Suits

Replies

• woollenmonarch
    woollenmonarch Posts: 152 Member
    edited January 2021
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Only poor people and Washington politicians wear suits nowadays, esp in a post pandemic world 😁

My suits are gathering dust in the wardrobe and may never see the light of day again. Remote work is king

I'm no coward. I disagreed with your post.

Have a good day 🤗

I'm not a coward either. I hugged your post. :)
    We’re meant to be lifelong friends
  • woollenmonarch
    5ofseven wrote: »
    Only poor people and Washington politicians wear suits nowadays, esp in a post pandemic world 😁

My suits are gathering dust in the wardrobe and may never see the light of day again. Remote work is king

I'm no coward. I disagreed with your post.

Have a good day 🤗

I'm not a coward either. I hugged your post. :)
    There’s always inner meaning in my posts and I pick terminologies which foster an active discussion

You ever see musk or zuckerberg or bezos wear a suit to work. It’s arrogance. Richard Branson once said he has reached a certain point in the power structure that he won’t wear a suit.

Suits were originally designed as a controlling dress code of white collar workers after the industrial revolution. It slowly made its way into Hollywood silent films and made its way to fashion

The suit existed 300 years prior to the industrial revolution. It's fashion basis is similarly aged. Is the inner meaning usually this erroneous?
    You’re confusing the two/ three piece suit formats with the multi piece suits stitched for kings and royal circles many hundred years prior
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »

You poor, misguided soul. Have you no concern for those of us in life-sustaining need of viewing cufflinks (specifically) and proper tailoring (generally) on regular basis? The amount of disrespect... 😩

Someday you’ll have to explain to me the fascination with cuff links. I’m legit curious 🙂
  • woollenmonarch

You poor, misguided soul. Have you no concern for those of us in life-sustaining need of viewing cufflinks (specifically) and proper tailoring (generally) on regular basis? The amount of disrespect... 😩

Someday you’ll have to explain to me the fascination with cuff links. I’m legit curious 🙂
    Pretense 😁

Buttons work very well.

On the other hand, I have plenty of cufflinks myself. I don’t wear them all days. They also don’t roll well over your hand if you are wearing a nice watch

Wearing a watch and cufflinks together is super effing annoying
  • twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member

I blame my grandfather. Wait...it's not gross 🤣

He wore them regularly, and still has a large collection to this day (even though he's too sick to suit up).

Whether it was to go to work, or church, or the shops, I would watch him shave meticulously and then fascinate on him putting on the last bits of his outfit before he went out.

He took the time to take very good care of himself...just as he took the time to take very good care of his family, his home and his community.

TLDR: I simply connote a man who pays attention to little details - like cufflinks - as a man who pays attention to the important things in life too 🤷🏿‍♀️

It’s like the male equivalent of not having chipped fingernail polish. Details
  • woollenmonarch

I blame my grandfather. Wait...it's not gross 🤣

He wore them regularly, and still has a large collection to this day (even though he's too sick to suit up).

Whether it was to go to work, or church, or the shops, I would watch him shave meticulously and then fascinate on him putting on the last bits of his outfit before he went out.

He took the time to take very good care of himself...just as he took the time to take very good care of his family, his home and his community.

TLDR: I simply connote a man who pays attention to little details - like cufflinks - as a man who pays attention to the important things in life too 🤷🏿‍♀️

My money was on: "I was home alone and this handsome pool boy knocked on my door to give me a pair of cufflinks he found...." So close😅
    This is the subplot of the great gatsby
  • twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    J_NY_Z wrote: »
    With the promise of 29 pictures of handsome men in suits I came running. All I was left with was social commentary, politics and a poorly thought out economics lesson.

Someone call me when the handsomeness shows back up.

Yes! Where are the *kitten* pictures?
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,511 Member
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    With the promise of 29 pictures of handsome men in suits I came running. All I was left with was social commentary, politics and a poorly thought out economics lesson.

Srsly. All I wanted to do was show people the suit I had made for my wedding. Now it's all serious and stuff in here. Get it together people.

You guys are killing it in your suits. Not a whole hell of a lot matters besides that. If i worried about what the trend of billionares fashion was id have to start wearing shirts with my overalls and underwear with my chaps!

Underwear with chaps? That defeats the purpose. *huff*
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited January 2021

Srsly. All I wanted to do was show people the suit I had made for my wedding. Now it's all serious and stuff in here. Get it together people.

I know!! Serious people=no fun :)

I just did a whoa there when chaps caught my eye. Is there a separate thread for those??
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member

There were 29 notifications. I thought they were all pictures. Nope.
  • 5ofseven
    5ofseven Posts: 791 Member
    I might buy this suit when they open up the office again and I have to play dress up

lenvcon2ek0r.jpeg

I can feel the thick, stretchy poly through the internet.