PC terminology.
  • KosmosKitten
    Using PC terminology

Feel free to continue as you think you should. While you do that, notice that there were three statements rather than one. Perhaps the first could be better rephrased to "insisting on" PC terminology.

Fair enough. Sometimes, a line is crossed, I'm thinking in particular of certain groups online that demand something be said/done and then get offended when anyone doesn't just take them at face value or kowtow to their desires (even when some of them get ridiculous).

You might want to clarify what you mean by "most of us live in the middle". If you mean that most people are not extreme one way or the other (in anything, not just politics where I hear this most often), then yes, of course I would agree with you. Otherwise, clarification would be useful, I suppose.

I hope you did not take this as a slight against you. I did notice your second use "Making fun of PC terminology". I was mostly agreeing with the point that I could not imagine not understanding how certain terms or jokes couldn't affect certain portions of the population, even if at one point in time, they were seen as acceptable. :heart:
  • woollenmonarch
    woollenmonarch Posts: 152 Member
    Using PC terminology

Fair enough. Sometimes, a line is crossed, I'm thinking in particular of certain groups online that demand something be said/done and then get offended when anyone doesn't just take them at face value or kowtow to their desires (even when some of them get ridiculous).

You might want to clarify what you mean by "most of us live in the middle". If you mean that most people are not extreme one way or the other (in anything, not just politics where I hear this most often), then yes, of course I would agree with you. Otherwise, clarification would be useful, I suppose.

I hope you did not take this as a slight against you. I did notice your second use "Making fun of PC terminology". I was mostly agreeing with the point that I could not imagine not understanding how certain terms or jokes couldn't affect certain portions of the population, even if at one point in time, they were seen as acceptable. :heart:
    Marry me?
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    @5ofseven
    Excellent points of view. I wish I could sit you down opposite my brother who is as close minded as anyone I've ever witnessed. His letters to the editor are always getting rebuttals. And whenever anybody asks me now if he's my brother, I'm very reluctant to admit the relation. But then I doubt your good sense would open his eyes either.
    Anyways.....
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited January 2021
    The one-uppers always bring me down. Or closed minds. Or everything is seriously serious. Or someone who does a complete 180 in their personality and character traits, after you fall for them. Or bragging! I don't mind people who do it but also care enough to listen to your accomplishments as well but when they tune you out completely and keep on selling themselves.