Weight loss slower

I have been using my fitness pal since June 2020. I am 4lb off my goal weight and I am finding it really hard to lose it. Eating the same food but more walking and only lost 1lb compared to 4lb the previous week, so disheartening getting on the scales each week. 😣 Has anyone any advice?

Replies

• sandymurph3
    sandymurph3 Posts: 2 Member
    Thank you both for your advice. Will definitely take suggestions on board.
    After 3 stone down I do feel great, but I still have another stone to lose as the 4lb is to my first goal. I know I'll get there but it's a really slow process now.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    If you don’t currently use a food scale, start.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    with only 4 pounds to go, you should target a half a pound per week. and it wont be linear. it will be a zig zag of up and down. Also, weighing EVERYTHING on a food scale and meticulous logging is needed. every bit of oil, every gram of anything.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,168 Member
    Thank you both for your advice. Will definitely take suggestions on board.
    After 3 stone down I do feel great, but I still have another stone to lose as the 4lb is to my first goal. I know I'll get there but it's a really slow process now.

Ah. I see. The four pounds to go is an intermediate goal. Well, congratulations for setting intermediate goals so you have little mini success stories.

One other thing that helped me, and still does, is to use a weight trending graph. You can do it yourself or use an app. The one that I like best for graphics is TrendWeight. The thing I don't like is you have to enter your data on a different site unless you have a Fitbit device or a Fitbit scale.

Another one I use is Weight Grapher. It has a feature you can turn on that also shows your weight trend from 28 days ago to help eliminate the stress from monthly cycles if you are a woman that has them.

The idea is that your day-to-day mass will go up and down a LOT and will mask what's really going on. The trends use a special kind of averaging that actually do give a higher importance to more recent data that ten-day-old data; it's called a weighted moving average. More information about this, if you're interested, is in The Hacker's Diet. Specifically the section on signal `and noise.

• Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    how is 5 lbs in two weeks not something to be happy with?
    Don't be so hard on yourself.