Probiotics

Fit_Skywalker
Fit_Skywalker Posts: 12 Member
edited April 2022 in Food and Nutrition
Hi all,

I'm looking for a good probiotic to take daily. Any suggestions?

Many thanks.
Tagged:

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    What are you looking for probiotics to help you with? Their indications aren't infinite so knowing your "end goal" would help folks make potential suggestions for you.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    I use align. My reasons are just to keep things moving. I’m older and despite exercise this has become an issue for me. My son’s doc recommended it for him so that’s why I chose it. It’s expensive though. Costco has the best price here in Canada.
  • whoami67
    whoami67 Posts: 297 Member
    I use BioKult. I used to special order it from the doctor who formulated it and pay a fortune, but now they sell it cheaply at Walmart. I've tried quite a few probiotics and I keep coming back to this one. It keeps me regular, keeps me healthy and eliminates my allergies.
  • gigius72
    gigius72 Posts: 183 Member
    Food.
    There is really no need of probiotics unless you have run a set of antibiotics. Each food feeds a different type of bacteria. You'll never find a probiotic pill that contains them all. Just eat a big variety of foods.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I get pb8, usually from vitacost.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Or this one from Amazon. Currently unavailable, unfortunately.2a9d2y4ir8dv.png
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    I think people are very individual on this. I have good luck with Pearls. My spouse likes Culturelle. I'm on GERD medicine which unfortunately interferes with my microbiome. My spouse is on a daily low dose antibiotic which obviously does the same.

Prior to these medications we only took probiotics under specific situations (course of antibiotics, after colonoscopy or intestinal illness, etc).

You may have to test some to see what helps you. Good luck!
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    Kombucha and yogurt, seriously. Since I started drinking Kombucha once daily, I feel that has helped better than anything. Not perfect by any means, but better for sure.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    edited January 2021
    I don’t take probiotics daily. After antibiotics, on a trip to Mexico, when my tummy complains. I buy whatever is cheap/on sale. That’s all it takes to get me feeling better, so why do more? I do like prebiotic and probiotic foods and eat them regularly because I like them.