I have Covid 19

1235»

Replies

• LisaGetsMoving
    LisaGetsMoving Posts: 664 Member
    I've noticed that sometimes people hit the disagree button just because they don't like what was said. Don't worry about it. You'll never know who it was or what their motivation is or what specifically they disagreed with, or if you do you might not want to know who it was or what their motivation was. Especially if someone runs everything through a political partisan lens. Just let it go.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Lynnberge1 wrote: »
    I disagree. This country handled it poorly from day 1. Could have and still could do so much better.

How so? My state Gov (WA) did a pretty good job.
  • Took it serious from the beginning followed all the rules and extra ones, I didn't work because I stayed home to be a full time caregiver to my mom who has been sick for 4 years now, parkinson and dementia.

At first I thought we both caught a cold until her doctor said we should test her for covid, it came back positive for covid pneumonia for both of us and as of yesterday she is in the hospital and I'm at home.

No one at the hospital to support her from the family, she is confused and without us. The medical team seem nice and like their doing everything they can for her.

But this is so scary things will never be the same going forward, how can you fight off a disease like this and not get it again if you survive need to work, go to the grocery store and pharmacy just the basics.

The nurse said to me after I quarantine I need to order everything because more than likely I got it in one of these places just walking by someone.

More worried about my mom then myself.

I used gloves, sanitizer, mask stayed home 90 percent of the time. What else could we do.

So sorry to hear you got the virus. It is mild for most people and extremely serious for others.

It’s been a few weeks since your original post. How are you doing? How is your mom doing?

Take care
  • stevehenderson776
    stevehenderson776 Posts: 324 Member
    Lynnberge1 wrote: »
    I disagree. This country handled it poorly from day 1. Could have and still could do so much better.

For the first couple of months my countries top health authority was of the opinion that people wearing masks would increase transmissions and recommended against their use. So it could always be worse.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Yes I've kind of figured that out now thank you Red.